Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
17 hrs ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
8 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
17 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
13 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
Coming to America (Blu-ray)
$4.99
4 hrs ago
Clint Eastwood Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
5 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #561
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie313 View Post
Did all of the production diaries and web videos get ported over from the three DVD releases?
No. Wish they had, since they're long-time OOP.

When the thing was re-issued as an anniversary digibook would have been the perfect time, but we only got Universal's customary "recycle the transfer and master we already have" approach.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #562

May 2010
Santa Clarita, CA

I bought a second copy of King Kong today and discovered that the discs are different. Does anyone know if there is any difference between them? Just seemed odd they would redo the disc artwork on them.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #563
Special Member

May 2010
Colorado, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbercules View Post
I bought a second copy of King Kong today and discovered that the discs are different. Does anyone know if there is any difference between them? Just seemed odd they would redo the disc artwork on them.

[Show spoiler]
Universal doesn't do art work on their discs anymore....?
"In every age,
Family is king
and the bravest journeys,
are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #564
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbercules View Post

They don't do full color disc art anymore. They're probably reissuing the entire catalog like that to save money on printing.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #565
Power Member

Jun 2012
Moreno Valley, CA

I like having disc art because it makes the disc look professional. One think i hate about universals art print is that sometimes it looks sloppy and they look smeared
Old 08-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #566
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Wow! I got mine in January and it looks like your "new" one. I didn't even know that I'd missed out on better looking discs. Cheap bastards. Of course, I only paid $4.99, so ...
Old 05-05-2014, 02:44 AM   #567
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX

I just placed my order for the new steelbook. I love that cover art. I'm seriously considering get Wanted and Jurassic Park as well.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:56 AM   #568

Jul 2014
Default Max Steiner's Original Cues

Not entirely sure it's me, but I'd swear on a stack of Halliwell's Film Guides when I saw this in the theater, immediately after the scene where they are about to take Kong back to America, they opened with an establishing shot of the theater Kong is appearing in with the same music cue written by Max Steiner for the original (a kind of minor, syncopated piece played by a small band). I somehow remember remarking upon this as I believe it was the first time in the Jackson film they used some of the original music. They also reprised some of the original's soundtrack during the stage show later shown, but I still think that particular cue mentioned above is missing.

I remember watching the first DVD of this when it came out and didn't get that impression, so wondering now...?

I know of course there are often copyright issues, etc. for films when they are re-released in different formats, etc., but if I'm right about this, why was this particular cue missing when other music from the 1933 film was used?

Lastly, I could be imaging this and during the original showing of the film was having what I call an "acoustical hallucination"!

Thanks for any feedback!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:22 AM   #569
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJayKlein View Post
Not entirely sure it's me, but I'd swear on a stack of Halliwell's Film Guides when I saw this in the theater, immediately after the scene where they are about to take Kong back to America, they opened with an establishing shot of the theater Kong is appearing in with the same music cue written by Max Steiner for the original (a kind of minor, syncopated piece played by a small band). I somehow remember remarking upon this as I believe it was the first time in the Jackson film they used some of the original music. They also reprised some of the original's soundtrack during the stage show later shown, but I still think that particular cue mentioned above is missing.

I remember watching the first DVD of this when it came out and didn't get that impression, so wondering now...?

I know of course there are often copyright issues, etc. for films when they are re-released in different formats, etc., but if I'm right about this, why was this particular cue missing when other music from the 1933 film was used?

Lastly, I could be imaging this and during the original showing of the film was having what I call an "acoustical hallucination"!

Thanks for any feedback!
You're misremembering. The home video releases are the exact same as the theatrical prints.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #570
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Speaking of the music:

Does anyone know of any samples of Howard Shore's original score for this surfacing anywhere that it could be listened to?

As far as I'm aware, only parts of it were even recorded, but I remain curious to hear Shore's take on it. Maybe a cue or two will be released one day on a compilation album dedicated to Shore's work, but in the meantime, I'd just like to satisfy my curiosity.

Anyone know of a link?
Old 09-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #571
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

Finally added Kong to my collection. I had it on HD DVD a few years ago. I'll be holding on to my 3 disc extended DVD set though...a lot of those extras weren't ported over.
Sh*t Earl...it's Ted Holister.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America