Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
U2: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.49
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Dirty Grandpa (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Chinatown (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Now You See Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #861

Nov 2015
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomricci View Post
Yes only in France and in both flat and 3D its on Amazon France.
region free?
Old 03-31-2016, 12:04 AM   #862

Sep 2014
Brazil

Bought the canadian edition and it looks and sounds great. The extras were cool too.
''You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choo's, I saw it.'' - Emily Charlton

If anyone who lives or will come to Brazil is selling/trading The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 40th Anniversary Edition (any edition from any country, with english subtitles), please PM me
Old 03-31-2016, 03:41 AM   #863

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke B. View Post
Bought the canadian edition and it looks and sounds great. The extras were cool too.
I have the Canadian BD too (in addition to the U.S. BD). I like that the Canadian BD uses the full title card, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D, in the opening credits.
Thanks given by:
Luke B. (03-31-2016)
Old 03-31-2016, 07:00 PM   #864

Sep 2014
Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot79 View Post
I have the Canadian BD too (in addition to the U.S. BD). I like that the Canadian BD uses the full title card, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D, in the opening credits.
Yeah, when I watched I was like ''oh, why they used the full title instead of TC 3D?''
''You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choo's, I saw it.'' - Emily Charlton

If anyone who lives or will come to Brazil is selling/trading The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 40th Anniversary Edition (any edition from any country, with english subtitles), please PM me
Old 04-01-2016, 05:44 AM   #865

Sep 2014
USA

I actually went out of my way to get the Canadian edition just because of that 3 second title screen change, lol. What can I say? I need everything related to Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The unrated French disc is still my go to version to watch though. As minor as the changes are.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:05 AM   #866

Sep 2014
Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinya View Post
I actually went out of my way to get the Canadian edition just because of that 3 second title screen change, lol. What can I say? I need everything related to Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The unrated French disc is still my go to version to watch though. As minor as the changes are.
TCM (original and remake) are two of my fave horror films ever.
Did you saw this guy's collection? Simply awesome! I was just waiting him to show the brazilian vhs or dvd, but I guess he doesn't own them haha

Old 04-02-2016, 07:58 AM   #867

Sep 2014
USA

Yes! I check that guy's YouTube page every now and again just to see what new stuff he has. Amazing collection. I have a decent collection, but nothing like him.

My favorite releases I have are nothing rare or anything, but I love the German Ultimate Edition blu-ray set with the older transfer and the original Media Home Entertainment VHS from the 80's. The Media VHS is still my favorite all time TCM artwork ever. Have two copies of it in fact and am tempted to buy a third, lol. One still has the original shrinkwrap.
Thanks given by:
Luke B. (04-22-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 04:14 AM   #868

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200 Motels View Post
Has anyone noticed a red hue around the 4 corners of the film when watching Texas Chainsaw in 2d? On my Vizio TV I am getting terrible red hues in all 4 corners while watching. This is ruining the movie for me. Instead of darkness it looks like a red alien cloud is in the corner. It is in almost every scene.

Looks like a white balance error during original photography. More likely that than an intended red cast; seems to lend the whole frame a vaguely reddish tint, but it's definitely more noticeable in the corners during some nighttime scenes...

Also evident during the 3D version...and for both L/R eye frames. Unfortunate, though not as distracting as I feared.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:25 AM   #869
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOuttaBubbleGum View Post
Looks like a white balance error during original photography. More likely that than an intended red cast; seems to lend the whole frame a vaguely reddish tint, but it's definitely more noticeable in the corners during some nighttime scenes...

Also evident during the 3D version...and for both L/R eye frames. Unfortunate, though not as distracting as I feared.
I'm assuming you're watching on an edge lit LED tv? This sounds like an issue with the tv more than with the film itself. If the picture was evenly lit the reddish hue wouldn't be evident as everything would be lit evenly. Full Array Displays, Plasma, and OLED's won't have this issue.
Wanted To Buy:
-Disney's The Rescuer's Double Feature Slip Cover -$10 Shipped
-Disney's The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Slip Cover - $10 Shipped

Recommend a Modern, Independent Horror Film Thread
My 2016 Watched Movies Thread
My 2016 Purchases Thread
Old 04-21-2016, 04:26 AM   #870
Power Member

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Hmmm...i've seen my local FYE selling two used copies of the Canadian release.

Perhaps after I get the Uncut French blu-ray (alongside the French release of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning"), I should also get the Canadian copy and do a very minor fan edit combining the full title from the Canadian disc AND the uncensored footage from the French disc.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:50 PM   #871

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
I'm assuming you're watching on an edge lit LED tv? This sounds like an issue with the tv more than with the film itself. If the picture was evenly lit the reddish hue wouldn't be evident as everything would be lit evenly. Full Array Displays, Plasma, and OLED's won't have this issue.

Back-lit, actually. I'm sure this issue--unique to this film among the many I've seen on my display--would also show on Plasma, OLED, edge-lit. Check the disc, with specific regard to nighttime sequences; the problem is inconsistent, so you may need to surf around a bit.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:20 AM   #872
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOuttaBubbleGum View Post
Back-lit, actually. I'm sure this issue--unique to this film among the many I've seen on my display--would also show on Plasma, OLED, edge-lit. Check the disc, with specific regard to nighttime sequences; the problem is inconsistent, so you may need to surf around a bit.
Interesting... I'll have to look for myself. Based on your description it sounded like an Edge lit problem that was being exacerbated by a funky lighting choice on the disc itself. I've only ever watched the film in 3D so my attention was always on everything else in the image...
Wanted To Buy:
-Disney's The Rescuer's Double Feature Slip Cover -$10 Shipped
-Disney's The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Slip Cover - $10 Shipped

Recommend a Modern, Independent Horror Film Thread
My 2016 Watched Movies Thread
My 2016 Purchases Thread
Old 04-23-2016, 10:01 PM   #873

Jun 2013

Quote:
Interesting... I'll have to look for myself. Based on your description it sounded like an Edge lit problem that was being exacerbated by a funky lighting choice on the disc itself. I've only ever watched the film in 3D so my attention was always on everything else in the image...

If another poster hadn't pointed it out, I never would've detected it; pretty subtle. In those scenes where there's a slight, reddish cast to the image, you'll probably be able to see an unnatural roll-off in color--a kind of purplish stain--from the corners.

Since it didn't look like intentional grading, the only other thing I could come up with was, maybe, a mishap in filming, as with a white-balance flub that can sometimes produce unintended coloration with the wrong setting for a given light source.

It'd be cool if a lurking DP on the board could weigh in on this.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:34 AM   #874

Apr 2013

Quote:
Interesting... I'll have to look for myself. Based on your description it sounded like an Edge lit problem that was being exacerbated by a funky lighting choice on the disc itself.
It's not an edge-lit only problem, all LCD-TV's have uneven backlight, just more or less. Look at some of the CCFL-backlit LCD's with their corner-flashlight problems.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America