Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Continuum: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole / Hugo (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Da Vinci's Demons: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Grindhouse (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Bates Motel: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rushmore (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Darjeeling Limited (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 02-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #921
Special Member

Apr 2011
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. View Post
Not much to go on here. This is an eighties animated movie. Bout this guy who rides around in a spaceship. Picks up this kid and tries to help him. The kids family and people I think live under ground and are forced to work. Think if the kid doesn't do what the rulers tell him to they will kill his people. Can't remember the name of this any help is appreciated.
Starchaser?

Thanks given by:
L.J. (02-04-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #922
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalm_7 View Post
Looking for an 80's/very early 90's film. Rented on vhs and was in video store when split second and tc2000 were similar in time. People went out in the woods to have paintball like game but seems like the rounds were replaced with true ammo. Female character went into outhouse in scene and character choked her or cut her throat. It was an older cast. People suggested master blaster but not that. Any help would've awesome

Also is there a good database of vhs box covers? I rented so many films that I can only recall box art for
Even though it doesn't quite match the description, you should look into Storm (1987) as a possibility. That, Masterblaster, and TAG: Assassination Game are my guesses.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Movies for sale (includes a few brand new Criterions)
Thanks given by:
thecalm_7 (02-04-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 09:47 PM   #923
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayersCouncil View Post
Thank you thats it.
Every man Dies, not every man really lives.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:50 PM   #924

Oct 2014

The ship in that Star Chaser trailer reminds me a bit of Serenity.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:00 PM   #925

Oct 2012

Looking for a movie I have vague memories of from when I was a kid, either late 80's or early 90's. All I recall is a dark suburban neighborhood and a woman wearing glasses is shot while on the road that goes through the neighborhood or in one of the yards. We don't actually see the shot, just her hand falling and her glasses with a hole in them, apparently being shot in the eye. It's stuck with me all these years, but not much to go on.
BD Wants: The Initiation of Sarah (78), Jack's Back (88), The Hitcher (86), The Rapture (90), Next of Kin (82), Sauna (08), Scream for Help (84), Edge of the Axe (88), Endangered Species (82), Dear Dead Delilah (72), The Dark Side of the Moon (90), Highway to Hell (91), Eyes of Fire (83), Screams of a Winter Night (79), Heart of Midnight (88), Mirage (90), The Ghost Dance (80), House of Death (82), Fatal Games (84), Psycho from Texas (75), Burned at the Stake (81), Transformations (88)
Old 02-05-2015, 01:21 PM   #926
Power Member

Apr 2014
Australia

I think this movie is from the 90s. So a guy ends up staying with a couple and they live in the woods. I think his car broke down and they let him stay with them until he storm cleared. The main guy has sex with the wife but I don't think she loves her husband because he might be abusive but I can't remember. I think he attacks them when he finds out but they manage to kill him.
Nicolas Cage is a gift to this world.
A glimpse into the mind of Nicolas Cage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEw5W03G20A
Old 02-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #927
Special Member

Apr 2011
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. View Post
Thank you thats it.
Sweet! I finally got one right!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #928

Feb 2015
Default What movie?

I saw a movie approx 10 years ago on HBO or Cinemax.
Initially, I thought it was a movie dealing with The Manhattan Project, but after looking at related movies, am no longer sure.

From what I remember, a Lt. Col is assigned to command a base in the desert for a top secret project. His wife is not impressed with the housing is it is quite run down. At one point she questions why they selected a light colonel if the project is so important (She doesn't know what they are really working on).

I though the Lt. Colonel was possibly played by David Strathairn, or someone like him, but I did not see anything that looked correct on IMDB. he does have a Manhattan Project movie, but plays one of the scientist.

I had no luck with Google.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2015, 10:28 PM   #929
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusL View Post
I think this movie is from the 90s. So a guy ends up staying with a couple and they live in the woods. I think his car broke down and they let him stay with them until he storm cleared. The main guy has sex with the wife but I don't think she loves her husband because he might be abusive but I can't remember. I think he attacks them when he finds out but they manage to kill him.
Probably wrong, but could it be a Tales From The Crypt episode? Specifically "Three's A Crowd"?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Movies for sale (includes a few brand new Criterions)
Old 02-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #930

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Aficionado View Post
What I am looking for is a Hollywood movie from the 60s (maybe even late 50s). Its a historical movie. Setting is the anglo-spanish war or at least the time period around it. I remember ships or naval conflict (sea blockade?) playing a role as well as spanish royalty. Story wise I dont remember much unfortunately. I recollect some sort of ambush during the night and a romantic plotline. I know not much. I already looked into movies set during this time, but I couldnt find the one I am looking for. There can't be that many can there?
This doesn't have anything involving Spanish Royalty or an Anglo-Spanish war, but otherwise it kind of sounds like "The Sand Pebbles" starring Steve McQueen.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:08 AM   #931
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayersCouncil View Post
great movie, have that recorded on VHS, hopefully this sees the light of day on Blu-ray.
# L L A P
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies