Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Orange Is the New Black: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Knick: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
Blomkamp≥ Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Red vs. Blue: RVBX: Ten Years of Red vs. Blue (Blu-ray)
$63.99
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Catch Me If You Can (Blu-ray)
$7.88
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$22.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-14-2015, 06:12 PM   #1341
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2013
Boston,MA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Except that BB gives you a kickback of 5% (an extra 5% if you pay with Discover). It also depends on who's charging tax where you are - but Amazon never matches BB's 5%, and BB stayed at $25 for free shipping - so, if the tax is equal, unless Amazon is lower, BB is always beating then by 5%.
A lot of people on here buy from Amazon, That's why I posted it. I already own it, but lately I've been doing most of my online buying from Best Buy. Amazon and Best Buy, now there's two options.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #1342
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OI8T12 View Post
A lot of people on here buy from Amazon, That's why I posted it. I already own it, but lately I've been doing most of my online buying from Best Buy. Amazon and Best Buy, now there's two options.
And don't forget Target. If you have the Red Card, its free Priority shipping. Just like Amazon
Old 02-14-2015, 09:10 PM   #1343
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
And don't forget Target. If you have the Red Card, its free Priority shipping. Just like Amazon
Absolutely, gotta be Red (+ occasional Bonus discs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
Do I want to get into the car and drive to Best Buy to pick up a nice copy or order from amazon.com and have a mutilated copy be delivered in a few days?
Don't why I'm laughing, that is the choice - if the store has it and they haven't mutilated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OI8T12 View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. You often post heads up's and I do appreciate it - big time, pardner.
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his fvckiní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #1344
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Rocky was just too predictable for me, to the point that I didn't enjoy it.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #1345

Dec 2008
Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to DRC72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden389 View Post
He's not incontinent. He just has, what you'd call "A relaxed digestive system".

Well they could always have Rocky renew his boxing license,, and have a bout at the nursing home he's staying at. Call it "Geriatric Rocky".
Hitachi 50 Inch Plasma TV 1080p HD
Sony BDP-S7200 - Blu-ray Player
Pioneer Elite AVS-33 - 7.1 Home Theater Receiver
Sony Playstation 3 - Gaming Console
Klipsch SW10 Powered Subwoofer
Old 02-15-2015, 01:45 PM   #1346

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Rocky was just too predictable for me, to the point that I didn't enjoy it.
You're on fire today. Keep 'em coming.
Most wanted.

1. The Tenant. 2. Cruising. 3. After Hours. 4. The Fearless Vampire Killers. 5. The Friends of Eddie Coyle. 6. American Gigolo. 7. The Brood. 8. Hardcore. 9. Barton Fink. 10. Witness. 11. Blue Collar. 12. Narc. 13. Midnight Run. 14. The 'Burbs. 15. Phantasm. 16. At Close Range. 17. Ali. 18. Nil by Mouth. 19. The Abyss 20. Mulholland Dr. 21. The Age of Innocence. 22. True Lies. 23. Casualties of War. 24. Panic Room. 25. Short Cuts.
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (02-16-2015), Blu Myers (02-28-2015), eiknarf (02-15-2015), Sky_Captain (02-15-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #1347
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
San Francisco, CA

Quote:
Do I want to get into the car and drive to Best Buy to pick up a nice copy or order from amazon.com and have a mutilated copy be delivered in a few days?
I would drive, but that's just me.
"Right now, I'm walking through this cemetery. Not because I'm sad. Because it inspires me. It's the most motivational place on Earth. Why is that? Because people die. When you accept the fact that your time on this Earth is limited, you'll do whatever it takes to make it count." - Bryan Bowers
Old 02-28-2015, 09:23 PM   #1348
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas
Question

I got this when it was on sale and have been considering returning it. So I had a question : since only the first movie has been remastered, what do you guys think the odds are that we'll see a fully remastered set up the road - perhaps after Rocky, the Trainer comes to Blu-ray?
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his fvckiní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #1349
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
I got this when it was on sale and have been considering returning it. So I had a question : since only the first movie has been remastered, what do you guys think the odds are that we'll see a fully remastered set up the road - perhaps after Rocky, the Trainer comes to Blu-ray?
Hard to say. I think down the road especially if UHD BD succeeds, we'll see new 4K scans but I think the sequels are solid, minimally processed, AVC encoded 2K scans and Balboa just looks excellent. I am very happy with the set for the $20 I paid.

Also, while remastered Rocky stems from a 4k scan in this set and is a general overall improvement over the original disc, it is not a 'huge' improvement either. It could be largely because of how the movie was shot, but also because it doesn't seem as if they went back to the original negative. So, I wouldn't expect the remasters to look that much better if you know what I mean. They would probably just re-scan the existing IPs which seemed to be the case for the first movie.
JVC DLA-RS4810 front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 9 foot wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon AVR-X3000 (Audyssey pro-cal'd)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 (fronts)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 800 (surrounds x 4)
HSU VTF-15H sub

Last edited by HeavyHitter; 02-28-2015 at 10:16 PM.
Thanks given by:
Early Memphis (02-28-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 10:19 PM   #1350
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter View Post
Hard to say. I think down the road especially if UHD BD succeeds, we'll see new 4K scans but I think the sequels are solid, minimally processed, AVC encoded 2K scans and Balboa just looks excellent. I am very happy with the set for the $20 I paid.

Also, while remastered Rocky stems from a 4k scan in this set and is a general overall improvement over the original disc, it is not a 'huge' improvement either. It could be largely because of how the movie was shot, but also because it doesn't seem as if they went back to the original negative. So, I wouldn't expect the remasters to look that much better if you know what I mean. They would probably just re-scan the existing IPs which seemed to be the case for the first movie.
It was scanned from an IP from what I understand but detail is much improved on the 4K remaster. Just my opinion though. Grain looks better overall as well.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #1351
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan34 View Post
It was scanned from an IP from what I understand but detail is much improved on the 4K remaster. Just my opinion though. Grain looks better overall as well.
Grain definitely looks better, more natural, and tighter. I thought detail was somewhat improved, but when you compare it to something The Terminator which got an all-out, full scale restoration from the original negative, detail improvement became significantly better in that case which is what I think of as "a lot". However, the Rocky detail improvement I think, in part, simply came from re-encoding it from MPEG-2 to AVC as well as the re-scanning. I do like the new color timing, as well. Either way, I think the remastered Rocky is definitely worth the improvement.
JVC DLA-RS4810 front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 9 foot wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon AVR-X3000 (Audyssey pro-cal'd)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 (fronts)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 800 (surrounds x 4)
HSU VTF-15H sub

Last edited by HeavyHitter; 03-01-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America