COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Okami-San & Her Seven Companions: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Ministry of Fear (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dream Theater: Breaking the Fourth Wall (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Archer: The Complete Season Three (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Picnic at Hanging Rock (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$40.18
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Great Expectations (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #3201
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopy View Post
Apparently Diabolik won't be carrying Nightmare Maker Butcher Baker in their next order... so international customers are screwed I guess if you want this dvd. Either that or break the bank for that ebay scalper who's selling it right now.
or maybe some Euro company will bootleg it?
Or just ask people in the States on here nicely if they could order you one and send it on to you. I already hooked a dude up in Canada on horrordvds. Of course this means double shipping for you or anyone outside the US, and with the dvd starting at $25, that's getting into insane levels for SD when you add it all up. But, I'll help if anyone needs it. All I ask is a buck or 2 for my post office trip and filling out the customs form troubles.

I do have a copy of it and it looks great for dvd, although I haven't seen any of the custom rips out there in cyberville. I have to guess this is as good as it's ever been for homes without a 35mm projector and 35mm print.

Last edited by bigdaddyhorse; Yesterday at 03:26 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM   #3202
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Someone started a thread asking if they were for or against limited editions - I guess this would be a very good reason to be against them. Buying a movie shouldn't feel like a chore. When it becomes a chore it crosses a line, it goes from being something you look forward to, to one of those things you have to do before going to bed but you forgot to do it so you have to get up and do it. It sucks, doesn't it? No way to run a business.
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #3203

Sep 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goremeister100 View Post
CR was ignoring my e-mails.
Yeah, I sent an email to CR & got ignored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaw1719 View Post
Did they reply to your initial email? I emailed him this past Saturday and he said if I didn't get it by the end of this month, he would refund me.
That's weird, I sent him an email almost a week ago & never got a response.
Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #3204
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Would people discussing Nightmare (and accompanying availability/shipping issues) please do so in the film's dedicated thread here? Every time this thread is bumped I (fleetingly and skeptically) think that there is some actual new Code Red news being reported.
Thanks given by:
Bad Sandwich (Yesterday), Russhole (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #3205

Jul 2010
New York, U.S.A.

Since I haven't received my copy, I can't intelligently discuss the film or the blu-ray. My concern is with difficulty concerning the company itself. I imagine if I wrote about my situation over in the NIGHTMARE-dedicated thread, I would be told that that thread was about the blu-ray and not about Code Red in general. In addition and more to the point, the way the business is run is news perhaps to people who are deciding whether to order from the company. I am beginning to wish I hadn't.

Last edited by Brown; Yesterday at 09:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM   #3206

Jan 2012
Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Would people discussing Nightmare (and accompanying availability/shipping issues) please do so in the film's dedicated thread here? Every time this thread is bumped I (fleetingly and skeptically) think that there is some actual new Code Red news being reported.
No. This is the appropriate place to discuss Code Red issues.
Thanks given by:
fuzzymctiger (Today), hilts (Today)
Old Today, 01:07 AM   #3207
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaw1719 View Post
No. This is the appropriate place to discuss Code Red issues.
But they're all issues related to a specific release. It's frankly an issue/discussion that is of importance to only a select few (though, of course, of legitimate importance to them) and makes for monotonous reading for the rest of us. Again, every time the thread is bumped to discuss Nightmare issues, it would appear to those who haven't opened the thread that actual news regarding the Code Red label and its releases was being posted in the Code Red Blu-ray Discussion Thread. If the general consensus is no, then fine, but it would seem to me to be the more considerate route.
Old Today, 01:23 AM   #3208
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
But they're all issues related to a specific release. It's frankly an issue/discussion that is of importance to only a select few (though, of course, of legitimate importance to them) and makes for monotonous reading for the rest of us. Again, every time the thread is bumped to discuss Nightmare issues, it would appear to those who haven't opened the thread that actual news regarding the Code Red label and its releases was being posted in the Code Red Blu-ray Discussion Thread. If the general consensus is no, then fine, but it would seem to me to be the more considerate route.
It's called the Code Red Discussion Thread, and if we can't even discuss a Code Red release in a Code Red thread then god forbid we actually do anything else.

Nightmare is the more recent Code Red release, therefore is the most relevant. Issues relating to the Code Red distributor and store, which most of the Nightmare discussion is about, is also perfectly relevant here.

You don't see other threads being asked to stop discussing a most recent release. No one told Scream Factory to stop discussing Motel Hell when it just came out. No one goes into Scorpion or Arrow or Criterion. Hell, Since the October announcments, Arrow has been entirely about the Withnail & I release. But nobody is being kicked off to the individual thread.

I think it's unfair to tell us to stop discussing the most recent relevant Code Red release in the labels discussion thread. If we focused just on news, it would be endless Roger Corman "announcements" or blu ray teases, followed by people *****ing because Bill never follows on any of his news.
Old Today, 01:24 AM   #3209

Jul 2010
New York, U.S.A.

Quote:
Once again, how Code Red operates (unfilled orders, ignored e-mails) is important for anyone contemplating ordering from it. I appreciate reading posts from others in my situation, and I would be thrilled to read in the next day or so that orders were being filled for these same people. And I don't care whether the item ordered is NIGHTMARE or any other title. As for considerate posting, please...how many threads are filled with such important utterances such as "pre-ordered" or "my slip cover has a smudge"?
Old Today, 01:32 AM   #3210
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
You don't see other threads being asked to stop discussing a most recent release. No one told Scream Factory to stop discussing Motel Hell when it just came out.
But if there had been a shipping issue with Motel Hell from its one and only shipper, and the general discussion thread was populated almost entirely by comments/complaints on the shipping (or lack thereof) of that one particular title, of course those who had no interest in the film and/or, while sympathizing with those having the specific issue, would be irritated with the general discussion thread being bumped exclusively to complain about this one particular (and mundane for everyone else) sub-issue, and would have suggested (likely in less polite terms) that comments about Motel Hell shipping issues be moved to the Motel Hell thread. As I said, I'm not trying to engage in an extensive argument on the subject, I just don't understand why you don't understand the other side. But, in any case, that's it from me.

Quote:
As for considerate posting, please...how many threads are filled with such important utterances such as "pre-ordered" or "my slip cover has a smudge"?
Hah, don't get me started on those! I was only trying to nip one instance in the bud, but oh well.
Old Today, 01:34 AM   #3211
Power Member

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Hey guys, from what I understand, the store is currently down for Bill to play catchup with orders. No new titles are being planned for the storefront during this period. I believe some should be hitting in September.
Follow me on Twitter to stay updated with my latest Blu-ray / DVD reviews: https://twitter.com/Frightener22

Slipcovers in need, PM me if you're looking to sell:
"Lost Boys: The Thirst", "Shark Night" & "Star Trek: The Original Series" Season 3
Old Today, 01:38 AM   #3212
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightener22 View Post
Hey guys, from what I understand, the store is currently down for Bill to play catchup with orders. No new titles are being planned for the storefront during this period. I believe some should be hitting in September.
Along with the Scorpion titles, I hope.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors