Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Prime: The Great Wall 4K $11.99 (74% claimed)
Prime: Game of Thrones: Seasons 1-7 $74.99 (27 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$99.99
20 hrs ago
Rick and Morty: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Call Me by Your Name (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Justice League (Blu-ray)
$9.99
16 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.85
17 hrs ago
Outlander: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
Ferdinand (Blu-ray)
$9.99
16 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
17 hrs ago
The Naked Gun Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.91

A Bad Moms Christmas (Blu-ray)
$9.59
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet

Old 04-13-2015, 01:48 AM   #21
Special Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenstar View Post
The only issue I had was a blank one for the dark knight. Warner/flixter treated me like an a-hole thief.
flixster has been suffering a ton of issues with their servers for the past 4-6 weeks. their support staff in chat and email has been slow to respond and overwhelmed. they almost script like when they do, with few answers or solutions. i've never tried to call them. it might help? might not. i dont even know if this phone support number for flixster usa office is still valid.

Quote:
Flixster Phone Support is available daily from 7:00am to 10:00pm PST. Call Us at 1-888-892-4030
Old 04-13-2015, 08:42 PM   #22
Expert Member

Dec 2010
sl, ut

Quote:
Originally Posted by p w View Post
flixster has been suffering a ton of issues with their servers for the past 4-6 weeks. their support staff in chat and email has been slow to respond and overwhelmed. they almost script like when they do, with few answers or solutions. i've never tried to call them. it might help? might not. i dont even know if this phone support number for flixster usa office is still valid.
Thanks PW. They fixed my problem and provided me with the movie. I just didnt appreciate their attitude. Especially when I took pictures of the movies and uv papers and offered to mail them the originals.

While Walmart is terrible and basically the devil haha, they allow you to return XxX number of items without a receipt. Why? Customer Service. I dont know anyone who saves receipts outside of a return window, if even ever. Especially on 20 dollar or less purchases. I can understand them protecting their rights if this was code was used somewhere else and I claimed it was new. This was a blank paper. Their mistake, not mine. Why not just fix the problem instead of insulting the customer and acting like they did me the favor? Its poor customer service.

Didnt mean to hijack the thread. I too am in the boat of why do any of them need to expire. On the shelf you have no idea if this is a first issue or re-release. The companies should be doing all they can to keep the customer base happy. They should retro people who did redeem and ended up with SD to HD copies.

Last edited by owenstar; 04-13-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:26 AM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007
Hawaii
-
-

I have a Sony code which expired in August 2014 which I wanted to try. When I input it on Ultraviolet, it directs me to the Sony site to redeem. I didn't proceed as I just want to know if it's valid to give away. Is there a way on Sony to just test it?
Old 05-18-2015, 04:40 AM   #24
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPlay View Post
I have a Sony code which expired in August 2014 which I wanted to try. When I input it on Ultraviolet, it directs me to the Sony site to redeem. I didn't proceed as I just want to know if it's valid to give away. Is there a way on Sony to just test it?
Your best bet is to test it on Vudu. Log out of your Vudu account completely and then enter the code like normal. If it asks you to sign in, the code should be still be good. If you get an error message, the code is not good.

You can do the same thing on Sony. However, it's less reliable there. Some codes will trigger the sign in message and then error after you sign in.
The night is alive. You can feel the heartbeat.
Thanks given by:
EPlay (05-18-2015)
Old 10-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #25

May 2009
Canada
Default It's just wrong

There is not real reason for UV codes to expire other than the studios wanting to soak you for more money. It's not like the codes can be redeemed twice. I've bought blu-rays in bargain bins where the code was already expired even though the movies were still being bought 'new'. Once they generate the code, it should be active until used, period. Ridiculous that they expire.
Thanks given by:
KevinZero (06-05-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #26

Mar 2017
Germany

I had an expired code for Drive and redeemed it on the Sony site. It worked and I can even watch the movie there but it did not port to Vudu or moviesanywhere, because it doesn't appear in my ultraviolet library. Did I redeem it the wrong way?
Old 03-27-2018, 10:32 PM   #27
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana666 View Post
I had an expired code for Drive and redeemed it on the Sony site. It worked and I can even watch the movie there but it did not port to Vudu or moviesanywhere, because it doesn't appear in my ultraviolet library. Did I redeem it the wrong way?
I found the sony site tends to have this issue. Contact Sony to get it put into myuv.com libary.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:00 AM   #28

Apr 2018
Cool Drive

I had the same problem with Drive contacted Sony and they re-added movie but still didn't show. I had the same problem with Friends with Benefits.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:10 AM   #29

Sep 2016

The only code I've been unable to redeem after its expiration date (and refused when I've contacted them later) is Boyhood (Universal). Les Miserables was another one that wouldn't redeem after the expiration but Flixster happily honoured that.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #30

Feb 2011
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom

Just redeemed Kick Ass 2 from Universal that ran out December 2015!!
Toshiba 48U7653DB 48" 4K 3D TV, Sky+ Box, PS3 320 GB, PS4 500 GB with PSVR and WD HD Media Player linked to 1 TB Toshiba hard drive

https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/russelguppy.png
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet