Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
20 hrs ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
The King and I (Blu-ray)
$9.50
2 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
20 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
11 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Coming to America (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 08-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #201
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Okay, this person isn't really worth more of our time. Moving on...
Old 08-11-2013, 01:55 AM   #202
Special Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Okay, this person isn't really worth more of our time. Moving on...
The one imperfection I wish I could change is the squid. I wish they chose to use a CG one instead of a real one. It always hurts me to see real animals in movies being hurt. That is the single negative thing I have to say about it.

Oh man...
[Show spoiler]I think my favorite line is when.. uh... dangit, I forget his name! The guy who imprisons Oh Dae-su. When he says "You're asking the wrong questions. You shouldn't be asking, 'Why was I imprisoned', you should be asking yourself, 'Why was I released?'"

Or something like that. Amazing line. My favorite of the whole film. Such a powerful movie in all respects. And that line... my goodness, that line <3 It's too bad they seemed to have ruined it in the remake
Old 08-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #203
Special Member

Mar 2011

actually i did like that one line about the pain coming back after you have gotten your revenge.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #204
Expert Member

May 2008
IL

Watched this for the first time yesterday. I was very underwhelmed. I think the people that I know that have seen it built it up to much. And the ending, that they said you would not see coming, I totally saw it coming from
[Show spoiler]the moment he met Mi-Do
. I didn't hate the movie by any means, just felt it was a bit overrated.
View my Blu-Ray/DVD Collection here or here
Old 08-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #205
Special Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber8742 View Post
Watched this for the first time yesterday. I was very underwhelmed. I think the people that I know that have seen it built it up to much. And the ending, that they said you would not see coming, I totally saw it coming from
I do hate it when people claim, "You'll never see it coming!" for some movies... it distracts the viewers by making them focus on elements that do seem out of place that bring them to the conclusion, which usually makes them think it's a predictable mess or something. I think you should try the movie again, now that you have your expectations flattened

I really hate that, though Ugh. Makes me sad. I try not to talk about twists too much, and certainly never say something like "You'll never see it coming!" because once you say that, they will see it coming from a mile away
Old 08-11-2013, 02:52 AM   #206
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber8742 View Post
Have you seen I SAW THE DEVIL (also Korean. Also same actor).
I actually like it a little better than Oldboy.
If ya haven't seen it, give it a shot. Its a great "cat & mouse" style revenge flick... lots of one-up-ing each other. Like a real life Tom and Jerry episode!
Old 11-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #207
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Well, it's here! Spike Lee's remake is out in theaters!
Is it worth making fun of, or should we just make fun of it? If we aren't making fun of it, should we make fun of it?
Old 12-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #208
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dartmouth, NS, Canada

Should we see it before making fun of it or just do it anyway?

Who knows. It might actually be pretty good.
PSN ID = Glenn-BoB
My DVD / Blu-ray Collection
go BLU or stay home
Old 09-25-2014, 03:46 AM   #209
Special Member

May 2011
Boulder City, Nevada

Saw this in 2004 in one of Vegas's theaters and loved it, who thinks this is the best non-superhero comic book movie of the last decade? i do and i read the manga which is quite good.

The PQ on the BD is fantastic and the sound too with quality extras.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #210
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Not sure what this might mean for a possible US re-re-release, but I saw this posted on Plain Archive's website. Looks like they are quoting Variety.com:

Korean director Park Chan-wook (“Stoker”) will release a new Blu-ray edition of the digitally remastered version of his 2003 cult film, “Oldboy.” The digitally remastered “Oldboy” was re-released last year to celebrate its 10th anniversary, the Blu-ray will be released in March. The new Blu-ray edition, to be produced by Plain Archive, will include a documentary featuring interviews with actors Choi Min-sik, Yoo Ji-tae and Yoo Yeon-seok who is enjoying a surge in popularity in Korea.Interviews with crew and industry professionals discussing “Oldboy’s” achievements in the last 10 years will also be included, says Baek Jun-O, CEO of Plain Archive. Shooting for the documentary has begun at the Busan Intl. Film Festival. The Blu-ray edition will also include a picture book of stills from the film’s shoot.

http://plainarchive.com/blogs/news/1...ootage-at-fest

I, especially, like the "produced by PA" part.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (10-19-2014), DaveyJoe (10-19-2014), flyry (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #211

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Not sure what this might mean for a possible US re-re-release, but I saw this posted on Plain Archive's website. Looks like they are quoting Variety.com:

Korean director Park Chan-wook (“Stoker”) will release a new Blu-ray edition of the digitally remastered version of his 2003 cult film, “Oldboy.” The digitally remastered “Oldboy” was re-released last year to celebrate its 10th anniversary, the Blu-ray will be released in March. The new Blu-ray edition, to be produced by Plain Archive, will include a documentary featuring interviews with actors Choi Min-sik, Yoo Ji-tae and Yoo Yeon-seok who is enjoying a surge in popularity in Korea.Interviews with crew and industry professionals discussing “Oldboy’s” achievements in the last 10 years will also be included, says Baek Jun-O, CEO of Plain Archive. Shooting for the documentary has begun at the Busan Intl. Film Festival. The Blu-ray edition will also include a picture book of stills from the film’s shoot.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #212
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post

Great news, but I think I'll stick with my 10th anniversary blu unless the transfer is near flawless.
Last Bought: True Blood: Season 7 Future Purchases: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Game of Thrones: Season 4, Gone Girl, Girls: Season 3, Shameless: Season 4, Hannibal: Season 2.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #213

May 2009

I'll probably get it regardless but I'd love it if they gave the new extra features subtitles (which they usually don't). Tartan just released their 10th Anniversary edition so IDK when/if they'd release another so soon. (Their 'A Tale of Two Sisters' release is now a year late and I haven't seen any plans for its release).

I mean they're clearly anticipating an international audience for this so why leave them out?
Old 10-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #214
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
I'll probably get it regardless but I'd love it if they gave the new extra features subtitles (which they usually don't). Tartan just released their 10th Anniversary edition so IDK when/if they'd release another so soon. (Their 'A Tale of Two Sisters' release is now a year late and I haven't seen any plans for its release).
I wish someone else got the rights to these two movies.
Last Bought: True Blood: Season 7 Future Purchases: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Game of Thrones: Season 4, Gone Girl, Girls: Season 3, Shameless: Season 4, Hannibal: Season 2.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #215

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluProofie View Post
I wish someone else got the rights to these two movies.
It is frustrating but at the same time look at the other US releases for Park's Korean films; JSA, Thirst, I'm a Cyborg. No features, standard DVDs, etc. Thirst didn't even have the option of turning off the subtitles. And that they released A Tale of Two Sisters in a two-disc DVD set packed with features is more than anyone else would have probably done.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America