COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Endeavour: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.69
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Full Monty (Blu-ray)
$16.18
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Revolution: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$17.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
The Last Unicorn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Snow White and the Huntsman (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hercules (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 05-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #1181
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
^ I suppose. For someone who is a casual collector or has limited funds, the current price point ($45ish) might not be realistic anyway. He or she can be patient, diligent, and maybe grab one for less later on down the road...or, maybe not.
There's always a chance.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #1182
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
DFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
The value of it isn't about the extras or even the re-watch value. It's about the limited SteelBook. As BRGF mentioned, it was sold out online before release day, and it sold out in many locations on release day. Add to that the fact that, up until this point, it truly is an exclusive to one store in one country. No other retailer has had this exact SteelBook, which is rare these days. Those things make it potentially more valuable than most. People who pay higher prices for SteelBooks are doing so as collectors, not as an average consumer who is taking into account the things you mentioned. Many of them will never even open it.

Is it guaranteed that the price will continue to go up? Nope. But if the value does change, all indications point to an increase in value, not a decrease. There are several things that can change that, but if someone really wants to get this release, based off currently available information they're much better off getting it now than waiting.
Well the movie hasn't released in certain countries yet, so there's still a possibility.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #1183
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Unless Best Buy throws a bunch of these back on the market, or they lose exclusivity and some other retailer does the same thing, the price is only going to go up.
I don't see how waiting around as even more copies get scooped up, and it becomes even harder to find, will drive the price down?

Look no further than Iron Man FS steelbook.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #1184
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Connecticut

All I was saying, is that I've seen it go from $60 to around $45 in the last few weeks, with a few opportunities <$40. As to the future....who knows?
Old 05-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #1185
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWayne View Post
Well the movie hasn't released in certain countries yet, so there's still a possibility.
Which is why I said up until this point, and that many things could impact the value.

But since those are unknowns right now, someone who really wants this particular SteelBook can't count on them. Right now, there's no indication of other exact SteelBooks that are coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Unless Best Buy throws a bunch of these back on the market, or they lose exclusivity and some other retailer does the same thing, the price is only going to go up.
I don't see how waiting around as even more copies get scooped up, and it becomes even harder to find, will drive the price down?

Look no further than Iron Man FS steelbook.
Exactly.

Quote:
All I was saying, is that I've seen it go from $60 to around $45 in the last few weeks, with a few opportunities <$40. As to the future....who knows?
That's not uncommon in the months directly following a limited release like this. The price always fluctuates at first, then things start to level out later on. Like you said, who knows what the future will hold, but all indications are that if the value changes on this one, it will go up, not down.

Last edited by bsweetness; 05-18-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #1186

Mar 2013

Quote:
There is a deluxe version coming out with lots of extras.
Really? I had not heard that, now I'm glad I havent bought the current release yet. Any idea what the release date is?
Old 05-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #1187
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Guy Eddie View Post
Really? I had not heard that, now I'm glad I havent bought the current release yet. Any idea what the release date is?
At this point it's still rumored. Nothing has been officially announced.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks