Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$98.54
Old 04-03-2014, 02:13 AM   #701
Expert Member

Apr 2012
Hawaii

What happened to Shout? Are the non-horror titles selling THAT poorly? They've had a great run last year, and now they are pretty much dead in the water
Old 04-03-2014, 02:14 AM   #702
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
East Coast

Anything that's not Scream Factory-related seems to have taken a back seat judging by how quiet things are on the Shout Factory side. Aside from a sprinkling of TV shows, there doesn't seem to be much happening with the ITV titles or much else. Oh, well
Arrow Demons/Demons 2 steelbook F/S.
The Swimmer DVD F/S
Old 04-03-2014, 04:39 AM   #703

May 2011

Who wants Shout to release Animalympics on blu-ray/DVD combo with extras like commentary, TV commercial, storyboards and all that? it needs a DVD and blu-ray badly
Old 04-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #704

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildude View Post
I got an email today from Amazon advertising the first three seasons of the Newhart TV series (1982-1990) on DVD. I looked at the releasing company and was surprised to see it was Shout! Factory. I know the first season of the series was shot on video, but all subsequent seasons were shot on film since Bob Newhart disliked the look of video and insisted on film.

I love this series, and I hope Shout! decides to release it on BD, but if that was in the cards it seems they would just release a BD-DVD combo and be done with it, especially given there are nine seasons. Anyone more familiar with their output have any thoughts on the chances of this going to blu-ray?
Extremely doubtful. From the reviews of the Season Two set it sounds like they were only given access to video masters - it may be that, like Star Trek The Next Generation and many other shows of that era, it was shot on film but edited on tape, which would mean no real improvement if it went to BD unless they re-edited the original negs. Considering it took six years for seasons two and three to come out (and from a different label) and how the last two seasons of The Bob Newhart Show have only just been announced (and only as part of a six season boxed set, again from a different label) eight years after season four came out, it's touch and go whether this will sell well enough to get all the seasons on DVD, so there clearly isn't any money in it for a full restoration.
"Gentleman, that last remark is not for publication. This is a D notice situation."
Old 04-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #705
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenOfEarth View Post
Who wants Shout to release Animalympics on blu-ray/DVD combo with extras like commentary, TV commercial, storyboards and all that? it needs a DVD and blu-ray badly
It looks like Warner Brothers may have inherited that title. If so, the chances of Shout! ever getting it are pretty close to zero.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:57 AM   #706
Power Member

Dec 2010
New Jersey

The OP has been updated with some new announcements for July including SOUTHERN COMFORT, HERZOG: THE COLLECTION, VINYL and I ESCAPED FROM DEVIL'S ISLAND / THE FINAL OPTION (Double Feature). Enjoy
Follow me on Twitter to stay updated with my latest Blu-ray / DVD reviews: https://twitter.com/Frightener22

Slipcovers in need, PM me if you're looking to sell:
"Lost Boys: The Thirst", "Shark Night" & "Star Trek: The Original Series" Season 3
Old 04-08-2014, 01:57 AM   #707

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
It looks like Warner Brothers may have inherited that title. If so, the chances of Shout! ever getting it are pretty close to zero.
I think it is possible that
the Warner Archive can release "Animalympics"
on blu-ray & dvd.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:17 AM   #708
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Hmm. That's strange. A double feature BD of The Final Option and I Escaped from the Devil's Island. That's fine. The weird part is that the two are also in a 4 Movie Marathon set together. Also included are Treasure of the Four Crowns and Shake Hands With the Devil.

I am glad to see the 4 Movie Marathon banner lives on though, despite the horror sets not selling well. I recently bought the initial Action and SciFi sets and am very satisfied.

Last edited by demonknight; 04-08-2014 at 02:19 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #709
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
East Coast

Yeah, too bad about the Horror/Sci-Fi Marathon sets not selling well (or the TV Terrors double feature). I looked forward to every set and now they're among my most-prized possessions. The quality of the transfers - or even some of the films themselves - is completely irrelevant to me. As long as I am entertained by at least 2 of the 4 films in the sets I am happy. There are still so many MGM movies that would make great sets - it's a shame it's over.
Arrow Demons/Demons 2 steelbook F/S.
The Swimmer DVD F/S
Old 04-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #710
Special Member

Oct 2008
MD, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
Yeah, too bad about the Horror/Sci-Fi Marathon sets not selling well (or the TV Terrors double feature). I looked forward to every set and now they're among my most-prized possessions. The quality of the transfers - or even some of the films themselves - is completely irrelevant to me. As long as I am entertained by at least 2 of the 4 films in the sets I am happy. There are still so many MGM movies that would make great sets - it's a shame it's over.

I can't believe these didn't sell well. They where only $9.99 and sometimes lower then that. I love these 4 pack DVDs. If they where sold in Walmart I'm sure they would have sold good in the bargain bin. I wonder if the ones that had good transfers where released on blu-ray double features if they would have sold better.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors