Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
20 hrs ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
The King and I (Blu-ray)
$9.50
2 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
20 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
11 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Coming to America (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #2781

Feb 2011
Des Moines, Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jordanwalkert Send a message via Skype™ to jordanwalkert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
The Tourist is rightly regarded as a flop here but it took $210m in foreign ticket sales, and guess which territory provided the biggest slice of that haul? The one that's getting an Mi4K Blu-ray release.

*sigh* sad, but good point
Old 11-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #2782
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike View Post
Charlies angles full throttle was the first bluray ever struck and no sign of that, Soony

I've got the German edition, it's out there if people want it.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #2783

Nov 2010

Im using sharp 3D TV, when I played Amazing Spiderman 2, the AV mode in my tv is keep changing. What should I do
Old 12-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #2784
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Charlies angles full throttle was the first bluray ever struck and no sign of that, Soony
Quote:
I've got the Japanese.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 12-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #2785
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Quote:
Want it, is such a strong choice of words
Old 12-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #2786
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Want it, is such a strong choice of words
Well I wanted it, so I bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylergfoster View Post
I've got the Japanese.
I believe it's the exact same edition as ze German one, though the latter is probably a damned sight cheaper. Has your one got the same specs as seen here?
Old 12-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #2787
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by adex View Post
Im using sharp 3D TV, when I played Amazing Spiderman 2, the AV mode in my tv is keep changing. What should I do
I'm not sure what to say apart from when the movie plays because of the Expanded Color™ content the information bar on your TV should highlight the change when you between the movie and the menus. But that would only be on TVs that feature that function.

If it's changing the channel or input settings then something funky is going wrong with the HDMI handshake.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 12-13-2014, 01:40 AM   #2788
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
I believe it's the exact same edition as ze German one, though the latter is probably a damned sight cheaper. Has your one got the same specs as seen here?
Yeah, they're the same.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 12-16-2014, 05:38 AM   #2789

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I'm not sure what to say apart from when the movie plays because of the Expanded Color™ content the information bar on your TV should highlight the change when you between the movie and the menus. But that would only be on TVs that feature that function.

If it's changing the channel or input settings then something funky is going wrong with the HDMI handshake.

Should I change the Cable?
Old 12-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #2790

Nov 2012

Not sure if this has been posted but I've seen an in store add regarding 4k Sony TVs in witch if you buy it you get a free HDD containing 5 4K movies of your choice(there are 10 in total):Total Recall, Ghostbusters, Premium Rush, Salt, Amazing Spider-man1&2, The Patriot, Captain Philips, Moneyball and Battle LA.
Here's the UK site for the promotion.
Most of these have had mastered in 4k releases, and Salt and Premium Rush don't really need them, but The Patriot would greatly benefit from a it.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #2791
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
UK

The Patriot is one that has been said to have been 4K scanned, whether that's the Theatrical Cut or the Extended Cut, is unknown.

A few more titles have been released in Japan under the 'Mastered in 4K' branding, LoA, The Tourist and a few others that I have forgotten, so I hope The Patriot gets a release too.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #2792
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Heh. "4K Privilege Pack" indeed. **** you very much Sony for keeping everyone else who's bought a Sony 4K TV in the last 18 months out of the loop.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #2793
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010

Quote:
Heh. "4K Privilege Pack" indeed. **** you very much Sony for keeping everyone else who's bought a Sony 4K TV in the last 18 months out of the loop.
In US when you but Sony 4k you seem to have over 100 (200?) 4k movies to choose from with their 4k internet service but all countries outside US seems capped. From what I've read this is the most complete library of 4k movies but sadly only from Sony then offcourse.

You don't need these (4k mastered) blu-rays if you already own a newer sony 4k device and can get that service since they aren't as good or am I wrong?
Old 12-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #2794
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan View Post
In US when you but Sony 4k you seem to have over 100 (200?) 4k movies to choose from with their 4k internet service but all countries outside US seems capped. From what I've read this is the most complete library of 4k movies but sadly only from Sony then offcourse.

You don't need these (4k mastered) blu-rays if you already own a newer sony 4k device and can get that service since they aren't as good or am I wrong?
Yeah, sorry, I should've said "in the UK" when moaning about Sony's lack of 4K content and their current 'movies on a hard drive' offer which spits in the face of 4K early adopters. The 4K Unlimited service has been available in the US since the beginning, but every other country was shit out of luck because Sony never bothered to release it elsewhere.

As for the Mi4K Blu-rays: they're 1080p Blu-rays, end of story.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America