Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
$14.42
Diablo III (PS3)
$35.21
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)
$19.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
WWE 2K15 (PS3)
$59.85
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (PS3)
$35.99
Destiny (PS3)
$49.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
Just Dance 4 (PS3)
$18.99
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)
$24.99
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$25.99
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 03-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default GDC 2013 March 25-29

What could we expect:

More info on PS4

Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment America will host a PlayStation 4 focussed session at GDC 2013 titled, "Overview of PS4 for Developers".
The session's blurb states: "PlayStation 4 just announced in Feb 2013 is the latest console from the makers of PlayStation. This presentation will discuss the technology from a development standpoint as well as from the design side."
The presentation is scheduled to take place on March 27 at 11am in San Francisco.

Battlefield 4 Reveal

EA sent out invites to the press for an event happening on the night of the 26th, as a part of the festivities surrounding GDC 2013. This is not yet confirmed as BF4, but looks very likely to be.
Could well be shown running on PS4 to highlight EA's support for the system and the possibilities of their tech on next gen hardware.

FOX ENGINE and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Gamespot will be live streaming the Fox engine event from GDC March 27th @ 11AM PT

http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/gamespo...eroes-20130327

From the GDC website.

Quote:
On the last day of the early registration deadline, Game Developers Conference 2013 organizers have announced a special lecture from Konami's Hideo Kojima, who will publicly show his division's FOX Engine in detail for the first time, via demonstrations of the development process and workflow behind Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes.
Infamous: Second Son

From the Sucker Punch website. Posted a few weeks ago.

Quote:
We’ll be back in the coming weeks with more details, but until then you’ll find us at @suckerpunchprod, #SecondSon, and http://www.facebook.com/infamous.
What else do you think we could see?
R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.

Last edited by Mavrick; 03-22-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #2

Aug 2009

I would love to see some actual gameplay from Infamous:Second Son.... and Id like to know if it's a Launch title or not
Most Wanted Games

Killzone: Shadowfall -- InFamous: Second Son
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Agreed. Although I hope it's a continuation. I like continuity and after the way Infamous 2 ended, we need an explanation.

Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you would deny it to the entire world. And we will not be denied.
GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

Can't wait for GDC.
Currently: Playing:Wolfenstein The New Order/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition/Metro Redux/Destiny/The Evil Within/Sunset Overdrive
Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

So who will be live streaming this? I'm assuming IGN will be there of course but who else?

Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you would deny it to the entire world. And we will not be denied.
GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Gamespot will be live streaming the Fox engine event from GDC March 27th @ 11AM PT

I'm sure other events will get live streamed too, like the EA/Dice event.

Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

It's almost time.

Mere days before GDC 2013 begins, organizers offer an extensive overview of the event and remind of conference-navigating tools to maximize attendees' experiences, such as the schedule builder and mobile app, and the availability of onsite pass purchases.

GDC 2013 will run Monday, March 25th through Friday, March 29th at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, California.

The event is set to provide a wealth of knowledge, networking and inspiration for game development professionals worldwide, and is centered around more than 500 lectures, panels, tutorials, and roundtable discussions from more than 900 speakers.

Also key to the event are the Independent Games Festival (IGF) and Game Developers Choice Awards (GDCAs) ceremonies, and the most comprehensive Expo floor of its kind, open from Wednesday to Friday and featuring a Career Pavilion, Business Center, and more than 350 exhibitors in total.

The best way to maximize the week of events is to plan ahead for them with the online schedule builder, which can be exported or added to the GDC mobile app. Attendees can also plan their expo routes with the detailed expo floor plan.

The conference begins with a full lineup of summits on Monday, March 25 and Tuesday, March 26 focusing on the emerging trends in a constantly evolving games industry.

These include the Independent Games Summit, Smartphone & Tablet Games Summit, Localization Summit, Artificial Intelligence (AI) Summit, GDC Education Summit, and two summits debuting at San Francisco’s GDC for the first time, the Free-to-Play Design and Business Summit and the Game Narrative Summit.

The GDC Flash Forward event returns for a second year to kick off the Main Conference on Wednesday, March 27. Over 75 Main Conference speakers will take the stage and have a mere 30 seconds to capture attendees’ attention with a brief overview of their session and offer a first-look at the range of sessions taking place Wednesday through Friday.

Also starting on Wednesday, the Classic Game Postmortem series returns, with the original creators taking a close look at the making of their own groundbreaking titles, including Crystal Castles, Myst, Pinball Construction Set and X-COM: UFO Defense.

The IGF and Game Developers Choice Awards will honor the year’s best in gaming at the award ceremony taking place on Wednesday, March 27 at 6:30pm on-site at Moscone West. The GDCAs will recognize 2012’s leading video games across key categories, from Narrative through Innovation and beyond, and over 30 finalists are nominated for the IGF awards, the most prestigious independent video game awards.

Celebrating its 10th anniversary and final year at the GDC is the Game Design Challenge. This year’s edition, “Humanity’s Last Game – The Game Design Challenge Final Championship,” brings together winners from the past on Thursday, March 28 at 11:30am to design the last game humanity ever plays. As is tradition at the Game Design Challenge, the audience will be polled to decide which developer’s concept is the winner.

A host of other on-site happenings will fill the common areas of the Moscone Center from Monday to Friday, including game history exhibits, a ‘board games from video game designers’ playable area, a special retro photo booth for attendees, and an indie game ‘world championships’.

Finally, GDC Play returns after a successful debut last year, with an open exhibition space in Moscone South from Tuesday to Thursday featuring more than 85 emerging game developers. GDC Play provides an opportunity for creators to spotlight their games and connect with leading distributors, publishers, press and investors attending the conference

Those interested in purchasing passes to GDC 2013 may still do so onsite starting Sunday, March 24. For more information on GDC 2013, visit the show's official website, or subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS.

In addition, GDC sister website Gamasutra is covering dozens of sessions and interviews over the entire week as the official news partner of the conference, compiled into a special Gamasutra GDC coverage page, which will be updated regularly starting on Monday morning.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 AM   #8
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Straight from the PlayStation Indie Arcade event at GDC is a list of 25 new indie games coming to PS family.

• Blacklight: Retribution – PlayStation 4
  • Primal Carnage: Genesis – PlayStation 4
  • Ibb & Obb – PlayStation 3
  • Rain – PlayStation 3
  • Sportsfriends (including Johann Sebastian Joust, BaraBariBall, Hokra and Super Pole Riders) – PlayStation 3
  • Divekick – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
  • Dragon Fantasy Book II – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
  • Guacamelee! – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
  • Hotline Miami – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
  • Luftrausers – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
  • Spelunky – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
  • Thomas Was Alone – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
  • Friend Network App – PlayStation Vita
  • Limbo – PlayStation Vita
  • Metrico – PlayStation Vita
  • Velocity Ultra – PlayStation Vita
  • A Virus Named Tom – PlayStation Mobile
  • Beatdown in Treachery City – PlayStation Mobile
  • Crumble – PlayStation Mobile
  • Crystallon – PlayStation Mobile
  • Don’t Wake the Bear – PlayStation Mobile
  • Hermit Crab in Space! – PlayStation Mobile
  • Oh, Deer! – PlayStation Mobile
  • Rymndkapsel – PlayStation Mobile
  • Ten By Eight – PlayStation Mobile

Old 03-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Round up of Day 1 http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...asutra+News%29

Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post

I'm sure other events will get live streamed too, like the EA/Dice event.
10 Mins until stream starts.

GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 03-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #11
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Whoa. Turns out Ground Zeros AND The Phantom Pain are actually MGS5!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #12

Oct 2008

and not ps exclusive..
Old 03-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskinsfan21 View Post
and not ps exclusive..
I don't mind as long as it IS available for PlayStation.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
Whoa. Turns out Ground Zeros AND The Phantom Pain are actually MGS5!
I know, I was surprised by that too. Pretty cool! But only Phantom Pain has MGS5 in the title while Ground Zeroes doesn't. I assume Ground Zeroes comes out before Phantom Pain does.

GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 03-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #15
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3-Playb3yond View Post
I know, I was surprised by that too. Pretty cool! But only Phantom Pain has MGS5 in the title while Ground Zeroes doesn't. I assume Ground Zeroes comes out before Phantom Pain does.
Unless Metal Gear Solid 5 will get an altogether different name and both components will be part of MGS5.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #16
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3-Playb3yond View Post
It's one game. Just one part will be a prologue like the Tanker Level in MGS2.

"'Ground Zeroes' is a prologue of 'MGSV'," he explained. "9 years after that event will be 'The Phantom Pain'. MGSV is constructed w/ prologue and main game 'TPP'. The game play demo I presented today is the opening of 'TPP' which is tutorial that starts from crawling."

Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
It's one game. Just one part will be a prologue like the Tanker Level in MGS2.

"'Ground Zeroes' is a prologue of 'MGSV'," he explained. "9 years after that event will be 'The Phantom Pain'. MGSV is constructed w/ prologue and main game 'TPP'. The game play demo I presented today is the opening of 'TPP' which is tutorial that starts from crawling."
You mean on one disc?

GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #18
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

yes just like mgs2 and mgs3 had their prologue on the same disc. at least that's how I understood it from the way kojima explained it.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #19
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

actually konami have contradicted everything kojima said yesterday

[Update:*Contrary to what Kojima said during the GDC panel today, Konami has confirmed with Joystiq that*Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes*and*Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain*are indeed separate games.]

Old 03-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
actually konami have contradicted everything kojima said yesterday

[Update:*Contrary to what Kojima said during the GDC panel today, Konami has confirmed with Joystiq that*Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes*and*Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain*are indeed separate games.]
That's what I thought originally. Two separate games that make up one big game. This was probably lost in translation. lol!

Now that the Fox Engine is behind us, what else interesting is happening at GDC? Any news on Infamous: Second Son?

GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3