Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Baby Driver 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Alien: Covenant 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Pokémon: Season 1 - Indigo League (Blu-ray)
$57.05
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
It 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Star Trek Beyond 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 04-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #21

Dec 2010
Sudbury, Ontario

I went ahead and ordered Chucky: The Complete Collection [6 Discs] [Blu-ray] for $24.18 along with 6 other titles. Shipping was $9.99 for the entire order.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:59 AM   #22

Jan 2012
Nova Scotia,Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_White View Post
I went ahead and ordered Chucky: The Complete Collection [6 Discs] [Blu-ray] for $24.18 along with 6 other titles. Shipping was $9.99 for the entire order.
Good score! I missed that one, too bad there is no more copies.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #23
Special Member

Jul 2011
Montreal, QC

I Just received my order from the 41% sale. I was surprises to receive it that fast. They sent it with USPS international priority. Overall the items were in pretty good condition, except for one disc.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #24

Jan 2012
Nova Scotia,Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan77 View Post
I Just received my order from the 41% sale. I was surprises to receive it that fast. They sent it with USPS international priority. Overall the items were in pretty good condition, except for one disc.
Did all the Blu Rays come with stickers on the cases and discs? If you don't mind me asking was the disc in bad condition scratched? Just a concerned buyer.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #25
Special Member

Jul 2011
Montreal, QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviesarethebest View Post
Did all the Blu Rays come with stickers on the cases and discs? If you don't mind me asking was the disc in bad condition scratched? Just a concerned buyer.
Most of the cases were wrapped and about half of the stickers were on the wrapping. For the items that weren't wrapped , I have been able to remove them easily except for one. The disc has 2 or 3 small scratches on it but I haven't tried it yet.

Also there was no stickers on the discs.

Last edited by Habsfan77; 04-10-2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:20 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan77 View Post
Most of the cases were wrapped and about half of the stickers were on the wrapping. For the items that weren't wrapped , I have been able to remove them easily except for one. The disc has 2 or 3 small scratches on it but I haven't tried it yet.

Also there was no stickers on the discs.
My experience as well, it seems the newer stickers come off quiet easily.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #27

Dec 2010
Sudbury, Ontario

Received my order today and out of the 7 items I ordered, 3 of them came brand new and factory sealed, with their "Used" sticker on them.

The other 4 items were in great condition, one loose disc (no scratches) and a broken case, which is easy to replace.

I'm happy I was able to snag the Chucky Collection for a good price. I've been looking for it for a while.

My total was a little bit over $100 with the shipping and converted to CAD. Luckily, I didn't have to pay anything else at the door.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:35 AM   #28

Jan 2012
Nova Scotia,Canada

Received my order of Blu-rays and all came in great shape. All Discs were in mint condition.

On another note, SecondSpin is having a 3-day sale with Free Shipping on orders of 25.00 +20% off. The free shipping does apply to Canada. Pretty good deal. The Code is ssfsapr2
Old 04-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #29

May 2010
New Hampshire

Quote:
Received my order of Blu-rays and all came in great shape. All Discs were in mint condition.

On another note, SecondSpin is having a 3-day sale with Free Shipping on orders of 25.00 +20% off. The free shipping does apply to Canada. Pretty good deal. The Code is ssfsapr2
Thanks for the heads up. Picked up:

Ken Burns The War $32.78
The Past $14.40
Syrup $13.60
Old 04-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #30
Special Member

Jul 2011
Montreal, QC

They have a good customer service. I sent an email yesterday because I had a problem playing The Wild Bunch and they sent me a replacement right away.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:28 AM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Toronto, Canada

Quote:

Thanks for the headsup and code. Had an extensive 1 hour search thru their website and picked up the following titles:

Windtalkers $3
Wicker Man $3
Flight of the Pheonix $3
Ultimate Avengers $3
Long Kiss Goodnight $3
Mercury Rising $6
Amityville Horror (2005) $7
Farscape (Season 1) $8
UFC: Ultimate 100 Fights (6 disc set) $20

Grand total of $50 bucks for everything. What a deal

I placed two separate orders. Hoping they dont just throw both orders in one box as I placed them separately in hopes to avoid customs.
BLUFANS - V.I.P (2014)
Samsung Plasma PN50B850
My Top 5 Movies Ever: #1) The Matrix #2) Se7en #3) Alien #4) American Beauty #5) Mulholland Drive
MY TRADE THREAD --> http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=266580

R.I.P. Ironsmile35
Old 04-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #32

Aug 2011
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Just made a $40 order for 6 movies that are hard to come by in Canada. Everything seems good, so I hope I have an enjoyable experience so I can start checking this site out more often.
"Does this suit make me look fat?"
"No, your face does"
Old 04-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #33

Jun 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Thanks for this. Placed an order for Entourage: The Complete Series on blu. Came to $67.99. Here's hoping I don't get dinged. First time ordering so I hope it comes in good condition.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Toronto, Canada

Received my first order from Second Spin and VERY pleased. Havn't opened all the flicks yet, but the ones I did were mint. Will be ordering from them again.

P.S - They have a new sale B1G1 50% off with promo code MAYBOFIFTY
BLUFANS - V.I.P (2014)
Samsung Plasma PN50B850
My Top 5 Movies Ever: #1) The Matrix #2) Se7en #3) Alien #4) American Beauty #5) Mulholland Drive
MY TRADE THREAD --> http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=266580

R.I.P. Ironsmile35
Old 05-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #35

Jun 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecardman23 View Post
Received my first order from Second Spin and VERY pleased. Havn't opened all the flicks yet, but the ones I did were mint. Will be ordering from them again.

P.S - They have a new sale B1G1 50% off with promo code MAYBOFIFTY
Received mine a couple of days ago. Box was a little beat up but not bad at all. No duty which was nice. Very happy as well with the price. I was nervous at first when I put the first disc in and it was skipping but it was just the previews. So far so good. Already on Season 4 so hopefully it keeps up.

Will definitely order from again. Only one easy sticker to remove as well. Can't beat $8.50 a season on blu for a series that is $199-$299 on the big retailers right now in Canada.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #36

Aug 2011
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

I am unsure if I will order from these guys again. While the price was right, the quality of some of the blu-rays I received was not.

Land of The Dead came in a blockbuster used DVD case. The fact it came from blockbuster doesn't really bother me, but the fact they sent me the same case that it came from blockbuster does.

The Mist came in and the back of the case had a big 1 - 1.5 inch scrape that went from the top of the case down into the barcode.

Cabin Fever had the worst case of them all. I'm pretty certain the machine they used to re-shrink film the movies was running way too hot, and it melted and warped the entire case's plastic. It looked absolutely horrible.

The movies all came in good shape, but the cases were unacceptable to my standards. I fired off an e-mail to them, so I will find out what they say.
"No, your face does"
Old 05-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #37
Special Member

Aug 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpickle View Post
I am unsure if I will order from these guys again. While the price was right, the quality of some of the blu-rays I received was not.

Land of The Dead came in a blockbuster used DVD case. The fact it came from blockbuster doesn't really bother me, but the fact they sent me the same case that it came from blockbuster does.

The Mist came in and the back of the case had a big 1 - 1.5 inch scrape that went from the top of the case down into the barcode.

Cabin Fever had the worst case of them all. I'm pretty certain the machine they used to re-shrink film the movies was running way too hot, and it melted and warped the entire case's plastic. It looked absolutely horrible.

The movies all came in good shape, but the cases were unacceptable to my standards. I fired off an e-mail to them, so I will find out what they say.
Not to try and argue with you, but there are perfectly good examples of where Second Spin might not be at fault for most of these issues:

As far as the scrape on The Mist goes, that is very typical of discounted and surplused titles. If a studio has tons of copies of a movie they probably will never be able to get rid of at normal prices, the studio themselves will scrape the barcode and then sell it for a big discount to liquidation places like Big Lots in the states. They scrape the barcade so it's not possible for you to buy a Blu-Ray at $3 and then take it to a place like Wal-Mart and try to return it unopened for $15. It's a practice that's been done since all the way back in the record era. So if the scrape is directly over the UPC code, this was most likely done deliberately by the studio at one point and had nothing to do with Second Spin.

And as far as the shrinkwrap being applied to hot, it's too bad. But I've seen way too many titles in regular stores where the studio themselves have done the same thing to squarely blame Second Spin for it. They could be to blame but the studio could be also.

Last edited by Corey31; 05-05-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #38

Aug 2011
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey31 View Post
Not to try and argue with you, but there are perfectly good examples of where Second Spin might not be at fault for most of these issues:

As far as the scrape on The Mist goes, that is very typical of discounted and surplused titles. If a studio has tons of copies of a movie they probably will never be able to get rid of at normal prices, the studio themselves will scrape the barcode and then sell it for a big discount to liquidation places like Big Lots in the states. They scrape the barcade so it's not possible for you to buy a Blu-Ray at $3 and then take it to a place like Wal-Mart and try to return it unopened for $15. It's a practice that's been done since all the way back in the record era. So if the scrape is directly over the UPC code, this was most likely done deliberately by the studio at one point and had nothing to do with Second Spin.

And as far as the shrinkwrap being applied to hot, it's too bad. But I've seen way too many titles in regular stores where the studio themselves have done the same thing to squarely blame Second Spin for it. They could be to blame but the studio could be also.
I am aware of the barcode scraping policy before, but this scrape wasn't even close to the entire barcode. It was still very much scannable still. It's more from the top of the case and down a 3rd of the barcode.

As for the shrink wrap. It was a second shrink wrap job. It wasn't from the initial run, but from whoever reshrunk the movies later.

As many people on these boards would agree, cases are hurt as important as tje discs themselves. I would have preferred some sort of notice that you may get damaged cases, which I was unaware of. Otherwise I had a good experience, just a little upsetting to receive it in that condition.
"No, your face does"
Old 05-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpickle View Post
I am aware of the barcode scraping policy before, but this scrape wasn't even close to the entire barcode. It was still very much scannable still. It's more from the top of the case and down a 3rd of the barcode.

As for the shrink wrap. It was a second shrink wrap job. It wasn't from the initial run, but from whoever reshrunk the movies later.

As many people on these boards would agree, cases are hurt as important as tje discs themselves. I would have preferred some sort of notice that you may get damaged cases, which I was unaware of. Otherwise I had a good experience, just a little upsetting to receive it in that condition.
If it a standard case then I don't really care that much. I swap out all the eco and vortex cases for standard Viva Elite cases anyways. I have had a few come in standard DVD cases as well, but as long as the artwork is fine it's not an issue for me as cases are fairly cheap. But I'd agree, they should have a disclaimer somewhere on the site stating as much. If its custom packaging then I'd agree that I'm expecting it in good condition.

They do shrinkwrap a lot of their titles, but never saw any damage from them.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #40

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain View Post
If it a standard case then I don't really care that much. I swap out all the eco and vortex cases for standard Viva Elite cases anyways. I have had a few come in standard DVD cases as well, but as long as the artwork is fine it's not an issue for me as cases are fairly cheap. But I'd agree, they should have a disclaimer somewhere on the site stating as much. If its custom packaging then I'd agree that I'm expecting it in good condition.

They do shrinkwrap a lot of their titles, but never saw any damage from them.
Agreed cases can be replaced so that isn't to big of a deal. Torn coverart though sucks. I ordered two things from them recently and they came mint.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ

RIP ironsmile35
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals