Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Blade Runner (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
The Book Thief (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Home (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mrs. Doubtfire (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.98
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 04-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #3261
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriterionBlues View Post
This week I sent in my 25 films. It was tempting to go with the Buster Keaton releases, but I may eventually get that box.
It might be worth holding off on Kino's Keaton releases for now. Cohen and the Cineteca Di Bologna will be restoring all of Buster Keaton's silent films. Cohen have already restored The General in 4K.
Thanks given by:
CriterionBlues (04-30-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 05:17 PM   #3262
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption Films
Jess Franco's fabulous Erotic Rites of Frankenstein comes to Redemption Blu-ray - remastered from the original negative and with an exclusive audio commentary by Tim Lucas. More on www.salvation-films.com

https://www.facebook.com/11734573038...e=1&permPage=1
Thanks given by:
drat (04-24-2015), Undeadcow (04-24-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 06:51 AM   #3263
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Furmanek
This restored horror classic will be on 3-D Blu-ray from Kino by the end of 2015...

[Show spoiler]
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi...nes/?p=4237406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Furmanek
Yes, we will include the 3-D footage in both anaglyph and HD 3-D.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi...nes/?p=4237719
Thanks given by:
Jobla (04-30-2015), Undeadcow (04-30-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 01:08 PM   #3264
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Whoa! That's one I've always wanted to see (in 3-D) ever since it graced the cover of Incredibly Strange Movies (the book that introduced me to 'cult'/z-grade cinema at an impressionable age).
Old 04-30-2015, 01:50 PM   #3265

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Whoa! That's one I've always wanted to see (in 3-D) ever since it graced the cover of Incredibly Strange Movies (the book that introduced me to 'cult'/z-grade cinema at an impressionable age).
Saw this in 3D at initial theatrical release. Spectacular depth and pop-outs, but definitely not for the squeamish.

** Whoops! I got confused. It was FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN that I saw in 3D, not the Jess Franco film, though they do have their similarities.
-- Dan Shane --

Last edited by Dan_Shane; 04-30-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:52 PM   #3266

Mar 2014
Toronto, Canada

The way the threads are set up on here for KINO have me very confused. What is the difference between KINO classics and KINO international? Why are there two separate threads with overlapping titles? Are the smaller series like redemption, jezebel etc still a thing? (do they still release under those?)

How about KINO lorber titles? It seems like all their recent announcements have been classic hollywood stuff under the KINO classics label, but are they still releasing the world cinema stuff like the tarkovsky and wong kar wai?
Old 06-03-2015, 05:39 PM   #3267
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Kino Classics are titles they are licensing from the MGM /United Artists / Orion catalogs.

Kino International is their main label.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 06-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #3268
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladinsane View Post
The way the threads are set up on here for KINO have me very confused. What is the difference between KINO classics and KINO international? Why are there two separate threads with overlapping titles? Are the smaller series like redemption, jezebel etc still a thing? (do they still release under those?)
Kino International is what the label's imprint was called originally, and it was a combination of foreign films, and classic American films. They merged with another company, Lorber, to become Kino Lorber. They spawned off a second imprint, called Lorber Films, while the original imprint changed from Kino International to Kino Classics. While there was some crossover, Kino Classics issued mostly classic films (American and foreign) while Lorber Films (eventually renamed Kino Lorber -- yes, it's confusing) primarily issued more recent foreign films.

The Kino Lorber Studio Classics imprint was started a year ago when they signed a deal to license a boatload of catalog titles owned by MGM. Because the KLSC imprint is a rather specific line of titles, it has a separate thread.

There are other Kino-related imprints, either ones owned by Kino, or just distributed by them. The most notable is Redemption Films, which focuses on European horror films.

So...as I said, Kino Lorber Studio Classics has its own thread, as does Redemption. Pretty much everything else Kino is discussed in this thread, though sometimes titles from the Kino Classics or Kino Lorber imprints are mentioned in the KLSC thread if it's thought they might be of interest to the readers of that thread, such as genre films.

Quote:
How about KINO lorber titles? It seems like all their recent announcements have been classic hollywood stuff under the KINO classics label, but are they still releasing the world cinema stuff like the tarkovsky and wong kar wai?
You're right in that it seems like the tail has been wagging the dog lately. The number of Kino Lorber Studio Classics title announcements has far outstripped the number of Kino Classics and Kino Lorber title announcements. But there are still titles coming out from those imprints.

Among the recent Kino Lorber releases are: Rivette's Le pont du nord, Godard's Goodbye to Language, Amirpour's A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night. Yesterday, they released Bruno Dumont's Li'l Quinquin, and later this month they'll release Aleksey German's Hard to Be a God.

Recent and upcoming releases in the Kino Classics line are Roger Vadim's Vice and Virtue, Mario Bava's Evil Eye, Robert Flaherty's Moana with Sound, and Lewis Milestone's 1931 version of The Front Page.
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.

List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Thanks given by:
Aladinsane (06-03-2015), belcherman (06-25-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #3269

Mar 2014
Toronto, Canada

Wow, great explanation for something that is unnecessarily confusing. Thank you.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:22 AM   #3270
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The Escapees Blu-ray REVIEW

I really like this film. Very atmospheric and unusually poetic. It has been pushed aside by fans of Rollin's more traditional Gothic/vampire films, but I think that it is very nice -- a mix of Varda's Vagabond and some of Brisseau's films (À l'aventure). The Night of the Hunted is a very good companion piece

Pro-B
Old 06-11-2015, 07:19 AM   #3271
Expert Member

May 2011
The Black Lodge

Good to see I'm not the only advocator of this one!

My copy arrived a few days ago but I haven't watched it as yet.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:27 PM   #3272
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Jess Franco's The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein Blu-ray Detailed

NEWS
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17051

Quote:
The Redemption label and Kino Lorber have detailed the upcoming Blu-ray release of cult director Jess Franco's The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein (1972), starring Alberto Dalbés, Dennis Price, Howard Vernon, Lina Romay, Beatriz Savón, and Britt Nichols. Mastered in HD from the original 35mm negative, the release will be available for purchase on July 28.

After the death of Victor Frankenstein (Dennis Price), two figures vie for control of his metallic-skinned monster (Fernando Bilbao) and the radical technology that created him: the scientist's daughter, Vera (Beatriz Savón), and the immortal wizard Cagliostro (Howard Vernon), who is assisted by a blind bird-woman with an unquenchable thirst for blood (Anne Libert).

With The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein, controversial filmmaker Jess Franco merges his fondness for old-school horror with his unique and perverse tastes in sex and violence, partly inspired by the garish adult European comics of the early 1970s.

Special features:

Audio Commentary by Tim Lucas
Original Theatrical Trailer

Technical specs:

French with optional English subtitles
Alternate English dubbed soundtrack
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors