Best Anime Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$61.49
From Up on Poppy Hill (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Ai No Kusabi (Blu-ray)
$19.84
Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 2: Determination (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Resident Evil: Vendetta (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Cardcaptor Sakura: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.87
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Sailor Moon Crystal: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$52.59
Persona 4 The Animation: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$51.49
Mob Psycho 100: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$46.20
Napping Princess: Ancien and the Magic Tablet (Blu-ray)
$19.41
Soul Eater Not!: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 09-25-2017, 05:51 PM   #2441

Dec 2009

Getting closer and closer to my Amazon.co.jp Limited Edition of SAO Ordinal Scale to be shipping.

I can't wait to see the exclusives in person. Sadly the shipping is saying Sep 30 - Oct 01.

Speaking of imports (Non Aniplex related) , I'm kind of bummed out that Dad of Light doesn't appear to have English subtitles. Really enjoyed that one.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ

RIP ironsmile35
Thanks given by:
AManOfCharacter (09-25-2017), Clark Kent (09-25-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 09:16 PM   #2442

Jan 2009
United Kingdom

Nice, I cancelled my Amazon.jp order just to wait for the US AoA version as it was only a couple more months.

Still, it will be nice to see the extras you got!
Old 09-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #2443
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Getting closer and closer to my Amazon.co.jp Limited Edition of SAO Ordinal Scale to be shipping.

I can't wait to see the exclusives in person. Sadly the shipping is saying Sep 30 - Oct 01.
They're shipping out now - or actually in just a few hours. Remember Japan is 13 hours ahead of EDT, or 14 hours CDT, so it's already Wednesday morning there. So SAO will be arriving here on Thursday. I always get my amazon.co.jp orders one day after release date - less than 40 hours after it ships from the warehouse in Japan.

Unfortunately I will be out of town traveling for work until Friday afternoon, so I will need to tell DHL to hold off delivery one day, until Friday.

And I know you're just anxious to see Asuna's nipple peek played over and over, on repeat on you Blu-ray player...
Sienna Khan, High Leader of the White Fang, from RWBY Volume 5

Last edited by Girls With Guns; 09-26-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Thanks given by:
AManOfCharacter (09-26-2017), neoz (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 11:38 PM   #2444

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
And I know you're just anxious to see Asuna's nipple peek played over and over, on repeat on you Blu-ray player...
Heck yeah that is my phone background right now.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ

RIP ironsmile35
Thanks given by:
AManOfCharacter (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 04:43 AM   #2445
Power Member

Jun 2010
Michigan

Should I feel rushed to purchase the Gurren Lagann set or can I sit on it for a while?
Some Movies I Adore...
Grand Budapest Hotel | Fury Road | Dark City | The Social Network | Children of Men | Blade Runner 2049 | The Matrix| Her | Drive | There Will Be Blood | Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind | The Dark Knight | The Godfather | The Truman Show | Minority Report | Road to Perdition | Se7en | Sicario | Alien
Old 09-27-2017, 01:15 PM   #2446
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012
Denmark

No one knows.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #2447
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse75 View Post
Should I feel rushed to purchase the Gurren Lagann set or can I sit on it for a while?
You will definitely feel rushed whenever the Gurren Lagann set goes OOP and you realize you sat on it for too long of a while...
Old 09-28-2017, 12:49 AM   #2448
Expert Member

Nov 2014
Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse75 View Post
If I had to take a guess, I'd say that the recent Aniplex complete box sets (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Magi: The Kingdom of Magic, Sword Art Online, Blue Exorcist, and Gurren Lagann) will be around for at least a year -- the Puella Magi Madoka Magica complete box set has been in print for a year now and is still available. I wouldn't wait too much longer than that, though.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:43 AM   #2449
Special Member

Jul 2010

Really need to try and accumulate the funds for SAO. I enjoyed the show. It's a nice looking release just that kind of money makes me think twice every single time. Perhaps my hesitation is for a reason like it'll be a rare Aniplex holiday deal at RS this year. I can dream.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #2450

Jan 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by themp3000 View Post
Really need to try and accumulate the funds for SAO. I enjoyed the show. It's a nice looking release just that kind of money makes me think twice every single time. Perhaps my hesitation is for a reason like it'll be a rare Aniplex holiday deal at RS this year. I can dream.
That would be nice, but I bet extremely unlikely. Would like to see some Monogatari sets on sale. We can dream
Old 10-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #2451
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
The Sword Art Online stage panel at the "Dengeki Bunko Aki no Saiten 2017" (Dengeki Bunko Fall Festival 2017) event in Tokyo announced on Sunday that a television anime adaptation of the Alicization arc in Reki Kawahara's Sword Art Online light novel series is launching. The third series is titled Sword Art Online: Alicization.

The series will again star Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Kirito and Haruka Tomatsu as Asuna. Ai Kayano will play Alice, and Nobunaga Shimazaki will play Eugeo. The Alicization arc is in volumes 9 through 18 of the original novel series.

The Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale anime film (pictured at right), which opened in Japan on February 18, had teased that "SAO will return."

The anime series has two television anime adaptations, an anime special, and the recent film. The franchise has also inspired multiple manga series, games, and a virtual reality demonstration in Japan. Aniplex of America releases the anime in North America. Skydance Television is planning a live-action television series based on the novels.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/...on-arc/.122101

Quote:
The Sword Art Online stage panel at the "Dengeki Bunko Aki no Saiten 2017" (Dengeki Bunko Fall Festival 2017) event in Tokyo announced on Sunday that a television anime project of Keiichi Sigsawa's Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online novel series is launching.

Tomori Kusunoki will play Llenn, and Yōko Hikasa will star in the series as Pitohui. Kazuyuki Okitsu will play M, and Chinatsu Akasaki will play Fukaziroh. Llenn will also be a playable character in the upcoming Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet video game.

The story follows Karen Kohiruimaki, a 183-centimeter-tall (6-foot-tall) college student who's insecure her height, and is bad at dealing with people in the real world. She enters the world of Gun Gale Online with her avatar, Llenn, who is less than 150 centimeters (5 feet) tall and wears all pink. She meets a beautiful, brown-skinned female player who goes by Pitohui. They hit it off, but one day Pitohui pressures her to participate in "Squad Jam," a team Battle Royale variation of the Bullet of Bullets tournament.

Sigsawa (Kino's Journey) launched the novel series in 2014, and Kadokawa published the sixth volume on March 10.

Artist Tadadi Tamori launched a manga adaptation in 2015, and Kadokawa will publish the second volume on November 10. Yen Press has licensed the manga, and will release the first volume on November 17.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/...ounced/.122102
Old 10-01-2017, 11:07 AM   #2452
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Aniplex of America opened an official English website for the television anime adaptation of Miyuki Nakayama's Blend S four-panel manga and began streaming an English-subtitled version of the anime's second promotional video on Saturday.

The anime's official Japanese website began streaming the second promotional video earlier this month. Aniplex of America also began streaming an English-subtitled version of the first promotional video earlier this month.

The anime will premiere on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, and BS11 on October 7 at 24:30 (effectively October 8 at 12:30 a.m.). The series will also air later on Kansai TV, TV Aichi, and AT-X. Crunchyroll will stream the series as it airs in Japan, beginning at 1:00 p.m. EDT on October 7.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/...-video/.122095
Old 10-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #2453
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
The official website for the three-part Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel anime film project began streaming a trailer for the first film on Saturday. The video features Aimer's theme song "Hana no Uta" (Flower Song).

The website also revealed that people who attend theatrical screenings of the film in Japan will receive different bonus items for the first seven weeks after the film opens. People who attend screenings during the film's first week will receive one of two sets of two postcards with special illustrations by Type-Moon and ufotable.

The first film, Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel I. presage flower, will premiere in theaters in Japan on October 14. Aniplex of America will release the first Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel film theatrically in the United States. The company revealed on Saturday that the film will premiere in the U.S. on November 3 at The Theater At Ace Hotel in Los Angeles. A nationwide theatrical release will follow at a later date.

Tomonori Sudou (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Zero animation director) is directing the films, and ufotable is animating the work. Yuki Kajiura (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Zero) is composing the music. Takahiro Miura is providing the storyboards.

Note: The summary below reveals spoilers about the Fate/stay night story.

[Show spoiler]The story of the film will revolve around Sakura Matō, the younger sister by blood to Rin Tohsaka, but when she was young, Sakura was sent to the Matō household as an adopted daughter. There, she was given torturous training in order to give her powerful magic powers. Sakura was not supposed to enter the Holy Grail War, but due to her getting into a romantic relationship with Shirō, the passion hidden within herself and her mental restraints go berserk. Sakura becomes a large game-changer in the Holy Grail War, and forces Shirō to walk toward a cruel fate.

"Heaven's Feel" is a route from the original Fate/stay night visual novel. A manga adaptation of the route launched in May 2015.

The TV anime adaptation of Fate/stay night's 'Unlimited Blade Works' route premiered in October 2014. The initial Fate/stay night anime premiered in 2005.

Update: The U.S. premiere on November 3 will be held at The Theater At Ace Hotel in Los Angeles. A nationwide theatrical release will follow at a later date.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/...r-song/.122091
Old 10-01-2017, 11:41 AM   #2454
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Aniplex of America announced at its industry panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta on Saturday that it will stream the English dubs of the anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and God Eater anime exclusively on Verizon Media's go90 streaming service starting in October. The company also plans to stream Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Sword Art Online, Gurren Lagann, and Fate/Zero on the service.

go90 is part of Verizon's digital media network of video content and platforms, and can be accessed via an app on iOS and Android, or at its official website. go90 doesn't require fees to stream its content.

The complete Blu-ray Disc box set anohana will launch on October 31. The set will include a 60-page booklet, rigid box, package illustrated by Masayoshi Tanaka, and English dub bloopers and commentary. Aniplex of America premiered the dub during a panel at this year's Anime Expo convention in July.

The 2011 television anime followed several childhood friends who try to reconnect in high school, after drifting apart due to tragedy five years earlier. The anime inspired a manga, a 2013 film sequel, and a 2015 live-action special.

Aniplex of America released God Eater on Blu-ray Disc in two sets with an English dub on November 29 and January 31. The 13-episode television anime series originally premiered in July 2015.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/...-anime/.122107
Old 10-24-2017, 05:47 AM   #2455
Power Member

Jun 2014

pic for US SAO movie LE set. Looks to be chipboard box + digipak.

Thanks given by:
jhanig (10-24-2017), KillaCam (10-24-2017), Naiera (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 06:43 AM   #2456
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
US

Well shit. There goes consistency. Now is it G1 or G2.
Thanks given by:
AManOfCharacter (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 08:43 AM   #2457

Oct 2015
Hawaii

Don't really care about the fact that it's a digipack, but, come on... consistency! Why is it so hard?
Thanks given by:
AManOfCharacter (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 11:42 AM   #2458
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Straight copy of the Japanese release - so G2. I'd rather it be G1, but whatever. I'm at least happy to see Aniplex using more digipaks lately - at least when they copy the Japanese releases - which hopefully will happen more often since they're manufacturing all of their sets in Japan now.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:52 PM   #2459
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
US

Guess I will no longer be buying Aniplex releases if they keep making digi-paks. Can’t stand them and won’t be wasting money on them.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #2460

Apr 2017
Middle Earth

Agreed. I hate Digipacks. Everyone (companies) should either use Criterion DVD or Blu-ray cases, in my opinion.
Retro always wins!
Anime Production Info:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....1#post13671981
Thanks given by:
SirYodaJedi (10-24-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime