COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$7.98
Love Lab: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Old 04-25-2014, 10:50 PM   #421
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_k35 View Post
from the Digital Bits:

The Gerry Anderson-themed Andercon convention happens in London on 4/19-20, and according to official website Network will be showing HD remastered episodes of Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds,Captain Scarlet, and Joe 90, as well as Space: 1999 – Season Two and a documentary for the latter (possibly being created for the BD release) called Space: 1999 – Season 2: On Set, In Production. So perhaps this means Blu-ray releases of these properties are on the way, which would be especially good news in the case of the long-awaited Space: 1999 – Season Two. Watch for an official update during the convention.
This is getting ridiculous, no UFO?
Old 04-26-2014, 01:49 AM   #422
Power Member

Oct 2009
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex Robinson View Post
Actually, I read that as good news.

Many people assumed Season 2 had fallen completely off the radar. I'm encouraged by the fact that there remains an awareness that Season 2 fans are still waiting for the release.
Oh, there can be awareness, but whether or not that's considered actionable on and profitable is another story. I suspect a year from now, we will still be wondering if this is ever coming out. Then another year......

Basically, this isn't coming out.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:32 AM   #423
Special Member

Feb 2011
USA

I hope this comes out, to me Season 2 is not as good as Season 1 but it still needs to be released. It does have some good episodes.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #424

Jul 2011
Tampa FL area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich65 View Post
I hope this comes out, to me Season 2 is not as good as Season 1 but it still needs to be released. It does have some good episodes.
I love Space Warp.
Panasonic 60vt60
Pioneer EliteSC61- Pioneer Elite DV-59AVI
Pioneer Elite 05FD
Pioneer 51FD
2 OPPO83'S Two S-VHS vcr's
SVS SB12 NSD
Paradigm Studio 10 v.5's &490cc
Paradigm Signature 2's Acurus A200
Old 04-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #425
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I love Space Warp.
Not one of the smartest year 2 episodes, but it's good fun. Maya's creatures are usually pretty silly, but the episode is very fast-paced as she transforms from one creature into another. And it features an amazing scene involving the eagle hanger as she tries to steal an Eagle during one of her spells, leading to one of the most spectacular Eagle crashes of the series.

The Beta Cloud always cracks me up. The creature is sent to collect Moonbase Alpha's "life support system", as if it's some little device you can just take and put in a box and leave with. I'm pretty sure life support is pretty much embedded throughout the base, including temperature monitoring, air supply/pressure, air filtering, etc. - and wired directly into "computer" throughout. And what exactly are the aliens going to do with it when they get it? Do they have a compatible moonbase of their own that will work with Moonbase Alpha's system? Hilarious. But that episode is also very entertaining because it's practically non-stop action throughout the episode.

The Bringers of Wonder was always one of my favorites. There are definitely some very good episodes in year 2, and a few really bad ones. But even the worst ones have some things going for it. "The Rules of Luton is pretty dreadful, but has some nice moments with Maya and Koenig, even if their "Earth history" goes against the events mentioned in year 1.

Last edited by mar3o; 04-27-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #426
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Well I just read this yesterday over at Fanderson.org.uk regarding the year 2 blu-rays:

"I'm not sure how accurate the info is but the Space 1999 Catacombs website is now saying that Year 2 Blurays will be 2016 if we're lucky and definitely not until the end of 2015 at the very earliest"

"OK, at Andercon, the main man from Network was there and I took the opportunity to ask him about the release date in the Q&A after their panel.

Network wouldnt give an exact commitment but was well aware that there was a hunger for S2 and people were tired of lack of news etc. I get the impression the release will be as predicted by the Catacombs - 2015/2016. Certianly not this year."

This is from the Space:1999 Catacombs website (outstanding resource for fans by the way):

"In April 2014, Network stated that their release schedule was full until September-October 2014. Only after that date will a decision be made about releasing Year 2. If the decision is made in October, any release date is likely to be 12-18 months after that date."

So I guess that's that for this year. Too bad. Let's hope there will be an announcement at least.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #427
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009

I'm willing to wait.
X-Continuity
http://x-continuity.blogspot.com
Fixing the X-Men Cinematic Timeline/World!

The Evil Dead Saga Explained!
http://evildeadarmyofdarkness.blogspot.com
Old 06-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #428

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Well I just read this yesterday over at Fanderson.org.uk regarding the year 2 blu-rays:

"I'm not sure how accurate the info is but the Space 1999 Catacombs website is now saying that Year 2 Blurays will be 2016 if we're lucky and definitely not until the end of 2015 at the very earliest"

"OK, at Andercon, the main man from Network was there and I took the opportunity to ask him about the release date in the Q&A after their panel.

Network wouldnt give an exact commitment but was well aware that there was a hunger for S2 and people were tired of lack of news etc. I get the impression the release will be as predicted by the Catacombs - 2015/2016. Certianly not this year."

This is from the Space:1999 Catacombs website (outstanding resource for fans by the way):

"In April 2014, Network stated that their release schedule was full until September-October 2014. Only after that date will a decision be made about releasing Year 2. If the decision is made in October, any release date is likely to be 12-18 months after that date."

So I guess that's that for this year. Too bad. Let's hope there will be an announcement at least.
It's all probably very true. The companies that hold the rights for the UK and US aren't the most reputable. Because A&E don't know their ass from their elbow and cheap to boot their placing all the heavy weight on Network. Now in that company there's a guy who down right takes without paying for things to be used on their releases so I don't trust them either - if he the one who made the announcement. Still, it isn't fair that A&E is waiting like a vulture ready to pounce after Network forks out the money for completion. That is probably is also part of the reason for wait as well since Network might be having trouble with funds - strangely, their website is often offline for some reason?
One thing to remember is if we in North America (I say North America because A&E holds the right for the region) have to wait for Network to first release it since A&E won't pay for anything and is waiting for ready made masters paid by Network, then there may even be a further waiting period for them to be able to touch the masters or else have to legally pay for a portion of the masters.
Beside all that Year 2 isn't as popular in the UK as Year One and that is another reason Network is taking their time. When Year 2 was released on DVD way back it preformed lower than Year One.
When I worked as the consultant for the Jerry Anderson library for A&E years ago I first hand experienced all the bull so I very aware of all this. It's a shame but the history of SPACE in home video has been an unfortunate one filled with horrible decisions by companies who didn't really care or know the product. The length of time alone from the release of Year One to now clearly makes that clear. Although there were problems in restoring Year Two (mostly dealing with sound) it should not have taken this long. My contacts at Granada have given me info backing up what I state.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:15 AM   #429
Special Member

Oct 2009
Louisville, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniSol GR77 View Post
This is getting ridiculous, no UFO?
Well there is always this (if you have $264 lying around):

Old 06-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #430

Jul 2011
Tampa FL area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroville View Post

I have the dvd version of UFO. Never knew there was a BD.
Panasonic 60vt60
Pioneer EliteSC61- Pioneer Elite DV-59AVI
Pioneer Elite 05FD
Pioneer 51FD
2 OPPO83'S Two S-VHS vcr's
SVS SB12 NSD
Paradigm Studio 10 v.5's &490cc
Paradigm Signature 2's Acurus A200
Old 06-16-2014, 02:23 AM   #431

Sep 2010
Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroville View Post

I have this set and it's definitely worth 264$!
Picture quality is fantastic and the box looks great. If you're a fan of this show,buy it!
Blu-ray Wishlist: Shoot To Kill (1988),Pray For Death (1985),Showdown In Little Tokyo (1991),Danger: Diabolik (1968),Breakheart Pass (1975),Paint Your Wagon (1969),Beyond The Poseidon Adventure (1979),The Heroes Of Telemark (1965),Operation Daybreak (1975),Eyes Of A Stranger (1981),Silver Bullet (1985),Nightmares (1983),The Gate (1987),Pumpkinhead (1988),Invaders From Mars (1986),The Changeling (1980),Stephen King's It (1990),The Pit (1981),Vault Of Horror (1973).
Old 06-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #432

Mar 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dig View Post
Picture quality is fantastic and the box looks great. If you're a fan of this show,buy it!
That sure is a pretty box set.

I would assume that this has the original English audio and not dubbed into Japanese, right? I don't mind there being a dubbed track added but certainly do not want it to replace the original.

It seems that Japan is getting all the good stuff lately but is not English friendly.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #433
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009

Quote:
Transferred on 2K or more? Who knows... wow the set looks gorgeous.
X-Continuity
http://x-continuity.blogspot.com
Fixing the X-Men Cinematic Timeline/World!

The Evil Dead Saga Explained!
http://evildeadarmyofdarkness.blogspot.com
Old 06-17-2014, 02:49 AM   #434

Sep 2010
Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason108 View Post
That sure is a pretty box set.

I would assume that this has the original English audio and not dubbed into Japanese, right? I don't mind there being a dubbed track added but certainly do not want it to replace the original.

It seems that Japan is getting all the good stuff lately but is not English friendly.
This set has both the original english audio and the japanese dubbed track. This is remastered and looks stunning! I could post some screenshots later if anyone wants to see how it looks like.
Blu-ray Wishlist: Shoot To Kill (1988),Pray For Death (1985),Showdown In Little Tokyo (1991),Danger: Diabolik (1968),Breakheart Pass (1975),Paint Your Wagon (1969),Beyond The Poseidon Adventure (1979),The Heroes Of Telemark (1965),Operation Daybreak (1975),Eyes Of A Stranger (1981),Silver Bullet (1985),Nightmares (1983),The Gate (1987),Pumpkinhead (1988),Invaders From Mars (1986),The Changeling (1980),Stephen King's It (1990),The Pit (1981),Vault Of Horror (1973).
Thanks given by:
Monroville (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 05:13 AM   #435
Special Member

Oct 2009
Louisville, KY

Quote:
I could post some screenshots later if anyone wants to see how it looks like.
Yes please.

I just wish it wasn't close to $300 though. It seems most if not all of the TV series that are released in Japan are "arm and a leg" expensive (this is pretty much $40 a disc).
Old 06-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #436

Mar 2013
-

Screenshots are always welcome!

UFO would be nice to have. Yeah, I want Ultraman on blu ray too. The Japanese have it but well over $100 per box set; probably closer to $200 once shipping is added. That is 3 box sets of expensive. My brain says yes but my pocketbook says no.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
space 1999