Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.87

The Death of Superman (Blu-ray)
$17.96
14 hrs ago
Hell Night (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$139.99

The Tree of Life (Blu-ray)
$22.00

Mission: Impossible III 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

I Kill Giants (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Rabid (Blu-ray)
$14.99
11 hrs ago
A Bad Moms Christmas (Blu-ray)
$9.59

Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Old 09-09-2010, 05:32 AM   #61
Banned

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredomHD View Post
It has nothing to do with what it looks like or does. Blu-ray is just becoming popular and the majority of people haven't even started to use it, but for everyone who has invested in a blu-ray player and an HDTV in the past four years will already have to replace their equipment. Sorry, but I'm not going to go through this time after time, just to see something better come out so quickly. Blu-ray should have the time to succeed like DVD and VHS have. Ordinary blu-ray players dying out in 4-5 years is a sure way to get customers to hesitate to buy any 3D equipment, etc. 3D is going to take 3x as much time as Blu-ray to become relatively popular.
3-D failed before and will fail again. I don't care how much it has improved since, but I can tell you right now with this economy and people who has just been asked to upgrade to Blu-Ray in the last couple of years, 3-D will sink faster than the Titanic.....And who the hell would want to be wearing glasses at their living room all the time just to watch 3D on tv? That will grow old pretty fast....
Old 09-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #62
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by doramider7 View Post
3-D failed before and will fail again. I don't care how much it has improved since, but I can tell you right now with this economy and people who has just been asked to upgrade to Blu-Ray in the last couple of years, 3-D will sink faster than the Titanic.....And who the hell would want to be wearing glasses at their living room all the time just to watch 3D on tv? That will grow old pretty fast....
I dont mind. After I start watching a movie. I pretty much forget I am wearing the glasses.
This is my signature
Old 12-01-2010, 05:35 AM   #63

Feb 2010
Near Grand Rapids, Michigan.

The way I see it, I want to see if 3D truly IS the new step forward in television and movies. Granted many movies have 3D showings at the theaters, but in my opinion it hasn't become the new standard like HD has become. Until 3D either booms in popularity, or completely (if ever) takes over HDTV, I wouldn't bother with investing into it, if it'll die off within a matter of a year or so. Heck, blu-ray has only been around for 4 years and it is just now taking off as a movie format. So yes, I'm happy with my 2D HDTV and blu-ray player that I have now! Until 3D overtakes HDTV (again, if ever) I'll stick with what I have and be satisfied with it!
Blu Fan since February 2010!!!
Current number of Blu-rays: 18
Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #64

Aug 2010
Larnaca Cyprus

This might be a stupid question but I am looking at buying a samsung 3d tv can i use a panasonic 3d blu-ray player on it with out probs?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #65
Special Member

Sep 2007
Grants Pass, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollickd View Post
This might be a stupid question but I am looking at buying a samsung 3d tv can i use a panasonic 3d blu-ray player on it with out probs?
yes
Pioneer DBP-95FD Blu-ray
Pioneer VSX-94TXH Receiver
Pioneer CLD-D703 Laserdisc player
Sony 40V3000 TV
PS3 80 GB
Old 12-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #66
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007

I'm not in the market for a 3D TV right now (I do eventually want to upgrade the TV in my living room, but I'm holding off for a while), but ironically I essentially have 3 3D Blu-Ray players right now.

I already had 2 PS3 units, which of course are 3D compatible with the latest update. And I got that Sony S470 player from the Disney Movie Rewards deal, which is also a 3D player once you update the firmware (which I did).

In all honesty I'm on the fence about 3D. Some things about it I like, some I don't (as usual, the glasses don't thrill me), but at least my players are compatible for when/if I take the full plunge.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:35 AM   #67

Dec 2010
Default SOFTWARE 3D Player

Hi, I wonder if is there any 3D BluRay Player (SOFTWARE) for PC that allows to view two SEPARATE videos (left and right) at once - I mean that player DO NOT combine side-by-side stream, but display both left and right video...?

An example is StereoscopicPlayer (it allows to view uncombined stream) but it only supports DVD 3D movies :/

Or maby is there any posibility to convert Side-bySide stream from 3D BluRay disc to separate (left and right) video files...??

Thanks a lot for advices, and sorry if I'm asking in a wrong topic, but I didn't found more appropriate one and could not create my own one... Also sorry for my english
Old 12-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #68
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I bought the sony bravia you see in my sig a few weeks ago for $1100 from amazon along with the 3D bundle for $273. The bundle included alice in wonderland, 2 pair of glasses, and the synch transmitter. I got BOLT, MJ THIS ISIT, the free promo disk used to demo the tv in stores and 4 downloadable games in 3 D. So my total out of pocket cost to go 3D was $1373. My PS3 and A/V rcvr were already 3D ready.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #69

Dec 2010

Same question as kreon, is there any way to play 3d blu-ray with a side-by-side configuration on PC ?
Seems like Totalmedia Theater/WinDVD/PowerDVD only offers options for checker/interlaced/sequential :/
Old 12-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #70

Dec 2015
Default 3D Blu Ray player Samsung BD EM 59C won't work!

Start by saying I am new and not allowed to start thread......

Hi, had a problem last year and can't remember how I fixed it not opening, staying on loading with no disk. This time after a move and not using it for 8 months or more, we mostly stream stuff, nothing will work.

Husband very angry and not a techie, we are tired of wasting a lot of money of products that don't work!

I have tried unplugging, then holding off button. Holding off button first, FF button, nothing works.

I am sure when he calls Samsung tomorrow since we are past warranty all we will get is a frustrated angry husband!

Only reason we hooked it up was to watch Stars Wars movie to catch up before we saw new one.

I think its crazy they can sell products for hundreds of dollars you use only a few times and its broken.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players