Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$92.19
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Manhunter (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective / Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (Blu-ray)
$9.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$25.87
Gamera HD Bundle Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
A Certain Magical Index II: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$43.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 09-15-2014, 12:36 AM   #861
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
It's because the exclusives share the same DCPI number as the regular editions, so if they have the amaray in stock, it will also show the steelbook as in-stock. It's always been a major problem with Target exclusives of all kinds. Most people even receive the amaray versions when they order the exclusive online.

Unfortunately the only way to be sure they have something in stock is to go look for yourself.
Not at my store. They refuse to price match any of their exclusives. Yes one of the reasons they suck. To lazy like most companies to change a simple number to make it easier on the employees and customers when trying to locate a copy.

Last edited by Sons Of Sparda; 09-15-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:08 AM   #862

May 2014
Thumbs up

Quote:
It's because the exclusives share the same DCPI number as the regular editions, so if they have the amaray in stock, it will also show the steelbook as in-stock. It's always been a major problem with Target exclusives of all kinds. Most people even receive the amaray versions when they order the exclusive online.

Unfortunately the only way to be sure they have something in stock is to go look for yourself.

I actually don't want them to ever change this because it makes it way easier to PM another stores regular edition sale price for the Target exclusive, since as far as the system is concered, they're the same item.
I agree. I always price match the exclusives at Target. Just depends on the CS rep but they will do since they dont want any trouble.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:48 AM   #863

Sep 2013
Miami

Target by my house had about 3 Django unchained steel books left yesterday.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #864
Expert Member

Oct 2012
Northern California

It was interesting the feeding frenzy hype when this was originally released and now it's turned into "the steelbook Target can't get rid of". I often check the shrinking BD section of the Targets near me and they always seem to have a copy or two of the Django steelbook laying around.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #865
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
It was interesting the feeding frenzy hype when this was originally released and now it's turned into "the steelbook Target can't get rid of". I often check the shrinking BD section of the Targets near me and they always seem to have a copy or two of the Django steelbook laying around.
It was never rare. People believed that it was.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #866
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

At the stores in my area the "Exclusive Target can't get rid of" torch has been passed to the Ender's Game steelbook. Each of the three stores in my area have 4-5 out and probably more in the back.
MY ONLY WANT: Blufans Let The Bullets Fly steelbook!
Have for trade: Blufans SB: Pacific Rim, Wall-E Lenti or reg. slip, Up Lenti slip Kimchi SB: X-Men: DoFP Lenti, Rush Lenti, Pianist Lenti, Memento Lenti or Full Slip Zaavi SB: V for Vendetta, Indy steels, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2 Others: Halloween 15-disc set, TWD S2 Zombie Head, SDCC Alien Anthology Egg set, SF Pumpkinhead w/mint slip, more.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #867
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-125

Quote:
At the stores in my area the "Exclusive Target can't get rid of" torch has been passed to the Ender's Game steelbook. Each of the three stores in my area have 4-5 out and probably more in the back.
And to think, i raced across Lake Champlain to get to the only Target within 150 miles of me for the Django exclusive. I could've relaxed about it for a year and took my time.It sucks because, you never know whats going to sell out fast besides the obvious ones,(Marvel,Disney, etc.)
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x
For Trade:Captain America TWS Bestbuy excl steelbook/sealed PM if interested

Old 09-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #868
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian9229 View Post
And to think, i raced across Lake Champlain to get to the only Target within 150 miles of me for the Django exclusive. I could've relaxed about it for a year and took my time.It sucks because, you never know whats going to sell out fast besides the obvious ones,(Marvel,Disney, etc.)
Yeah, those are safe bets to usually sell out fast, but I have two stores near me with a couple of the Thor TDW Loki slips still on the shelves.
MY ONLY WANT: Blufans Let The Bullets Fly steelbook!
Have for trade: Blufans SB: Pacific Rim, Wall-E Lenti or reg. slip, Up Lenti slip Kimchi SB: X-Men: DoFP Lenti, Rush Lenti, Pianist Lenti, Memento Lenti or Full Slip Zaavi SB: V for Vendetta, Indy steels, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2 Others: Halloween 15-disc set, TWD S2 Zombie Head, SDCC Alien Anthology Egg set, SF Pumpkinhead w/mint slip, more.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #869

Sep 2013
Miami

Quote:
Store by me has the same problem. I even saw a wolf of Wall Street yellow steel there last time I went
Old 09-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #870

Aug 2014

I'm still looking for the Elysium steelbook to make a re-appearance at my store.
Blufans VIP
Old 09-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #871

Mar 2014

If anyone that still has one at there target could get me one, I'd greatly appreciate it and would pay the price for it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks