Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$98.54
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-11-2014, 01:58 AM   #841
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluLamp View Post
Has Affleck ever come out and said which is his preferred (or director's) cut of the film?
I don't know about preferred but he suggests in his commentary that the theatrical ending is the more commercial ending and it was chosen for that reason.
DVDTalk Blu-Ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-Rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | Letterboxd | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 02-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #842
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylergfoster View Post
I made a mistake in my post. I said 2 cuts among 3 endings, I meant 2 endings among 3 cuts. I figured the Theatrical and Extended had the same ending.

[Show spoiler]The ending of Doug on the dock looking at the sunset is awful. For me, the film only feels right if Doug is killed.
+1. Also, for those that dont know, the UK steelbook with extended cut, alternate ending is very nice indeed - looks far better close up than it does on a screen - I paid less than £6 for it as well!

Its a good - not great - film and easily gets an 8/10 from me.
Panasonic TX-P50GT60
Panasonic DMR-EX79
Sony BDP-E870
Old 02-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #843
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Someone might've gone thru this so … I'll try to be unconfusing.

When I got this, I got the Extended Cut pretty cheap, but I liked it so much that I wanted to get the version with 2 BDs. BRDC lists an Ultimate Collector’s Edition Digipack:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Town-Blu-ray/32695/

But I believe that's the one with extra crap (pix & stuff) and it's very expensive. They also list a Best Buy Exclusive / DigiBook which sounds great (I love most DigiBooks & it's got 2 BDs):
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Town-Blu-ray/38891/

However, when you click on the link to Amazon, it doesn't say it's a DigiBook, it says The Town (Ultimate Collector's Edition). So … does anyone know if Amazon's is the DigiBook or not?

P.S. I may have found it elsewhere for $20 - so the next question : is the extra disc & the book worth it if I already have the extended cut BD? Your opinion, pro or con, will be considered & appreciated.
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #844

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post

When I got this, I got the Extended Cut pretty cheap, but I liked it so much that I wanted to get the version with 2 BDs. BRDC lists an Ultimate Collector’s Edition Digipack:

But I believe that's the one with extra crap (pix & stuff) and it's very expensive. They also list a Best Buy Exclusive / DigiBook which sounds great (I love most DigiBooks & it's got 2 BDs):

However, when you click on the link to Amazon, it doesn't say it's a DigiBook, it says The Town (Ultimate Collector's Edition). So … does anyone know if Amazon's is the DigiBook or not?

P.S. I may have found it elsewhere for $20 - so the next question : is the extra disc & the book worth it if I already have the extended cut BD? Your opinion, pro or con, will be considered & appreciated.
And when you go to the Amazon page for each of the above listings, they both are calling it The Ultimate Collector's Edition. Very confusing. I wouldn't mind buying the less expensive one (currently $18.96) if it did include the alternate ending.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #845
Special Member

Dec 2011
Canton, OH

Quote:

The first link is 100% the UCE. Because I purchased that in December 2012, as Amazon says, and that's what I have. The second link, however, I believe is the Best Buy exclusive digibook. I'm pretty sure the title is just wrong on Amazon. But I'm not 100% on that one.

I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of this film and the UCE is worth it with all the extra goodies. Plus the alternate ending is nice. Awesome packaging. But if you already have the regular blu with the extended cut, it probably wouldn't be worth an upgrade unless you're a big fan.
Kansas City Chiefs - St. Louis Cardinals - Columbus Blue Jackets

Last edited by Lehnhart; 02-11-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #846

Nov 2013

This version: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Town-Blu-ray/38891/ is also listed at Barnes and Noble. I think maybe it is in fact a Digibook and includes all 3 versions. Perhaps the Digibook got a wider release than just Best Buy. If so, then this version would really appeal to me as I wouldn't want all the extra stuff that comes with the UCE - plus it's way cheaper. And it's a Digibook, which I like.

EDIT: It is a Digibook as I see it listed on WBShop.com.

Last edited by solovoyager; 02-11-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #847

Nov 2013

The UCE with all the goodies is being sold on WBShop for $17.59 right now, it looks like.
It's hard to tell for sure though as on their product listing pages they have 2 listings for the UCE at 2 very different prices.

Last edited by solovoyager; 02-11-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #848
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Chicago, IL

I love this movie, and the digibook has everything I need. I hope they do the same with Argo because I bought the big box for $20 at Costco, but ended up taking it back because I didn't need all the junk (in my eyes).
Old 02-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #849
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by solovoyager View Post
The UCE with all the goodies is being sold on WBShop for $17.59 right now, it looks like.
Well, they have 3 versions (all called the same thing ). One is $34.19 and the other two are $17.59 (including the DigiBook). The charge $2.50 for shipping (below $35) and they charge tax (here & all or most places).

http://www.wbshop.com/search.do?quer...esDescend&cx=0
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Old 02-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #850

Nov 2013

Quote:
Well, they have 3 versions (all called the same thing ). One is $34.19 and the other two are $17.59 (including the DigiBook). The charge $2.50 for shipping (below $35) and they charge tax (here & all or most places).

http://www.wbshop.com/search.do?quer...esDescend&cx=0
Yeah I agree it's very confusing. As for me, I think the Digibook is the one I'd want anyway. I'm not interested in all the goodies. As long as the disc content (the alternate ending, the theatrical and extended cuts) are all there.

Oh by the way, you can order from the WBShop's eBay listings (listed on eBay as warnerbrosdvdmedia) for the same prices as their own website with no shipping charges! http://stores.ebay.com/Warner-Bros-M...p2047675.l2563

Last edited by solovoyager; 02-11-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #851
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

I had the box and I sold it to get the smaller Digibook. Very happy with it.
DVDTalk Blu-Ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-Rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | Letterboxd | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 02-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #852

Nov 2013

Quote:
Could you tell me if the Digibook has both Theatrical and Extended Cuts of the movie - as well as the option to watch the alternate ending?
Old 02-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #853
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
I thought the alternate ending was a bummer and I think I have all of the versions w/t extended cut (?) - but what did you think of the extras disc and the book itself.

The thing that really hurts is that this was only $7.50 for ... a moment (?) in December & I never saw it.

Last edited by Early Memphis; 02-11-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #854
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by solovoyager View Post
Could you tell me if the Digibook has both Theatrical and Extended Cuts of the movie - as well as the option to watch the alternate ending?
Yes, the digibook has the same BD content, (no DVD coaster), as the Ultimate Edition.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:24 AM   #855

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Yes, the digibook has the same BD content, (no DVD coaster), as the Ultimate Edition.
Cool, thanks Sky_Captain. This is the one I want then, just as soon as I find a good deal on it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America