Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Knight Rider: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.27
Waxwork / Waxwork II: Lost in Time (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Aliens (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Girlfriend Experience: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Suicide Squad 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
The Legend of Tarzan 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Lone Wolf and Cub (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$14.99
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #1621
Special Member

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-21 View Post
I heard a rumor that the next step they wanted to take after Rocky 4 was for Rocky to fight an Alien in Rocky 5.

He goes from ending the cold war to representing and saving the human race.
There was also a rumor back in the day of Jean-Claude Van Damme fighting the Abominable Snowman. More recently, AICN claimed that Rambo 5 would have some kind of werewolf against Rambo.
Casual Funko Pop collector. Check out my Collection! Here is my Want List.

Have to trade: SS Joker (Boxer) (Target), Captain America (75th w/ Photon Shield) (Kohl's). Want: Civil War Falcon (HT), BvS Aquaman (Ocean / Blue) (HT).
Old 04-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #1622

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden389 View Post
I've said this on the thread before, but it was such a while back that I don't think anyone here who remembers will mind me repeating it, but there's a workprint version of Rocky 5 with plenty of alternate and deleted scenes. Some of which make the film better, and some that make it worse. Not gonna bother posting youtube clips but they may still be online for anyone interested.

Also wanna add that, for those who want to see an "improved" version of Rocky 5 that makes it feel more like Rocky 4 (as well as just a better film overall), there is an 'alternate' version floating around out there. It's my go-to version now
Where is this alternate version? i cant find it. i know its the 80s remix but where? do you have a link?

also im working on my own version of rocky v.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #1623

Feb 2010
Unhappy

The 4K-remastered version of ROCKY has been on Blu-ray since 2/11/2014 (the Heavyweight Collection) and 5/6/2014 (its standalone release). Both the 4K-remastered versions of ROCKY and RAIN MAN, which came out for sale on 9/2/2014, were part of MGM's 90th Anniversary celebration, along with three other MGM titles that were remastered in 4K. Those three other films were ROBOCOP, FARGO, and THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY.

The reason I'm saying this is because ROBOCOP, FARGO, and THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY all got reviews by Michael Reuben for Blu-ray.com, and the big letdown is that ROCKY and RAIN MAN (the 4K-remastered versions) each did not get one review for their audio and visual qualities. Why would Blu-ray.com ignore these titles? It's been a year since they've been released, and to this day, they still do not have a review.

This bugs me because before I buy a Blu-ray disc, I always read the review to see if the disc has good audio and visual quality. If the audio and visual quality is outstanding, I think it's a keeper. But if the disc does not have any good video and/or audio quality, I skip it.

I had been looking forward to a 4K-remastered version of ROCKY (because it's one of AFI's 100 Greatest American Movies of All Time), but I have not yet bought it because it has no review on Blu-ray.com. I think that since this year is ROCKY'S 40th anniversary, it should get a review. ROCKY (the 4K-remastered version) deserves it. And so does the 4K-remastered version of RAIN MAN.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:09 PM   #1624
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer2010 View Post
The 4K-remastered version of ROCKY has been on Blu-ray since 2/11/2014 (the Heavyweight Collection) and 5/6/2014 (its standalone release). Both the 4K-remastered versions of ROCKY and RAIN MAN, which came out for sale on 9/2/2014, were part of MGM's 90th Anniversary celebration, along with three other MGM titles that were remastered in 4K. Those three other films were ROBOCOP, FARGO, and THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY.

The reason I'm saying this is because ROBOCOP, FARGO, and THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY all got reviews by Michael Reuben for Blu-ray.com, and the big letdown is that ROCKY and RAIN MAN (the 4K-remastered versions) each did not get one review for their audio and visual qualities. Why would Blu-ray.com ignore these titles? It's been a year since they've been released, and to this day, they still do not have a review.

This bugs me because before I buy a Blu-ray disc, I always read the review to see if the disc has good audio and visual quality. If the audio and visual quality is outstanding, I think it's a keeper. But if the disc does not have any good video and/or audio quality, I skip it.

I had been looking forward to a 4K-remastered version of ROCKY (because it's one of AFI's 100 Greatest American Movies of All Time), but I have not yet bought it because it has no review on Blu-ray.com. I think that since this year is ROCKY'S 40th anniversary, it should get a review. ROCKY (the 4K-remastered version) deserves it. And so does the 4K-remastered version of RAIN MAN.
Why don't you just read another site's review?

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1059...avyweight.html
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/comm...review.329819/
Old 04-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #1625
Special Member

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Wal-Mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer2010 View Post
Dude, the remastered Rocky is $7.88 in the Walmart dump bin. Don't make excuses, you're just being cheap. Live dangerously and take the plunge. Do you really think there's a better option for watching this movie that you claim to have been looking forward to for so very long? DVD? Ex-rental VHS perhaps?
Casual Funko Pop collector. Check out my Collection! Here is my Want List.

Have to trade: SS Joker (Boxer) (Target), Captain America (75th w/ Photon Shield) (Kohl's). Want: Civil War Falcon (HT), BvS Aquaman (Ocean / Blue) (HT).
Thanks given by:
lilant2248 (04-29-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 01:03 AM   #1626
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2008
US of A

Just picked up the 40th anniversary set at Best Buy for $20, that's a helluva deal. Saw Creed but haven't seen the Rocky movies, so these are blind-buys. Looking forward to finally seeing these.

Anyway, just FYI -- $20 for the set comes to about $3.50 a pop with tax. Prolly won't get better than that.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
Old 04-17-2016, 01:40 AM   #1627
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011
Buffalo NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Just picked up the 40th anniversary set at Best Buy for $20, that's a helluva deal. Saw Creed but haven't seen the Rocky movies, so these are blind-buys. Looking forward to finally seeing these.

Anyway, just FYI -- $20 for the set comes to about $3.50 a pop with tax. Prolly won't get better than that.
Enjoy, Rocky is one of the greatest characters in cinema.
LG OLED C6
Onkyo 757 Atmos
Philips UHD Bluray Player
Sony 5200 region free player
Old 05-18-2016, 07:49 PM   #1628

May 2015

Why all the hate for Rocky 5? Well, at the time, Stallone had said that it would be the last Rocky film. Which is a downer for the ol' lunkhead. He pretty much ends right where he started. In the slums with no money. If that is what "full circle" means, then it sucks.

Then, Balboa came along and trumped it. He's not doing great, but he owns a little restaurant, so he's clearly doing all right. He has one last fight and calls it good. I thought it was a fitting end for the series and character.

When I heard about Creed, I just thought, "Man, now they're just going to ruin that perfect cap." But, after seeing it, I think it's a good way to pass the torch, while also honoring the character of Rocky. With him basically being Mickey to Adonis.

I hope Creed continues.
My Wishlist: The Return of Swamp Thing, Fright Night II, Paradise, Multiplicity
Old 05-19-2016, 12:54 AM   #1629

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post

Yeah I just saw this at my local BB and almost picked it up. I definitely have to get it next time though. As well as Creed.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:30 AM   #1630

Sep 2013

The Heavyweight Collection is on sale at Fry's for 11.99 (in store/store pick-up only). It was a must-grab for me at that price.

Last edited by ThirteenthFan; 07-05-2016 at 01:08 AM.
Thanks given by:
WhiteTim (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 12:49 PM   #1631

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirteenthFan View Post
The Heavyweight Collection is on sale at Fry's for 11.99 (in store/store pick-up only). It was a must-grab for me at that price.
Thanks for posting this got it the other day at Frys I'd been eyeing it when BB Had it for 20 or whatever but as I'm not a huge fan of some of the sequels I kept passing it but for 12 bucks couldn't pass it up

I haven't read all the pages here but didn't MGM/Fox kinda jump the gun on calling it the 40th? I see this set came out in 2015 Rocky didn't come out til Dec 1976
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America