Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2017, 04:07 AM   #401
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
290
1
Default

Finally got my update!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
540Blue (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 04:25 AM   #402
hotbeef hotbeef is offline
Member
 
Mar 2008
Colorado
Default

Iíve been super tempted to upgrade my 2015 M70 to a 2016/17 P75 but Iím gonna stick it out for the 2018 refresh. Iím really hoping Vizio will do a design overhaul and will trickle down quantum dot and perhaps more FALD zones from their Reference series since itíll have been out for a couple years now, fingers crossed! Iíve had nothing but luck with mine, I also have a 2016 M65 in the living room. The new update and remote make a big difference for me since I kept having disconnect issues with the tablet remote.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:48 AM   #403
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
290
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbeef View Post
The new update and remote make a big difference for me since I kept having disconnect issues with the tablet remote.
Interesting as I have the same thing. Problem is, I have these issues regardless of the remote. I know there's things I can try to remedy this but meh, I don't wanna mess anything up doing so when the set's been awesome since I've had it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:40 PM   #404
hotbeef hotbeef is offline
Member
 
Mar 2008
Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Interesting as I have the same thing. Problem is, I have these issues regardless of the remote. I know there's things I can try to remedy this but meh, I don't wanna mess anything up doing so when the set's been awesome since I've had it.
Usually once a week Iíd have to restart my device or turn the tv off and on in sequence with the tablet or my phone to finally get casting to work and it was a pain when you wanted to mess with any tv settings and the tablet wouldnít sync up. The new remote works flawlessly and has hot keys for Netflix and Hulu and a couple other streaming apps which makes it super nice!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 08:49 PM   #405
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
290
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbeef View Post
Usually once a week Iíd have to restart my device or turn the tv off and on in sequence with the tablet or my phone to finally get casting to work and it was a pain when you wanted to mess with any tv settings and the tablet wouldnít sync up. The new remote works flawlessly and has hot keys for Netflix and Hulu and a couple other streaming apps which makes it super nice!
Oh wow, you received the new remote already?! I have the one that was released in between, the first XRT model that I posted in this thread somewhere.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:22 PM   #406
hotbeef hotbeef is offline
Member
 
Mar 2008
Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Oh wow, you received the new remote already?! I have the one that was released in between, the first XRT model that I posted in this thread somewhere.
Ha, I think I filled out their request page within minutes of it going live. It looks like they sent me the email saying they got my order on 8/2 and I got a shipping confirmation on 8/3 and I believe it arrived in the mail that Friday or Saturday!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 12:16 AM   #407
540Blue 540Blue is offline
Special Member
 
540Blue's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Virginia
1268
27
7
Default

Yeah I got my remote today. Super quick turnaround
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 02:36 AM   #408
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
290
1
Default 2016 Vizio P Series

Too funny, I actually just got my shipping confirmation shortly after my previous post, haha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #409
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
290
1
Default

Holy crap, my remote arrived today!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:24 AM   #410
Archedamian Archedamian is offline
Senior Member
 
Archedamian's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Central IL
4
723
482
8
Default

I received my remote today.
Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR X3000
Samsung HL61A750A1F
EPI Magnus CD60's
JBL PSW-1000
Polk Audio RTiA3
Polk Audio RTiA1
Polk Audio CSi A6

Last edited by Archedamian; 09-12-2017 at 01:11 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (09-12-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 07:39 AM   #411
westom westom is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Dad Benoit View Post
... they sent out a local repairman with a new motherboard. Took him all of 15 minutes to swap out the old with the new. TV is working great.
This is the third Vizio I have had since 2009 and all had a panel issue, ...
So what part or function was damaged? Only then can someone recommend a solution to avert damage to a Vizio and other appliances.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:03 PM   #412
K-Mac K-Mac is offline
Active Member
 
K-Mac's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Golden Heart City
181
2
1
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Mac View Post
When my TV and/or tablet is on, it gives off an open Wi-Fi signal. Not sure how this is happening.
[Show spoiler]
"If it drives, flies, floats, or f***s... lease it." - Spencer Strasmore
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (09-30-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #413
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
290
1
Default

Looks like my set just got updated, but only on the SMARTCAST input.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #414
JJ JJ is offline
Suspended
 
JJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Miami, FL
124
526
18
74
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Looks like my set just got updated, but only on the SMARTCAST input.
What's the update?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:45 PM   #415
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
290
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
What's the update?
Stull truly trying to figure that out. Apparently some SMARTCAST features, but then I'm also reading that Dolby Vision has been/still is broken on all 2016/2017 models and that was just recently brought to Vizio's attention.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #416
JJ JJ is offline
Suspended
 
JJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Miami, FL
124
526
18
74
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Stull truly trying to figure that out. Apparently some SMARTCAST features, but then I'm also reading that Dolby Vision has been/still is broken on all 2016/2017 models and that was just recently brought to Vizio's attention.
Oh? I had no idea re: DV. What's your source for that?

I haven't had any issues with my 75, hallelujah.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:55 PM   #417
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
290
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Oh? I had no idea re: DV. What's your source for that?

I haven't had any issues with my 75, hallelujah.
Me neither on both.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...lk-please.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #418
azmodeous azmodeous is offline
Active Member
 
azmodeous's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
674
310
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Holy crap, the newest update enabled HLG?!?! Awesome, more HDR goodness.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (11-06-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #419
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
290
1
Default

I am seriously about to toss this tablet out the window, I feel like this thing connects to my 2016 P50 maybe once out of every 20 times despite everything I've tried. It's basically useless at this point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #420
Constitution 101 Constitution 101 is offline
Special Member
 
Constitution 101's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
227
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
I am seriously about to toss this tablet out the window, I feel like this thing connects to my 2016 P50 maybe once out of every 20 times despite everything I've tried. It's basically useless at this point.
There's weird network stuff w/ that thing. I dumped bluetooth. I went w/ wifi, then manually set up the network w/ the router ip as the primary DNS, and Google Ip 8.8.8.8 as the secondary DNS. Things have been much better...
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal gov't, are FEW and DEFINED."-Madison
TV: Vizio P75-C1
DVR: DirecTV Genie C-61K
Gaming Consoles: Microsoft Xbox OneX (Elite Controller)
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony One
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:30 AM.