Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fast & Furious 1-7 Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
John Wick 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.96
Doctor Who: The Complete Seventh Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$90.10
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Godfather Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Glengarry Glen Ross (Blu-ray)
$4.00
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$4.00
Cowboy Bebop: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #1621
Zillamon51 Zillamon51 is offline
Special Member
 
Zillamon51's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
953
122
6
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-21 View Post
I heard a rumor that the next step they wanted to take after Rocky 4 was for Rocky to fight an Alien in Rocky 5.

He goes from ending the cold war to representing and saving the human race.
There was also a rumor back in the day of Jean-Claude Van Damme fighting the Abominable Snowman. More recently, AICN claimed that Rambo 5 would have some kind of werewolf against Rambo.
Casual Funko Pop collector. Check out my Collection! Here is my Want List.

Have to trade: SS Joker (Boxer) (Target), Golden Freddy (Summer Con / Walmart), Ghostbusters 3-pack (Gatekeeper / Zuul / Keymaster) (Walmart).
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #1622
Abz786 Abz786 is offline
New Member
 
Apr 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden389 View Post
I've said this on the thread before, but it was such a while back that I don't think anyone here who remembers will mind me repeating it, but there's a workprint version of Rocky 5 with plenty of alternate and deleted scenes. Some of which make the film better, and some that make it worse. Not gonna bother posting youtube clips but they may still be online for anyone interested.

Also wanna add that, for those who want to see an "improved" version of Rocky 5 that makes it feel more like Rocky 4 (as well as just a better film overall), there is an 'alternate' version floating around out there. It's my go-to version now
Where is this alternate version? i cant find it. i know its the 80s remix but where? do you have a link?

also im working on my own version of rocky v.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:02 PM   #1623
Acer2010 Acer2010 is offline
New Member
 
Feb 2010
Unhappy

The 4K-remastered version of ROCKY has been on Blu-ray since 2/11/2014 (the Heavyweight Collection) and 5/6/2014 (its standalone release). Both the 4K-remastered versions of ROCKY and RAIN MAN, which came out for sale on 9/2/2014, were part of MGM's 90th Anniversary celebration, along with three other MGM titles that were remastered in 4K. Those three other films were ROBOCOP, FARGO, and THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY.

The reason I'm saying this is because ROBOCOP, FARGO, and THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY all got reviews by Michael Reuben for Blu-ray.com, and the big letdown is that ROCKY and RAIN MAN (the 4K-remastered versions) each did not get one review for their audio and visual qualities. Why would Blu-ray.com ignore these titles? It's been a year since they've been released, and to this day, they still do not have a review.

This bugs me because before I buy a Blu-ray disc, I always read the review to see if the disc has good audio and visual quality. If the audio and visual quality is outstanding, I think it's a keeper. But if the disc does not have any good video and/or audio quality, I skip it.

I had been looking forward to a 4K-remastered version of ROCKY (because it's one of AFI's 100 Greatest American Movies of All Time), but I have not yet bought it because it has no review on Blu-ray.com. I think that since this year is ROCKY'S 40th anniversary, it should get a review. ROCKY (the 4K-remastered version) deserves it. And so does the 4K-remastered version of RAIN MAN.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:09 PM   #1624
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
479
37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer2010 View Post
The 4K-remastered version of ROCKY has been on Blu-ray since 2/11/2014 (the Heavyweight Collection) and 5/6/2014 (its standalone release). Both the 4K-remastered versions of ROCKY and RAIN MAN, which came out for sale on 9/2/2014, were part of MGM's 90th Anniversary celebration, along with three other MGM titles that were remastered in 4K. Those three other films were ROBOCOP, FARGO, and THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY.

The reason I'm saying this is because ROBOCOP, FARGO, and THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY all got reviews by Michael Reuben for Blu-ray.com, and the big letdown is that ROCKY and RAIN MAN (the 4K-remastered versions) each did not get one review for their audio and visual qualities. Why would Blu-ray.com ignore these titles? It's been a year since they've been released, and to this day, they still do not have a review.

This bugs me because before I buy a Blu-ray disc, I always read the review to see if the disc has good audio and visual quality. If the audio and visual quality is outstanding, I think it's a keeper. But if the disc does not have any good video and/or audio quality, I skip it.

I had been looking forward to a 4K-remastered version of ROCKY (because it's one of AFI's 100 Greatest American Movies of All Time), but I have not yet bought it because it has no review on Blu-ray.com. I think that since this year is ROCKY'S 40th anniversary, it should get a review. ROCKY (the 4K-remastered version) deserves it. And so does the 4K-remastered version of RAIN MAN.
Why don't you just read another site's review?

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1059...avyweight.html
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/comm...review.329819/
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:19 PM   #1625
Zillamon51 Zillamon51 is offline
Special Member
 
Zillamon51's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
953
122
6
Wal-Mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer2010 View Post
I had been looking forward to a 4K-remastered version of ROCKY (because it's one of AFI's 100 Greatest American Movies of All Time), but I have not yet bought it because it has no review on Blu-ray.com. I think that since this year is ROCKY'S 40th anniversary, it should get a review. ROCKY (the 4K-remastered version) deserves it. And so does the 4K-remastered version of RAIN MAN.
Dude, the remastered Rocky is $7.88 in the Walmart dump bin. Don't make excuses, you're just being cheap. Live dangerously and take the plunge. Do you really think there's a better option for watching this movie that you claim to have been looking forward to for so very long? DVD? Ex-rental VHS perhaps?
Casual Funko Pop collector. Check out my Collection! Here is my Want List.

Have to trade: SS Joker (Boxer) (Target), Golden Freddy (Summer Con / Walmart), Ghostbusters 3-pack (Gatekeeper / Zuul / Keymaster) (Walmart).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
lilant2248 (04-29-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 02:03 AM   #1626
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
US of A
2
5
Default

Just picked up the 40th anniversary set at Best Buy for $20, that's a helluva deal. Saw Creed but haven't seen the Rocky movies, so these are blind-buys. Looking forward to finally seeing these.

Anyway, just FYI -- $20 for the set comes to about $3.50 a pop with tax. Prolly won't get better than that.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:40 AM   #1627
Jay Mammoth Jay Mammoth is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jay Mammoth's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Buffalo NY
3
732
14
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Just picked up the 40th anniversary set at Best Buy for $20, that's a helluva deal. Saw Creed but haven't seen the Rocky movies, so these are blind-buys. Looking forward to finally seeing these.

Anyway, just FYI -- $20 for the set comes to about $3.50 a pop with tax. Prolly won't get better than that.
Enjoy, Rocky is one of the greatest characters in cinema.
LG OLED C6
Onkyo 757 Atmos
Philips UHD Bluray Player
Sony 5200 region free player
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:49 PM   #1628
tskwerl tskwerl is offline
Active Member
 
tskwerl's Avatar
 
May 2015
212
249
Default

Why all the hate for Rocky 5? Well, at the time, Stallone had said that it would be the last Rocky film. Which is a downer for the ol' lunkhead. He pretty much ends right where he started. In the slums with no money. If that is what "full circle" means, then it sucks.

Then, Balboa came along and trumped it. He's not doing great, but he owns a little restaurant, so he's clearly doing all right. He has one last fight and calls it good. I thought it was a fitting end for the series and character.

When I heard about Creed, I just thought, "Man, now they're just going to ruin that perfect cap." But, after seeing it, I think it's a good way to pass the torch, while also honoring the character of Rocky. With him basically being Mickey to Adonis.

I hope Creed continues.
My Wishlist: The Return of Swamp Thing, Fright Night II, Paradise, Multiplicity
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:54 AM   #1629
Worship.my.wreck Worship.my.wreck is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2016
179
38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Just picked up the 40th anniversary set at Best Buy for $20, that's a helluva deal. Saw Creed but haven't seen the Rocky movies, so these are blind-buys. Looking forward to finally seeing these.

Anyway, just FYI -- $20 for the set comes to about $3.50 a pop with tax. Prolly won't get better than that.
Yeah I just saw this at my local BB and almost picked it up. I definitely have to get it next time though. As well as Creed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:30 AM   #1630
ThirteenthFan ThirteenthFan is offline
Member
 
Sep 2013
Default

The Heavyweight Collection is on sale at Fry's for 11.99 (in store/store pick-up only). It was a must-grab for me at that price.

Last edited by ThirteenthFan; 07-05-2016 at 02:08 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
WhiteTim (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #1631
WhiteTim WhiteTim is offline
Senior Member
 
WhiteTim's Avatar
 
Aug 2015
235
4
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirteenthFan View Post
The Heavyweight Collection is on sale at Fry's for 11.99 (in store/store pick-up only). It was a must-grab for me at that price.
Thanks for posting this got it the other day at Frys I'd been eyeing it when BB Had it for 20 or whatever but as I'm not a huge fan of some of the sequels I kept passing it but for 12 bucks couldn't pass it up

I haven't read all the pages here but didn't MGM/Fox kinda jump the gun on calling it the 40th? I see this set came out in 2015 Rocky didn't come out til Dec 1976
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:50 PM   #1632
Agent Bond Agent Bond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Agent Bond's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
San Francisco, CA
205
33
3
Default

If you get a chance, go to Sylvester Stallone's Facebook page today. He must be digging through the archives, because he's posted a bunch of behind-the-scenes / never before seen pictures and action shots from a few of the Rocky movies. Really cool!
On His Majesty's Imperial Service

Follow me if you'd like:

Twitter: Maniac2008
Instagram: wwehistorian
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:44 PM   #1633
TylerDurden389 TylerDurden389 is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY
Default

Unless I'm looking at the wrong page, I'm glad to see that most of the BTS pics are from Rocky IV, which is my favorite movie. I even bought a pair of vintage Adidas boxing boots like he wears in the film so I can go out as Rocky on Halloween.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:00 AM   #1634
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
864
108
3
351
Default

This appears to be the cheapest set and I don't see any drawbacks - is this the one to get?



Edit : No sets seem to have digital codes, but the "Undisputed Collection" has one extra disc? Only from "Rocky Balboa"? Not worth an extra $30+?
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.

Last edited by Early Memphis; 10-02-2016 at 04:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:04 AM   #1635
tylergfoster tylergfoster is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tylergfoster's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Seattle, WA
862
555
1017
5
160
Default

Yes. The other one with the silhouette is just this set in a new slipcover, with some really, really, really awful art cards.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:18 AM   #1636
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
864
108
3
351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylergfoster View Post
Yes. The other one with the silhouette is just this set in a new slipcover, with some really, really, really awful art cards.
Confused by the new one ...

because the BRDC page description says "The seventh disc of extras from the "Undisputed Collection" has now been added to the disc containing the original 'Rocky'" - but it's listed as only having 6 discs, not 7 like "Undisputed". And they couldn't cram a whole disc's worth of extras onto first disc without crapping on the quality (hardly the "improved video presentation" the page touts).
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:55 AM   #1637
GoodvEvil GoodvEvil is offline
New Member
 
GoodvEvil's Avatar
 
Sep 2016
Default

The Heavyweight collection has the 4K remaster of Rocky 1. So that's the one to get. There was an earlier collection set which didn't have the remaster so avoid that one if you can.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:02 AM   #1638
redxrebellion redxrebellion is offline
Expert Member
 
redxrebellion's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
656
281
6
Default

Haven't watched these in awhile. Might have to go through them soon. First two are the best but I have such a soft spot for 3
Recent watches:
Bill & Teds Excellent Wdventure & Bogus Journey
The Strain (Season 3)
Return of the Living Dead 3

Looking To Buy: Bambi II (New & Sealed With Slip) PM me
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #1639
tylergfoster tylergfoster is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tylergfoster's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Seattle, WA
862
555
1017
5
160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Confused by the new one ...

because the BRDC page description says "The seventh disc of extras from the "Undisputed Collection" has now been added to the disc containing the original 'Rocky'" - but it's listed as only having 6 discs, not 7 like "Undisputed". And they couldn't cram a whole disc's worth of extras onto first disc without crapping on the quality (hardly the "improved video presentation" the page touts).
The original Blu-ray release of Rocky had no extras (common for MGM, which released a ton of Blu-rays with nothing but the film on them). The extras on the seventh extras disc in the original set were all from the 2-disc collector's edition DVD of Rocky. They fit fine onboard the new remastered Rocky Blu-ray because they were created for DVD and are not in HD. There is one new extra on the disc, and it's included in HD, but it only runs 8 minutes.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:05 AM   #1640
TylerDurden389 TylerDurden389 is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY
Default

Anyone in the NYC area may wanna clear their schedule for Saturday Dec 3rd:

https://drafthouse.com/yonkers/show/...rocky-marathon



"ROCKY will be presented on a brand new 4K restoration, ROCKY II - CREED will be screened from 35mm prints!

The first 100 audience members in the door will get an exclusive screen printed poster made just for this event!

Forty years ago, Sylvester Stallone put on screen one of cinema's most beloved characters in Rocky Balboa. In a series that has now spanned four decades and seven films, the ROCKY franchise has never shown signs of quitting - despite some sizable gaps between sequals. For one whole day, shortly following the 40th anniversary of ROCKY's original theatrical release, we will screen all seven films in the ROCKY series: ROCKY, ROCKY II, ROCKY III, ROCKY IV, ROCKY V, ROCKY BALBOA and last year's revitilization of the franchise, CREED (in a very rare 35mm presentation) with Philly inspired food specials, giveaways and other surprises. Gonna fly now!"



Order fast cuz the tickets are selling like hotcakes!! I just ordered mine and I'd say nearly a third of the seats are already taken (the good 'center' seats already are).
See you guys there!! Look for the guy wearing the vintage Adidas Rocky 4 boxing boots with matching colored tube socks
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 PM.