Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.49
ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. - Made in America (Blu-ray)
$18.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces (Blu-ray)
$49.36
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.61
The BFG (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Pan's Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International

Old 03-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #101

Sep 2012
If it's not 4K, UV, 3-D, or absolutely free it's a waste of time, space, and MONEY!!!
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
Hi,

For the most part, no, I don't and won't buy secondhand or used Blu-Ray's, unless I know who it's from. I simply don't trust other people to look after their films in the way I do, and I've seen too many people treat new Blu-Ray's, CD's and DVD's like drinks coasters, dropping them on the floor, cleaning the playing surface with their jumper or shirt sleeve, or using spittle as a cleaning fluid. I mean, for goodness sake's, that's just gross!

However, that's just my personal view, and those of you who do regularly buy secondhand, that's fine with me also. It's your money, and your choice.

I do think Petra raises some interesting issues on the subject though.

I'd agree with that, which is why I don't buy secondhand XBox games, nor do I trade-in my games to companies like CEX, Game, etc, etc. Why should these companies profit from someone else's work? Seems patently unfair to me.

On this, I absolutely and wholly concur. I've seen first-hand companies like Game and CEX offer customers peanuts for their products, and seen that same item go out on display, for almost as much as a brand-new, sealed copy would go for. I really don't understand the mentality of paying £1 or £2 less for a secondhand item, when you could pay that extra bit of cash (which is a relatively trivial amount) and get a brand-new, never-opened, never-played version. In Game, I've even gone in to buy a new copy of a game, walked up to the counter with it, and then they've said they've got a secondhand copy in which is cheaper. You then ask how much cheaper, and they say it's £1 less! Absolutely dumbasss economics, of the highest order!

CEX and Cash Convertors are evil companies, in my view. In my local Cash Convertors, they pay 10p per single DVD (irrespective of what the film is, how old or new it is, and what condition it's in) and £1 for any multi-disc boxed-sets, again, irrespective of what the item is, or how many discs are in it! Why should organisations like theirs be allowed to profit from other people's misery, and screw people over at the same time?! It's just wrong on so many levels!

I've seen my local CEX charge £25 for a secondhand set of the LORD OF THE RINGS: EXTENDED EDITION Blu-Ray Boxed Set, when I can 1p less, and get it new and sealed from my local HMV across the road. Their pricing structure is a joke, and not in a good way.

On that, I'm going to respectfully, but firmly disagree. CEX are nothing short of con-merchants, in my view. They pay peanuts, and then jack-up the prices to extortionate and stupid amounts. They demand goods that you want to sell to them are in perfect condition, but are happy to sell second-rate, scratched-to-hell goods to you, and if you complain they just say "All the discs are tested, and they play fine"! Yeah, of course, they do!

I'm all for people selling goods for a fair price, but not for peanuts to companies who are making profit from your being screwed over.

Pooch
I totally agree with all of the above!
Old 03-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #102
Expert Member

Aug 2012
charleston sc

I don't mind them at all only problem I've ever had was the cases being ruined so I always have spare empty cases to switch them out. btw would everyone be so kind and rate my gallery please thank you I'll return the favor
Sony KDL65w850a
Yamaha Rx-v373
Xbox One
POLKAUDIO
Monitor 60 Front Monitor 30 Rear
BIC-pl200
CS20 Center
Monster HDP-1800
Old 03-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #103
Expert Member

Apr 2013

I try to find good deals on titles from abroad and usually a "very good" to "like new" copy will do just fine. It is difficult to find affordable blu-rays of specialty labels as they usually get offered way overpriced on the secondary market. I manage to find a good bargain now and again, usually of someone who isn't out to speculate but just wants to sell his or her copy to a fellow collector.
Thanks given by:
Just Jimmy (03-09-2016)
Old 03-10-2016, 08:43 AM   #104

Jul 2014

Usually I'll buy second-hand on an ebay auction for a release that is out of print and going for a lot more than usual. I clean the discs to make sure their clean and I don't damage my player, I replace cases if they need replacing.

As Blurays are more robust the chances of getting damaged discs is a lot less likely. So I'd say Blurays are more suited than DVDs for buying 2nd hand
Old 03-10-2016, 09:31 AM   #105
Special Member

Apr 2011
NY

Yes. I have purchased 2nd hand BDs on Amazon and so far no problem.
Samsung 65" UHD JS9500
Marantz SR7009,
Oppo BDP-103
7.3.4 Atmos System - Orb Audio Speakers
ADX Maximus Tactile Bass Shaker (2)
Axiom Subwoofer EP600 & EARTHQUAKE MINI ME P8 Subwoofer (2)
X-Box One, WiiU
Old 04-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #106
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Hell yes. I've plugged a lot of holes in my collection for a few quid a go (just today I bought Cloverfield for £2). It's a lovely bonus when the UV copy hasn't been redeemed because I can usually sell it for more than I bought the BD for!
Old 04-11-2016, 02:47 PM   #107

Jul 2009

I'm a cheap bastard, so yes - I love them!
Old 04-11-2016, 04:17 PM   #108
Banned

Mar 2014

No, because they might be scratched to fu***ry and have fingerprints on them etc.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:00 PM   #109

Dec 2015

Yes, 95% of my blu-rays are used. Buying new ones is stupid unless somehow they end up at a price that's cheaper than the used ones....
“They knead their own flesh into daily bread, and transmute their contrite hearts into basins of gruel."
Old 04-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #110

May 2014
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Hell yes. I've plugged a lot of holes in my collection for a few quid a go (just today I bought Cloverfield for £2). It's a lovely bonus when the UV copy hasn't been redeemed because I can usually sell it for more than I bought the BD for!
How can you find out if a code is valid without actually using it?
Old 04-24-2016, 04:23 PM   #111

Jun 2014

I usually try to buy them new, but if it's an out of print blu ray that is used in like new condition, I'll buy it. My latest one was the original my bloody valentine which is quite expensive. I got it used in near mint condition for 13 bucks on amazon. I couldn't pass it up.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:56 PM   #112
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2010

No, I don't like used BLurays.
I want to be the first that opens them!
Interests precede TRUTH
Old 04-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #113

Mar 2016
Adelaide
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck Horris View Post
Yes, 95% of my blu-rays are used. Buying new ones is stupid unless somehow they end up at a price that's cheaper than the used ones....
90% - 95% of my collection is second hand. Never had a problem with disks not working or being scratched at most ive had to replace a case.

Heres a few of my second hand Pick ups

I payed $40 (AUD) for the first 3 GoT seasons so thats $13.33 each (AUD)

I payed $15 (AUD) each for these

Last edited by BLaZooKa_Boi; 04-26-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:02 AM   #114

Jan 2016

I generally refrain from purchasing used blu rays.

The fact that most of the new ones often end up in one deal or another also helps.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:16 PM   #115
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008
Savannah GA

I love them! How can you go wrong for $3. apiece? I hit up all the pawn shops once a month. Every pawn shop is cool and lets me open up the cases and look at the disc. Ones that are scratched. I put back, but I rarely find them. Most are flawless.
Movies that need to go Blu. The Ref, Open Range, Life As A House, True Lies, Maximum Overdrive, Pool Hall Junkies, Brain Candy, Wildcats, Blue Juice, Magnificent Eleven, Fire In The Sky, Up In Smoke.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #116

Jan 2016

How can anyone complain after finding $100 box sets for as low as $10 .
I love hitting pawnshops for used BluRays , my last visit i got 8 for $10 .
Thanks given by:
nikita70 (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 04:38 AM   #117

May 2014
Florida

I hit the pawn shops all the time. I do buy new ones but not nearly as many as I buy used from pawn shops or thrift stores. Some I even get for $1 or $2.

Picked this up for $2. Mint discs, near mint case.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International