Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
23 hrs ago
The Foreigner (Blu-ray)
$10.99
23 hrs ago
Fifty Shades Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
23 hrs ago
Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

Maximum Overdrive (Blu-ray)
$32.99
9 hrs ago
I, Tonya (Blu-ray)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.22

Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
Darkest Hour (Blu-ray)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
The Night Stalker (Blu-ray)
$24.96
7 hrs ago
The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$24.96
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 02-28-2017, 03:06 AM   #41
Expert Member

Jun 2011
vancouver

i just tried to order again now back to 99
Old 11-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #42

Jan 2011
-
-

i was thinking of placing a zavvi order. never have before. i know on page 1 posters said they haven't been dinged with customs/tax charges. i just wanted to see if that's still the case? even with large orders?
Old 11-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

There is no such thing as large orders with Zavvi.

Every movie gets shipped individually. At least it has for me. Maybe once there was a shipment with 2 or 3 blu rays, but for 100 other orders they were all separate and no taxes.
Thanks given by:
Rui (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #44

Jan 2011
-
-

that's weird that they'd send each item separately because it seems it's a flat shipping fee of 2.40, regardless of how many items i add to my order.

I was thinking of pre-ordering the Thor Ragnarok 3d steel book as i'm worried that North America may not get a 3D release. is it easy to cancel with Zavvi if a NA pre order shows up?
Old 11-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #45

Jan 2011
-
-

i was also thinking of pre-ordering Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets 3D steel book from them because it's listed as Region Free on the Zavvi website, but i'm concerned because most people in the 3D forum are saying it won't be because it's a Lionsgate release and will probably be Region B locked.

Will Zavvi offer a refund if their listing is the wrong region?
Thanks given by:
impasse (11-13-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui View Post
i was also thinking of pre-ordering Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets 3D steel book from them because it's listed as Region Free on the Zavvi website, but i'm concerned because most people in the 3D forum are saying it won't be because it's a Lionsgate release and will probably be Region B locked.

I would send them a message and ask for them to confirm if its region free or not. Also, if they would issue you a refund if they are wrong.
TIL ALL ARE ONE THEATER
Projector: PIONEER FPJ1 (JVC RS2 Clone) 1080P LCOS
Screen: 106" EluneVision 16:9 (White) - 1.2 Gain
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705
Blu-ray: Sony Playstation 3 - 60GB
SVS 7.2 SURROUND SOUND: Fronts & Surrounds: SVS SBS-01 / Center: SVS SCS-01 / Subs: SVS PB10-NSD

TILALLR1's UV / iTunes / Google Play / Disney DMA/DMR / Digital Copy - CODES FOR SALE
Old 11-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #47
Expert Member

Dec 2013
Canada

I've ordered 50+ titles from Zavvi in the past two years or so, and I've never been hit with customs/duty charges.

And if you make a lot of overseas orders, it's worthwhile to invest in a region-free player
Old 11-10-2017, 05:30 PM   #48
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
I would send them a message and ask for them to confirm if its region free or not. Also, if they would issue you a refund if they are wrong.
highly doubt they would zavvi dont have the best customer service when it comes to refunds. one time i forgot to cancel a pre order that i didn't want anymore till 2 days before the release date. they wouldn't let me cancel it even though it wasn't shipped out yet. so when it got here i told mail man to send it back. 2 months went by and the kept calming it never came back. so finally i called visa and did a dispute to get the money back.

another time there site charged me for an item and they kept saying they didn't get the money. even after showing them a screen shot showing them they took money from my card on the release date of the item. took 3 weeks of arguing with them before they finally fixed the issue.

when stuff works right zavvi is great when it dont there c/s is meh.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:44 PM   #49
Special Member

Feb 2009
NS, Canada

Quote:
Somebody asked this exact question in another Zavvi thread. The response was, I believe, "yes, we will refund it, but you pay the return shipping." Buyer beware...

As for cancelling Zavvi items, its never been a problem if you do it a few days before it is supposed to ship.
Thanks given by:
Rui (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #50
Special Member

Feb 2009
NS, Canada

Quote:
i was thinking of placing a zavvi order. never have before. i know on page 1 posters said they haven't been dinged with customs/tax charges. i just wanted to see if that's still the case? even with large orders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post
There is no such thing as large orders with Zavvi.

Every movie gets shipped individually. At least it has for me. Maybe once there was a shipment with 2 or 3 blu rays, but for 100 other orders they were all separate and no taxes.
To clarify, Zavvi sends every STEELBOOK individually, in a single white box of varying design and durability. I have had a 3- or 4-item non-steelbook orders ship from Zavvi in a flimsy cardboard box that usually arrives beat up. I've also had a box set sent in a white bubble wrap envelope

NEVER had to pay duty, though.
Thanks given by:
Rui (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 11:58 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

So the deal with Zavvi is that most of their CS is online so if you want to cancel, you can cancel online as long as none of your order has shipped.

Once any item in your order has shipped (like, say a bonus magnet or book) then you can no longer cancel.

If you order an item that is already in-stock, you can almost never cancel because they will start shipping once you hit <Enter> and your order is locked.

For that reason, my solution is to order every item individually if you want the flexibility to possibly cancel. It costs a bit more, but that is the price you pay for total flexibility. If you are 100% sure you won't cancel, then put those titles together in one order to save on shipping.

As for region coding, you should double and triple check first because returns are a hassle. Or just buy an RF player.
Thanks given by:
Rui (11-11-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 03:22 AM   #52
Expert Member

Jun 2011
vancouver

i did 3 orders with zavvi got none of them been over a month i used to order alot never seemed to take this long
Old 11-18-2017, 04:18 AM   #53
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedealsonmovies View Post
i did 3 orders with zavvi got none of them been over a month i used to order alot never seemed to take this long
this is pretty common now alot of overseas packages are getting delayed uk stuff can take upto 2 months now. other regions like Asia i've heard people waiting upto 6 months.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:39 AM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

I am not seeing this at all.

Zavvi sent out my copy of YOUR NAME on Nov 7 and I received it sometime this week between the 13th and the 16th. That's 6-9 calendar days, or only 5 business days.

I've also received my Oct 30th packages from Amazon.fr last week as well.

Today I received my RIVERDALE and GOTHAM S3 order from Amazon.ca. Granted this is within the country, but I just ordered it yesterday.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:58 PM   #55

Jan 2011
-
-

Quote:
that's weird that they'd send each item separately because it seems it's a flat shipping fee of 2.40, regardless of how many items i add to my order.
i just wanted to revisit this question.

according to this :

https://www.zavvi.com/articles/inter...-delivery.list

if my order is above 120 i'd qualify for 1.99 Tracked Delivery (cheaper than their standard delivery).

This would seem to be a no brainer, but I'm curious if others have used tracked delivery from Zavvi? With the regular delivery they seem to send each item separately, do they do the same with tracked delivery?

I guess my concern is if they bundle the entire order together for tracked delivery would that increase the chance of it getting stopped and dinged by customs?
Old 11-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #56

Jan 2017
Germany/S. Wales, UK.

Quote:
i just wanted to revisit this question.

according to this :

https://www.zavvi.com/articles/inter...-delivery.list

if my order is above 120 i'd qualify for 1.99 Tracked Delivery (cheaper than their standard delivery).

This would seem to be a no brainer, but I'm curious if others have used tracked delivery from Zavvi? With the regular delivery they seem to send each item separately, do they do the same with tracked delivery?

I guess my concern is if they bundle the entire order together for tracked delivery would that increase the chance of it getting stopped and dinged by customs?
I would love a tracked option from them. I've even brought it up with their CS a bunch of times but it's never been made available to me once I get to the shipping part of the check out process.

I've had two orders from them go missing since I moved to Germany with nothing to really follow up with. I've just stuck with Amazon UK/US for UHD releases that are cheaper than they are here (which tends to be most releases...).
LG 55" C7 OLED . Oppo UDP-203 (Multi Region) . ATV4K . Denon AVR-X1300W . Xbox One S . PS4. Pioneer CLD-R7G .
Old 11-30-2017, 12:04 AM   #57

Jan 2011
-
-

i was thinking of ordering exclusive steel books so other outlets aren't an option.

when i go to my cart the tracked shipping seems to be an option that i can select, but i haven't completed payment so i don't know if that option would somehow disappear.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:20 AM   #58
Special Member

Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB
Buy.com

I hadn't ordered from zaavi in a long time but there were a bunch of exclusive steels on sale so I got eight. They all shipped at the same time, and three came (in one box) about two weeks later. It's been another two weeks and the other 5 haven't shown up yet. I wish there was a cheaper shipping option.
1. "Serve the public trust"
2. "Protect the innocent"
3. "Uphold the law"
Old 11-30-2017, 09:46 PM   #59

Mar 2013

I’ve just been through a weird time with them as well. It was my first time ordering from them and bought PotC: Salazar’s Revenge 3D Steelbook, Despicable Me 3 3D, and Cars 3 3D Steelbook. Pirates was sent out mid/late September and didn’t see anything for 2 months. I received the other 2 releases no problem in just over a weeks time from shipping. Contacted them 3 times about Pirates and was told twice to wait a bit longer. When I got my other 2 orders before I got my Pirates they finally agreed to resend my order last week and got my copy on Monday of this week. Then today out of no where I got either my original copy or the one they just sent out to replace it from last week. So besides this little problem I’ve been ok with their service and already placed my Thor Ragnorok 3D Steelbook into play. Sucks that I need to pay a bit more for my 3D Steelbook editions but glad we have Zavvi around for my needs
My DVD/HD-DVD/BLU-RAY/UHD Collection
DISPLAY: JVC X950RB 3D Projector (106" screen) Samsung 51" 3D Plasma, Oppo-203(Region Free)
SYSTEMS: PS3, PS4, WiiU, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE X, NINTENDO SWITCH
RECEIVER: Marantz sr7010, Atmos/DTS:X 5.2.4

Last edited by silentbob; 12-01-2017 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:02 AM   #60
Special Member

Nov 2009
Calgary
Send a message via Yahoo to chaingunsofdoom

I thought the UK shipping delays had stopped? Guess not.

I ordered 3 seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D yesterday since they didn't release S3 on BD here. And they never go on sale. 14.99 GBP each.

ETA Dec 15th.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals