Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mr. Robot: Season 3.0 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
6 hrs ago
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
11 hrs ago
Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Happy Endings: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$30.20

Masters of Sex: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.30

The Expanse: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.29

Life (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$50.20

The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Black Sails: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection: Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 05-07-2018, 11:24 AM   #1461
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009

If someone is interested into reading my Evil Dead Definitive Timeline connecting all 3 movies and 3 seasons of AvED into one single continuity, please just send me a PM. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2018, 07:05 AM   #1462
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschreck View Post
Fede Alvarez wants to know if you want an Evil Dead 2:

https://mobile.twitter.com/fedalvar/...dead-2.1514%2F
His remake/reboot was great so ive been wanting a sequel for awhile now.
Thanks given by:
GasmaskAvenger (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 01:49 AM   #1463
Expert Member

Oct 2012

Would have been an amazing season.
Thanks given by:
frogmort (05-11-2018), Kamelot121 (05-10-2018), Michael24 (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 02:13 AM   #1464
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Nah, if you wanna blame anyone, blame Lionsgate.

Anchor Bay/Starz were super happy with Ash Vs. Evil Dead, but then Lionsgate bought them out and didn't like seeing so much money going towards a gory action horror comedy show with a small following.

[Show spoiler]Perhaps they killed AvED in a stupid ploy to fund that hopeless Divergent TV sequel and series they've been trying to get off the ground after the box office failure of Allegiant.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:10 AM   #1465
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

I highly doubt the abysmal ratings had nothing to do with it. I still canít believe it got a third season.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:15 AM   #1466
Special Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmaskAvenger View Post

Anchor Bay/Starz were super happy with Ash Vs. Evil Dead, but then Lionsgate bought them out and didn't like seeing so much money going towards a gory action horror comedy show with a small following.

[Show spoiler]Perhaps they killed AvED in a stupid ploy to fund that hopeless Divergent TV sequel and series they've been trying to get off the ground after the box office failure of Allegiant.
Lionsgate also blocked people from getting Cameron's 3D T2, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:04 AM   #1467
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Eastfarthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmaskAvenger View Post

Nobody but you'se guys wants a continuation of that new revamped crap. No Ashy Slashy, no sale for this guy.

By the way, the ending? Best episode ever!
Thanks given by:
ben6543 (05-12-2018), Michael24 (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 05:27 AM   #1468
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmort View Post
Nobody but you'se guys wants a continuation of that new revamped crap. No Ashy Slashy, no sale for this guy.
Ash wasn't Ash in the original Evil Dead, so you can still make Evil Dead without Bruce Campbell pretty easily.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:11 AM   #1469
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by film11 View Post
Lionsgate also blocked people from getting Cameron's 3D T2, so it wouldn't surprise me.
I have it and believe me you're not missing much, just a bit of extra depth and thats it
Old 05-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #1470
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
Plateau of Leng

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmort View Post

By the way, the ending? Best episode ever!
I would like a continuation of the remake. It worked very well and was an actual horror only take on The Evil Dead.
Thanks given by:
GasmaskAvenger (05-13-2018), lolwut (05-13-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM   #1471
Special Member

Jun 2013

I finally got around to start watching season 3. I'm 2 episodes in now and i'm really not impressed.

season 1 was great - season 2 was pretty good - this one i'm really finding my mind wandering and really debating just saying fook it as it was cancelled anyways. I really dont wanna watch a whole season to find out it ends on a cliff hanger and then got cancelled.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:44 PM   #1472
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Central California

It's kind of an open-ended finale, not really a life-or-death cliffhanger, but the season does take awhile to get going. For me, the second half was a lot better than the first half.
My Pop! Vinyl Collection | Top Favorites: Raiders of the Lost Ark ~ Star Wars ~ Jaws ~ Ghostbusters ~ Back to the Future ~ Lethal Weapon ~ Aliens ~ Jurassic Park ~ Blade Runner ~ Halloween ~ The Mummy (1999) | 4K ShmoreK
Thanks given by:
frogmort (Yesterday), Just Jimmy (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #1473
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Having now watched all of the third season, I have to say that most of it, including the last episode with the exception of the end scenes, was fairly bad. You really can feel how the season started one way, then took an abrupt turn, and then took another abrupt turn to sort of force in a "conclusion", which honestly, wasn't that satisfying. Ruby's fate was disappointing after how much of a focus (and possibly too much of a focus) she had been. The Ash/Brandy relationship went from believable to ridiculous, not helped by the fact that Campbell has zero chemistry with Arielle Carver-O'Neill, and in many episodes, you could really feel the purse strings being tightened, with the lack of location shoots and the constant return to the "Main Street"/hardware store or Brock's house sets.

I still wonder if there weren't some kinds of bigger problems at the end of the second season that lingered into this third and final one. But even if there weren't, you can hardly fault Campbell, Raimi, Tapert or anyone else for wanting to be done after it became clear what was happening with the third season. The drop in quality is painfully obvious, and I'm sure production realities like that really sap people's creativity and enthusiasm.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."
Old 05-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #1474
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
United Kingdom
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgmun View Post
I have it and believe me you're not missing much, just a bit of extra depth and thats it
But isnít that... 3D?
Blu-ray Samurai
Home Theater Setup:
Samsung JU6400 40Ē UHD 4K TV
Samsung UHD 4K Blu-ray Player
Samsung HT-C9950W 7.1 3D Home Cinema
Sony KDL60W855BBU 60Ē 3D TV
Sony PS4 500GB
Apple TV 4K 5th Generation
Old 05-17-2018, 07:59 PM   #1475
Special Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
Having now watched all of the third season, I have to say that most of it, including the last episode with the exception of the end scenes, was fairly bad. You really can feel how the season started one way, then took an abrupt turn, and then took another abrupt turn to sort of force in a "conclusion", which honestly, wasn't that satisfying. Ruby's fate was disappointing after how much of a focus (and possibly too much of a focus) she had been. The Ash/Brandy relationship went from believable to ridiculous, not helped by the fact that Campbell has zero chemistry with Arielle Carver-O'Neill, and in many episodes, you could really feel the purse strings being tightened, with the lack of location shoots and the constant return to the "Main Street"/hardware store or Brock's house sets.

I still wonder if there weren't some kinds of bigger problems at the end of the second season that lingered into this third and final one. But even if there weren't, you can hardly fault Campbell, Raimi, Tapert or anyone else for wanting to be done after it became clear what was happening with the third season. The drop in quality is painfully obvious, and I'm sure production realities like that really sap people's creativity and enthusiasm.
thanks for the quick review...that's rather disappointing. I wasn't too happy with episodes 1 and 2 but episode 3 seemed to pickup a bit, but knowing what i know above, that just is rather sad the show came to that. Oh well. I think ill watch evil dead 2 this weekend.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows