Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Insurgent (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.89
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Adult Beginners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2015, 09:55 PM   #2201
FruityOatyBar FruityOatyBar is offline
Active Member
 
FruityOatyBar's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Hollywood, CA
2
223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
What I'd like to see next....

Alice in Wonderland (with all the five billion demo songs written for it)
Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros (original and Tutti Camarata versions)
I'm with you all the way on Saludos/Caballeros! So much great music in both that deserves a high-quality release.
Panasonic DMP-BDT210
Panasonic TC-PST60 50" (plasma)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:00 PM   #2202
FruityOatyBar FruityOatyBar is offline
Active Member
 
FruityOatyBar's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Hollywood, CA
2
223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
I really want 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' - that score is so under appreciated. and I'd like the demo version of the deleted song: 'Someday'
Agreed. This is easily my favorite modern Disney Soundtrack. So rich and bold. It's a crime the entire score has never been released. "In A Place of Miracles" and "As Long As There's A Moon" are beautiful deleted songs.
Panasonic DMP-BDT210
Panasonic TC-PST60 50" (plasma)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:33 PM   #2203
EvilResident EvilResident is offline
Active Member
 
EvilResident's Avatar
 
Nov 2013
Duluth, MN
10
813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruityOatyBar View Post
Agreed. This is easily my favorite modern Disney Soundtrack. So rich and bold. It's a crime the entire score has never been released. "In A Place of Miracles" and "As Long As There's A Moon" are beautiful deleted songs.
Don't know if it'll help, but I'm pretty sure there's a Broadway show coming out and there'll be a soundtrack, and I'm sure it'll include those songs (Disney stage musicals always seem to include whatever got deleted from the movies.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:22 PM   #2204
The Mad Kiwi The Mad Kiwi is offline
Expert Member
 
The Mad Kiwi's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Homestead, FL
365
150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilResident View Post
Don't know if it'll help, but I'm pretty sure there's a Broadway show coming out and there'll be a soundtrack, and I'm sure it'll include those songs (Disney stage musicals always seem to include whatever got deleted from the movies.)
You're right. While "As Long As There's A Moon" didn't make it in (sadly since that's possibly my favorite deleted Disney song), "In A Place of Miracles" and "Someday" got restored. The former takes place where it would've in the film (in the Court of Miracles) while the latter has effectively been moved to
[Show spoiler]when Esmeralda and Phoebus are in prison the night before her execution
. Of course, anything could change between the version playing now at the Papermill Playhouse and what ends up on Broadway in the next year or so. Just look at how drastically the Aladdin musical kept changing.
"Mustard?! Don't let's be silly!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:52 AM   #2205
Dubstar Dubstar is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
1293
288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Kiwi View Post
You're right. While "As Long As There's A Moon" didn't make it in (sadly since that's possibly my favorite deleted Disney song), "In A Place of Miracles" and "Someday" got restored. The former takes place where it would've in the film (in the Court of Miracles) while the latter has effectively been moved to
[Show spoiler]when Esmeralda and Phoebus are in prison the night before her execution
. Of course, anything could change between the version playing now at the Papermill Playhouse and what ends up on Broadway in the next year or so. Just look at how drastically the Aladdin musical kept changing.
I had no idea that the Paper Mill Playhouse was doing this (March 4 to April 5th) - it had just played on the West Coast at the La Jolla Playhouse - from what I read there's no concrete Broadway plans yet. Thanks for the heads up on this - gonna get me some tix!
soundillustrated - Weekly Musical Food
For Sale: Ratatouille (Region B / '3D' edition) Brand New! US orders only. PM if interested.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:51 AM   #2206
alexdg1 alexdg1 is offline
Member
 
Jan 2015
Miami, Florida
52
28
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyb View Post
Watch a Night on Bald Mountain?
Verrry interesting!

Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:55 AM   #2207
disneywildcat disneywildcat is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2012
ND, USA
1
Default Fantasia 2 Movie Collection - Fantasia / Fantasia 2000 - November 30

As promised, pictures from The Legacy Collection Fantasia Soundtrack.

[Show spoiler]













  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ernest Rister (01-30-2015), insomniac013 (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 06:11 AM   #2208
RebelPrince1986 RebelPrince1986 is offline
Special Member
 
RebelPrince1986's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Oregon
183
9
59
Default

I really hope these Legacy titles sell well and they decide to carry it over to Blu-ray.
Looking to trade my empty Big Hero 6 steel for your empty Fifty Shades of Grey steel

My Trade/Sell Thread (Blu-ray, Slipcovers & DVD)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #2209
Alfred E. Neumann Alfred E. Neumann is offline
Junior Member
 
Alfred E. Neumann's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Exclamation

Bad news, Fantasia fans:
the 2010 restoration of the stereophonic Fantasound is a complete mess.
The Vinyl copies of the 50s, 60s and the LaserDiscs prodived much better sound reproduction of the original source.
The Blu-ray audio is digitally filtered / compressed and has strange digital noises, the original stereo field is altered too and they erased the echo of the orchestra.

This is absolutely not how Walt Disney wanted it to sound like. All the audio experts who gave the Blu-ray 4-5 points out of 5 must be deaf.

Listen here to a Vinyl vs Blu-ray comparison to hear how bad it really is:
https://soundcloud.com/xandreofficia...und-comparison

Last edited by Alfred E. Neumann; 04-24-2015 at 03:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:20 AM   #2210
Zak2000 Zak2000 is offline
Active Member
 
Zak2000's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Austria
155
51
7
Default

like... what?!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #2211
goeagles5039 goeagles5039 is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2008
93
23
Default

Never seen these is it worth getting? I like some Disney movies but not all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:30 PM   #2212
disneywildcat disneywildcat is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2012
ND, USA
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeagles5039 View Post
Never seen these is it worth getting? I like some Disney movies but not all.

Well, both are very different from the rest of the canon. If you like animation as a art form along with classical music, then you're sure to love these films.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:02 PM   #2213
Ernest Rister Ernest Rister is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Ernest Rister's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred E. Neumann View Post
Bad news, Fantasia fans:
the 2010 restoration of the stereophonic Fantasound is a complete mess.
The Vinyl copies of the 50s, 60s and the LaserDiscs prodived much better sound reproduction of the original source.
The Blu-ray audio is digitally filtered / compressed and has strange digital noises, the original stereo field is altered too and they erased the echo of the orchestra.

This is absolutely not how Walt Disney wanted it to sound like. All the audio experts who gave the Blu-ray 4-5 points out of 5 must be deaf.

Listen here to a Vinyl vs Blu-ray comparison to hear how bad it really is:
https://soundcloud.com/xandreofficia...und-comparison
The "how Walt wanted it to sound like" argument was lost in the 50's when the FantaSound optical masters were mixed down to three channels over a phone line and then discarded.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
FruityOatyBar (05-20-2015)
Old 05-25-2015, 09:40 PM   #2214
Gandalf445 Gandalf445 is online now
Active Member
 
Gandalf445's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
438
Default

Is 35$ a good deal for this blu-Ray? Also, is it going to be re-released in the future?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:09 PM   #2215
Ernest Rister Ernest Rister is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Ernest Rister's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf445 View Post
Is 35$ a good deal for this blu-Ray? Also, is it going to be re-released in the future?
1. Sure.
2. Sure.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 for March 2, 2010 Blu-ray Movies - North America crazy88 160 06-14-2010 04:58 PM
Battle Fantasia coming to the US PSN PS3 bandit29 10 12-23-2009 10:09 AM
Fantasia. Wish Lists Nerdkiller likes BD 2 06-18-2008 03:51 PM
What if the Disney classic Fantasia was launched on Blu? Blu-ray Movies - North America Nerdkiller likes BD 86 02-20-2008 04:34 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:30 AM.