COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Endeavour: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.69
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Full Monty (Blu-ray)
$16.18
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Revolution: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$17.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
The Last Unicorn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Snow White and the Huntsman (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hercules (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #101

Oct 2009

I'm laughing about price matching. It is a scam , who is gonna pay $39.99 for a 3D bd? I wouldn't and I'm guessing you wouldn't either.. too much money for what it is!

And let me tell you I got this 3D TV thing and usually enjoy way more the 2D not because of the content available but the whole wearing glasses in the house sometimes feels uncomfortable usually 70% of the time , it gets to me lol.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #102

Feb 2008
Idaho

How do i switch between the 2d version of the film to the 3d version. I couldnt find that option?
Byron Hayes
Old 03-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #103

Dec 2010
Default english subtitle?

this film came out in England today.

Does this film have English subtitle?

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #104

Apr 2011

Well watched this tonight. What a horried experience this was .. and not in a good way. The colour made it look like I was watching an old anaglyph 3D movie it was so washed out. The lighting was so poor that there was obtrusive reflections all over the place .. even from hair! that ruined the overall 3D effect. Not recommended at all. I really do wonder where some of these reviewers give such rave reviews .. brown envelopes me thinks!
LG 42LW550T, Panny DMP-BDT310, Onkyo TX-SR507, Energy Take Connoisseur Classic
Old 05-31-2011, 05:31 PM   #105

Feb 2008
Pensacola, FL

Saw 3D was awesome on my ps3 slim it loaded fine no hangups so the initial problems from the first batch is solved. As for the colors and ghosting i didn't see what all the fuss is about it looked great to me no ghosting whatsoever on my Panny. Overall one of the best 3d home experiences imo.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #106
Expert Member

Apr 2009
Mexico

why the 3D Version it is not currently offered by Amazon ???
Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #107
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Billings, MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelsalguero View Post
why the 3D Version it is not currently offered by Amazon ???
I'm curious about this as well. Did it go OOP?
Member formerly known as ed4246.

"That A$$ is a higher truth." - Adventureland.

Panasonic TH58PZ750 Plasma TV
Panasonic DMPBD30K BR Player
Integra DTR-7.8 reciever
Def Tech Bipolar BP7006, Procenter 2000, Supercube 3 with surround speakers
Old 01-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #108
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerik View Post
Well watched this tonight. What a horried experience this was .. and not in a good way. The colour made it look like I was watching an old anaglyph 3D movie it was so washed out. The lighting was so poor that there was obtrusive reflections all over the place .. even from hair! that ruined the overall 3D effect. Not recommended at all. I really do wonder where some of these reviewers give such rave reviews .. brown envelopes me thinks!
agree SAW 3D sucked. It was a movie only going for depth. Not the right way at all to go for a movie like SAW. The only thing that was cool in 3D was the opening credits and the 3 sharp objects coming towards the womans eyes and mouth and out throw the screen when we see them close up coming towards her.

But other then that there was NO REAL pop outs at all. The whole deal with 3D is having objects flying against you. If you want a movie that only goes for depth get this one but if you are enjoying pop outs like i guess most is really about when it comes to 3D you should avoid this at all costs.

Not to mention the movie is also a load of crap.

Also there is also some ghosting in this a handful of times. And some of the scenes i counted 3 of those where really bad ghosting. This and My Bloody Valentine has the worst ghosting i have seen on a 3D movie.
But who cares when the movie is so bad. At least MBV is a really good movie. But this last instalment of SAW is a poor excuse of an end. They should have ended after JigSAW died in part 3.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #109
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
agree SAW 3D sucked. It was a movie only going for depth. Not the right way at all to go for a movie like SAW. The only thing that was cool in 3D was the opening credits and the 3 sharp objects coming towards the womans eyes and mouth and out throw the screen when we see them close up coming towards her.

But other then that there was NO REAL pop outs at all. The whole deal with 3D is having objects flying against you. If you want a movie that only goes for depth get this one but if you are enjoying pop outs like i guess most is really about when it comes to 3D you should avoid this at all costs.

Not to mention the movie is also a load of crap.

Also there is also some ghosting in this a handful of times. And some of the scenes i counted 3 of those where really bad ghosting. This and My Bloody Valentine has the worst ghosting i have seen on a 3D movie.
But who cares when the movie is so bad. At least MBV is a really good movie. But this last instalment of SAW is a poor excuse of an end. They should have ended after JigSAW died in part 3.
I'm pretty sure ghosting is more a problem with your hardware than the movie.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #110
Expert Member

Jul 2009
Virginia Beach

Picked this one up dirt cheap today.

I had gotten the 2d blu-ray at Blockbuster's liquidation sale for $1.99. Just took it to a secondhand store because they had the 3D version. They gave me 5 bucks for the 2D version and charge $12.99 for the 3D blu ray. So I paid 7.99 (plus the 2 dollar original investment) and picked up the 3D version for a total of $9.98. And a year-long guarantee from the second hand store. Good stuff.
Sharp LC60LE835U 60" LED 3D TV with 7.1 Surround
Playstation 3 slim
Sony STR-DH820
Polk Audio 75t (Fronts)
Polk Audio Monitor70 series II (Right and Left surround)
Polk Audio CS20
Sony HZ970W (HTIB) fronts used as rears
Power Sound Audio XV-30
Old 08-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #111

Jan 2012
Mississippi

Been a long time since anyone posted here

I finally picked this up, I went to see it at the cinema, so I wasn't in any rush. But, being new to 3D TV, I picked up several $20 3D BDS from Best Buy.

I've watched them all, and I liked them all. Saw 3D did have some great depth to it, and I did feel it enhanced some of the scenes. There was something weird looking though, with a "shining" effect on some things... is that just from photography? Anyone else noticed that? Can I just expect that from some 3D BDs?
I'm willing to purchase/trade for Camera Obscura releases I do not own. Please PM me! :)
Old 08-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #112
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0MBI3 View Post
Been a long time since anyone posted here

I finally picked this up, I went to see it at the cinema, so I wasn't in any rush. But, being new to 3D TV, I picked up several $20 3D BDS from Best Buy.

I've watched them all, and I liked them all. Saw 3D did have some great depth to it, and I did feel it enhanced some of the scenes. There was something weird looking though, with a "shining" effect on some things... is that just from photography? Anyone else noticed that? Can I just expect that from some 3D BDs?
If we're both talking about those moments where you're looking at the persons eyeballs and the eyes both have different reflections because of the different angles, as one example, then yes, I've seen what you're referring to. I think it's likely based on the fact that when the film dual camera rig is farther apart to get stronger 3D, they're receiving light from two different angles, so one might end up with lens flare, while the other won't.

See My Bloody Valentine for examples of this in the opening tunnels.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:33 AM   #113

Jan 2012
Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
If we're both talking about those moments where you're looking at the persons eyeballs and the eyes both have different reflections because of the different angles, as one example, then yes, I've seen what you're referring to. I think it's likely based on the fact that when the film dual camera rig is farther apart to get stronger 3D, they're receiving light from two different angles, so one might end up with lens flare, while the other won't.

See My Bloody Valentine for examples of this in the opening tunnels.
Ah, alright. It was the only one I noticed that with. Hugo was live action, so was Final Destination, and I didn't notice it at all with those. Thanks for your reply, and MBV3D is on the way Who could pass up $15?
I'm willing to purchase/trade for Camera Obscura releases I do not own. Please PM me! :)
Old 10-20-2012, 04:35 AM   #114
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0MBI3 View Post
Ah, alright. It was the only one I noticed that with. Hugo was live action, so was Final Destination, and I didn't notice it at all with those. Thanks for your reply, and MBV3D is on the way Who could pass up $15?
Cool. Good deal on MBV3D.

Saw 3D is still 20 bucks at best buy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies