Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$98.54

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-24-2014, 10:58 PM   #6261
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
I already had this argument. Go back and read what I said if you want to have it again. I'm done talking about the Space Jockey. I thought everyone here had already moved away from that by now. I think at this point I'd much rather discuss how great it would be if a Predator came up against an Engineer in the sequel. Oh, would that be too unbelievable to happen? Well, it wouldn't be anymore unbelievable than, let's say, going back and watching Alien and believing that that giant skeleton is a spacesuit! Ha!

Translation: "I'm done talking about the Space Jockey...but not really."

Quote:
God, I wish Dan O'Bannon was still alive.
Indeed...then Prometheus 2 could be as good as Bleeders!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #6262
Special Member

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
Translation: "I'm done talking about the Space Jockey...but not really."
No, I am done talking about it --- I just wanted to throw that last jab in at you as a laugh.

Stay light, Man. It's getting way too dark in here.

Quote:
Indeed...then Prometheus 2 could be as good as Bleeders!
Aww, come on, give me and the guy a break. He wrote some enjoyable stuff, too, like Return of The Living Dead and Lifeforce. But above all else, O'Bannon helped conceive Alien and even though he wasn't the only one involved, he initiated the story and was the one who pushed for Giger to be involved. He deserves a lot of credit.

Last edited by Darkstream; 03-24-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:16 AM   #6263
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Aww, come on, give me and the guy a break. He wrote some enjoyable stuff, too, like Return of The Living Dead and Lifeforce. But above all else, O'Bannon helped conceive Alien and even though he wasn't the only one involved, he initiated the story and was the one who pushed for Giger to be involved. He deserves a lot of credit.
Oh, believe me, I love a LOT of O'Bannon's work, and his contributions to Alien absolutely cannot be overestimated. But the idea that his involvement would immediately guarantee quality needs to be knocked down a peg...because in addition to the excellent films he worked on, the man produced some real dogs. So if we're going to point to this Prometheus new and start throwing brickbats because of the writer currently attached, it should be pointed out that O'Bannon didn't bat 1000, either. I'm not insulting the man...just trying to bring a little realism to the table to counter the notion that O'Bannon's involvement would have unquestionably made for a better film. Especially since pre-judging a film that isn't even in pre-production yet is really rather silly.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:26 AM   #6264
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Zeta II Reticuli

Quote:
Ridley Scott To Shoot Multi-Fassbender Prometheus 2 This Year...

and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Green Lantern Writer On Board!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/...iter-on-board/
Oh dear god.

Space Jesus does not approve.
I mostly come out at night...mostly.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #6265
Special Member

Aug 2012

Quote:
Oh, believe me, I love a LOT of O'Bannon's work, and his contributions to Alien absolutely cannot be overestimated. But the idea that his involvement would immediately guarantee quality needs to be knocked down a peg...because in addition to the excellent films he worked on, the man produced some real dogs. So if we're going to point to this Prometheus new and start throwing brickbats because of the writer currently attached, it should be pointed out that O'Bannon didn't bat 1000, either. I'm not insulting the man...just trying to bring a little realism to the table to counter the notion that O'Bannon's involvement would have unquestionably made for a better film. Especially since pre-judging a film that isn't even in pre-production yet is really rather silly.

When they get a writer who doen't exactly have a lot of credentials, and the one he does is a flop, like Green Lantern, then people have concerns. Sure O'Bannon wouldn't guarantee a success, but he knew the Alien material, because he helped invent the material and fought for it. All I'm saying on a speculative level is that out of all the writers out there, is this Green Lantern guy, Michael Green, really the best man for the job? Of course, Ridley Scott seems to thinks so, and that's all we have to go with -- but it's not like Ridley hasn't made poor decisions before when dealing with the writing. It does seem Ridley likes this Michael Green writer though, because he's also involved with the potential Blade Runner 2 film.

Last edited by Darkstream; 03-25-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #6266
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Ridley Scott To Shoot Multi-Fassbender Prometheus 2 This Year...

and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Green Lantern Writer On Board!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/...iter-on-board/

God, I wish Dan O'Bannon was still alive.
Ugh, because Green Lantern had such a great script. It looks like the entire Prometheus series is doomed to be saddled by poor writing.

Also:

"Variety are saying Ridley Scott may not direct, though he will produce, and that the film doesn’t yet have a release date… this being despite a March 2016 date on Fox’s calendar being held ready for some sort of Scott-related film. Hmmm."
Old 03-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #6267
Power Member

Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Yeah, I remember that deleted scene. The film was not helped any by them cutting so much out. That's a good example of a scene that should have remained to help explain some of the actions we see people make that make them appear stupid.
My thoughts exactly.
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Hyper3D 1000 HDMI x 3
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x 5

FOR TRADE:Pan's Labyrinth Canadian Steelbook sealed/PM me if interested.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #6268

Oct 2012

Quote:
When they get a writer who doen't exactly have a lot of credentials, and the one he does is a flop, like Green Lantern, then people have concerns.
One thing to keep in mind is that the Green Lantern movie had several writers and we don't know what Michael Green's contribution was exactly--wikipedia says it had "a script by Greg Berlanti and comic book writers Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim, which was subsequently rewritten by Michael Goldenberg." Michael Green was the creator and main writer on the alternate-history show Kings, which only lasted a season but got some good reviews (the reviewer at The A.V. Club loved it), and I remember liking it at the time although I didn't see the whole thing.

Disappointed to hear the new movie is likely to go in more of an Alien like direction (as mentioned here) rather than striking out in its own direction and continuing to explore the mythology of the Engineers, though.

Last edited by Hypnosifl; 03-25-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #6269
Special Member

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosifl View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that the Green Lantern movie had several writers and we don't know what Michael Green's contribution was exactly--wikipedia says it had "a script by Greg Berlanti and comic book writers Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim, which was subsequently rewritten by Michael Goldenberg." Michael Green was the creator and main writer on the alternate-history show Kings, which only lasted a season but got some good reviews (the reviewer at The A.V. Club loved it), and I remember liking it at the time although I didn't see the whole thing.

Disappointed to hear the new movie is likely to go in more of a small-scale Alien like direction rather than striking out in its own direction and continuing to explore the mythology of the Engineers, though.

Hopeully it will all work out, I still think there is potential for this franchise and would love to see a good follow-up.

Heck, I'd even like to see another Alien vs. Predator movie, too!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:03 AM   #6270
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
When they get a writer who doen't exactly have a lot of credentials, and the one he does is a flop, like Green Lantern, then people have concerns. Sure O'Bannon wouldn't guarantee a success, but he knew the Alien material, because he helped invent the material and fought for it. All I'm saying on a speculative level is that out of all the writers out there, is this Green Lantern guy, Michael Green, really the best man for the job? Of course, Ridley Scott seems to thinks so, and that's all we have to go with -- but it's not like Ridley hasn't made poor decisions before when dealing with the writing. It does seem Ridley likes this Michael Green writer though, because he's also involved with the potential Blade Runner 2 film.
It's also important to note that, unlike Alien, this is a Scott-driven venture from Day One, and he will go through as many writers as necessary until he gets what he wants from the script. Whether fans consider that for good or ill is another matter, but I still think it's silly to cry that the sky is falling based on screenwriter news this early in development. Especially when, as stated above, it's difficult to determine what Green's contribution to Green Lantern was, and how much (if any) of it ended up in the crappy final product.

Now if we find out next year that Carrot Top has been cast in a lead role, I'll be right there with you...but as of this moment, I think everyone should just calm down with their "OH NOES!" All your reactionary response does is appease the people who put "Green Lantern Writer On Board" in a headline, hoping for precisely that kind of reaction. No one wants to give anyone a fair shake anymore...they'd rather get thousands of hits on their story by whipping the fanboys up with a provocative headline.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:06 AM   #6271
Expert Member

Nov 2008

Quote:
Now if we find out next year that Carrot Top has been cast in a lead role, I'll be right there with you...but as of this moment, I think everyone should just calm down
Didn't he play the Newborn in Alien Resurrection ?
Old 03-26-2014, 02:24 AM   #6272
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post
Well, except for Bill "We're all gonna die!" Paxton.
"Game Over, Man! Game Over!"
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 03-26-2014, 02:37 AM   #6273
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Zeta II Reticuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
"Game Over, Man! Game Over!"
"What are we gonna do now?! What are we gonna do?!!"
"Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?"
"We better get back, cuz it'll be dark soon, and...
I mostly come out at night...mostly.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America