Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Lucy 4K $9.99 (10% claimed)
Now: Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie C… $22.99 (47% claimed)
Now: The Wolf Man: Complete Legacy … $15.99 (5 hours left)
Now: The Magnificent Seven 4K $14.44 (6 hours left)
Now: Date A Live: Season 1 (デ… $16.10 (5 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Day After (Blu-ray)
$19.98
3 hrs ago
I Kill Giants (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

The Naked Gun Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$10.06
7 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Book Club (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Disaster Artist (Blu-ray)
$11.99
5 hrs ago
The Tree of Life (Blu-ray)
$22.89

The Lost City of Z (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Devilman Complete OVA Series (Blu-ray)
$19.29
5 hrs ago
Deadpool 1 + 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet

Old 07-22-2015, 06:27 AM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Shermer, IL
-
-
-

Why do I have a feeling I'm going to waste my time trying this as well.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:32 AM   #22
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Swords View Post
Why do I have a feeling I'm going to waste my time trying this as well.
Because you're going to waste your time trying this.
The night is alive. You can feel the heartbeat.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:41 PM   #23

Jun 2011
Wuhan, China // Leeds, United Kingdom //SteelBooks™:63 Slipcovers:46

Can't believe they are charging for that. DVD upgrades, sure, but Blurays as well? The whole UV thing annoys the hell out of me. A code that expires for no good reason, to make you pay for some transfer service it seems, and (in the UK at least) no unified place to watch the damn things. Stupidity everywhere.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:02 PM   #24

Mar 2013
Default waste of time

I stacked up 15 of my DVDs and a few blurays just to try this disc to digital. Only 3 of them were recognized....
So this is of no help to us with a large european /UK collection :
Old 09-27-2016, 09:48 PM   #25

Jun 2015
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymorfinmike View Post
I asked my Walmart about this process and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Mine too, the guy said they never have had anything Vudu related like dolls and needles. I couldn't believe it. He was dead serious too. I went to another Wally World 2 hours away and they said yes, it's in the photo lab. The guy there said all walmarts have the service even if the employees aren't aware of it. He said most of the stores don't get anyone who comes in to use the service so the employees aren't aware of it.

He also said that Disney will not work since they have their own service, I'm guessing he was referring to the DMA service. I was going to bring 10 in to start but now seeing that you get 50% off if you do it at home, I might get an external BD drive and try it at home first.
Thanks given by:
Evil (09-28-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 09:01 PM   #26

Aug 2016
Korova Milk Bar

The in home D2D is great and I've done hundreds of movies that way. Classics. There are just a hand full of movies beyond 2011 that are in home D2D compatible, but that changes every month. And of course a lot of movies started coming with UV codes inside in 2012. And I have never run across a code that expired.

The in store D2D is a non-starter. As mentioned above most employees have no clue what it is.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:03 AM   #27

Jun 2015
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
The in home D2D is great and I've done hundreds of movies that way. Classics. There are just a hand full of movies beyond 2011 that are in home D2D compatible, but that changes every month. And of course a lot of movies started coming with UV codes inside in 2012. And I have never run across a code that expired.

The in store D2D is a non-starter. As mentioned above most employees have no clue what it is.

Our Walmart doesn't have it at all, I went yesterday and was very disappointed. Looks like it'll be done either at a different Walmart at least an hour drive away or at home if I get an external BD drive. What about the D2D on 3D discs? Do you get the 3D version on digital then or does it not work with 3D discs?
Old 09-30-2016, 12:18 AM   #28

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Home Theater View Post
Our Walmart doesn't have it at all, I went yesterday and was very disappointed. Looks like it'll be done either at a different Walmart at least an hour drive away or at home if I get an external BD drive. What about the D2D on 3D discs? Do you get the 3D version on digital then or does it not work with 3D discs?
I have an external BD drive & it works well on regular blu-rays I don't know if it will do 3d ones tho since I don't have 3d I know for example I have the extended collectors edition of Avatar & it only gave me the original cut & not all 3 versions
Selling (Paypal Only)

Looking for the following

Scandal Season 3 DVD slipcover
Guardians Of The Galaxy 3D blu-ray slipcover
Old 10-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #29

Apr 2009
NY

You will only get the 3D version if it states 3D on the UV sheet with the code on it. So far I have only seen 2 that redeemed as 3D Transylvania and Resident Evil Retribution and I have a couple hundred 3D titles that were redeemed as UV and DMA
Old 12-17-2016, 02:14 AM   #30

Oct 2016

Is there any word on the street about how long the 50 percent off for 10+ disks deal will last?
Old 02-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #31

Feb 2017

Does Vudu D2D conversion only allow you to watch the converted digital versions of the movies on Vudu?

Or, does the Vudu D2D conversion put those digital versions of the movies you convert into your Ultraviolet library so you can watch them on any UV platform (such as Flixster, Fandango, etc)?
Old 02-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #32

Aug 2016
Korova Milk Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeStandMan151 View Post
Does Vudu D2D conversion only allow you to watch the converted digital versions of the movies on Vudu?

Or, does the Vudu D2D conversion put those digital versions of the movies you convert into your Ultraviolet library so you can watch them on any UV platform (such as Flixster, Fandango, etc)?
All D2D through VUDU is supposed to UV. However I had an issue with Wickermen (original). I obtained it through D2D, but no UV, so no porting to other providers.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_pants View Post
Is there any word on the street about how long the 50 percent off for 10+ disks deal will last?
No.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:13 PM   #34
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
It's been around for years now so probably not ending any time soon. The language did disappear for from the promo pics for a while, but I think it was a mistake and they put it back.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:36 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmod20061 View Post
It's been around for years now so probably not ending any time soon. The language did disappear for from the promo pics for a while, but I think it was a mistake and they put it back.
While this is true, it really is just speculation that the discount will continue indefinitely.
Vudu recently shut down Free2d followed by the cart trick, so time will tell.

Bottom line; enjoy the discount while it is here,it probably won't end soon, but it may not last forever.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:14 PM   #36
Power Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
While this is true, it really is just speculation that the discount will continue indefinitely.
Vudu recently shut down Free2d followed by the cart trick, so time will tell.

Bottom line; enjoy the discount while it is here,it probably won't end soon, but it may not last forever.
I used D2D Discount when I was building my Digital Collection, and had a lot of Blu-rays and DVD's to convert. Now if I have one or two, I just go ahead and pay the $2 or $5 rather than wait till I have 10.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:49 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
I used D2D Discount when I was building my Digital Collection, and had a lot of Blu-rays and DVD's to convert. Now if I have one or two, I just go ahead and pay the $2 or $5 rather than wait till I have 10.
I just do mine in spurts, so I always have enough discs for a batch of 10 or more. I just pick 10 or more that I feel like converting because a few of them are on my mind.

Like right now I'm in the mood to convert Wayne's World, among others, so I can easily find a batch to go along with it, which is a fun activity. Heh
Thanks given by:
alchav21 (02-20-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 01:30 AM   #38

Feb 2017

Are there any suggestions on how to get vudu to fix a problem with discs not being recognized by the D2D at home software? For example on the 2 pack of Predator / Predator 2, the vudu D2D at home software recognizes the Predator bluray just fine and will convert successfully but it refuses to recognize the Predator 2 disc. It doesn't say that the disc is not "available" to be converted (e.g. like some Disney movies) but rather it says it cannot recognize the disc. BTW, both discs play fine in the bluray player. It's almost like the gracenote DB is missing an entry for Predator 2, but I find that hard to believe.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:24 AM   #39
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Does Stephen King's It blu-ray work for in-store D2D? It does not get recognized by the home D2D software.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:46 AM   #40
Power Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeStandMan151 View Post
Are there any suggestions on how to get vudu to fix a problem with discs not being recognized by the D2D at home software? For example on the 2 pack of Predator / Predator 2, the vudu D2D at home software recognizes the Predator bluray just fine and will convert successfully but it refuses to recognize the Predator 2 disc. It doesn't say that the disc is not "available" to be converted (e.g. like some Disney movies) but rather it says it cannot recognize the disc. BTW, both discs play fine in the bluray player. It's almost like the gracenote DB is missing an entry for Predator 2, but I find that hard to believe.
That 2 Disc Combo doesn't show up on the Convert DVD's pull down under Services. Predator 2 shows up, but not that Combo so it's not eligible.
Thanks given by:
TreeStandMan151 (03-01-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet