Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Insurgent (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.89
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Adult Beginners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after you have seen it)
One Star 1 10.00%
Two Stars 2 20.00%
Three Stars 1 10.00%
Four Stars 5 50.00%
Five Stars 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2015, 07:50 PM   #81

Aug 2012

I find it amusing how violent some guys get over these movies.... so afraid they'd be accused of being gay if they don't throw up at a movie that objectifies men.... all the while complaining when actresses in Hollywood aren't hot enough . Upset that women and gay men have an eye candy movie, then at the same time complain that Rebel Wilson isn't a supermodel LOL

Saw pt. 1 in the theater, have had a crush on Channing for ten years now. Will see pt. 2 next week sometime.
Thanks given by:
Britnasty (07-05-2015), Falaskan (07-03-2015)
Old 07-03-2015, 10:04 PM   #82
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleandWonder View Post
I find it amusing how violent some guys get over these movies.... so afraid they'd be accused of being gay if they don't throw up at a movie that objectifies men.... all the while complaining when actresses in Hollywood aren't hot enough . Upset that women and gay men have an eye candy movie, then at the same time complain that Rebel Wilson isn't a supermodel LOL

Saw pt. 1 in the theater, have had a crush on Channing for ten years now. Will see pt. 2 next week sometime.
Except for those who are in denial, I promise this will not happen if you see Magic Mike. lol

*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Thanks given by:
MiracleandWonder (07-03-2015)
Old 07-03-2015, 11:24 PM   #83

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
Except for those who are in denial, I promise this will not happen if you see Magic Mike. lol

lol. I proudly own the camp classic that is Showgirls on blu and not once has it turned me straight
Thanks given by:
Falaskan (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 12:00 AM   #84
Suspended

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
lol. I proudly own the camp classic that is Showgirls on blu and not once has it turned me straight
Well, Showgirls can turn someone a lot of things ... gay to straight not being one of them.
Thanks given by:
Britnasty (07-05-2015), MiracleandWonder (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #85
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
I just came back from seeing it. Not sure I enjoyed it quite as much as the original film but I thought it was a very worthy sequel. There's definitely a lot more dancing in this one and there were times where I thought it could do with a little trimming. Otherwise, though, I thought it was a lot of fun. What with all the talk of this being 'the film you expected the original to be,' it wasn't brainless and it still had its fair share of talky moments.

(I find it very telling that Pounder gave it one star in the poll).
oh the dancing in this one is definitely the highlight notably the 'mirror' dance (the gas station scene is funny) I'm not sure what or why certain 'talky moments' had to be in it, but the progression of the characters and the establishing of back stories were quite interesting. Childish Gambino ... oops I mean Donald Glover was a surprise.
soundillustrated - Weekly Musical Food
For Sale: Ratatouille (Region B / '3D' edition) Brand New! US orders only. PM if interested.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:14 PM   #86
Power Member

Dec 2009
Maryland
Thumbs up

Three years after leaving the world of male striptease behind to start his own company, Michael "Magic Mike" Lane (Channing Tatum) finds himself a tad bored and frustrated by mainstream life. His girlfriend (Cody Horn, unfortunately not featured here in any capacity) left him after a proposal gone awry, and his entrepreneurial spirit has run headlong into day-to-day hardship and tedium. For a change of pace, he reunites his former Kings of Tampa co-stars (Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello, Kevin Nash, and Adam Rodriguez) on a summertime road trip to Myrtle Beach; their leader and Faustian father figure Dallas (Matthew McConaughey, understandably absent) has emigrated to Macao, and they plan to give an epic final performance at an exotic-dance convention before moving on.

This is a film almost entirely devoid of external conflict or tension: the Kings of Tampa may harbor slight resentment toward the title character for his abrupt exit, but any negativity is rapidly pacified, and the climactic destination, the strip convention, does not seem to be a championship-game type of competition, but rather a showcase where everyone wins, particularly the female crowd. Instead, the focus is on athleticism, camaraderie, intimate moments of slice-of-life road-trip whimsy, and a general tendency toward the uplifting and the uptempo (with, of course, a nocturnal twist). The impact therefore is not as significant as the first film's, which functioned as a cautionary drama and a contemporary economic parable delivered via the ecstasy and camp of a dance film, but the sequel is still a worthy and distinctive ride.

The cast instantly conjure an authentic and electrifying chemistry. The dance sequences are a grandly choreographed blend of the creative, the erotic, and the madcap. (Manganiello steals the show in this department, first with an impromptu convenience-store dance to put a smile on the face of a weary cashier and then with an elaborate, bondage-themed performance partly set to "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails.) The picturesque parade of Southern landscapes and sultry nightclub spaces are photographed with characteristic mood and precision by Steven Soderbergh, who also serves as an executive producer and editor, but cedes the directorial chair itself to long-time protégé Gregory Jacobs. The only notable flaw in this easygoing, crowd-pleasing enterprise is a shoehorned-in "female lead" played rather blandly by the very beautiful Amber Heard; she pops up throughout as if shadowing the Kings of Tampa on their journey, has a short temper (she is a photographic artiste railing against the inauthentic in a very inauthentic way), and shares lengthy, momentum-murdering conversations with Tatum's Mike which never ring true or spring to life with any genuine romantic charm.

B+
top five films of 2015 (so far)

1. Far from the Madding Crowd
2. Blackhat
3. Ex Machina
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Beloved Sisters
Old 07-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #87

Aug 2012

I haven't seen it yet (waiting until my other half has a day off to see this and Terminator), but is Alex Pettyfer's absense even noted in the film?

I know he was apparently very difficult to work with and nobody wanted to work with him again (really, with Tatum, Bomer, Maganiello and Rodriguez, I was never looking at Pettyfer to begin with lol), but the first MM was as much his character's story as it was Channing's so it'd seem weird that he's completely written off for the sequel.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #88
Power Member

Dec 2009
Maryland

Yes, they say he went to Asia with McConaughey's character.
top five films of 2015 (so far)

1. Far from the Madding Crowd
2. Blackhat
3. Ex Machina
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Beloved Sisters
Old 07-05-2015, 12:26 AM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Quote:
I haven't seen it yet (waiting until my other half has a day off to see this and Terminator), but is Alex Pettyfer's absense even noted in the film?

I know he was apparently very difficult to work with and nobody wanted to work with him again (really, with Tatum, Bomer, Maganiello and Rodriguez, I was never looking at Pettyfer to begin with lol), but the first MM was as much his character's story as it was Channing's so it'd seem weird that he's completely written off for the sequel.
He seems like he's full of himself.
*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies