Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Continuum: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole / Hugo (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Da Vinci's Demons: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Grindhouse (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Bates Motel: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rushmore (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Darjeeling Limited (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #15341

Nov 2010
Plainfield, IL
Thumbs up

Does anyone know what time the promo starts? Like right at 12:00AM?

Thank You.
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #15342
Special Member

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWilliams85 View Post
Does anyone know what time the promo starts? Like right at 12:00AM?

Thank You.
4:00 pm Eastern on Wednesday.
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM   #15343

Nov 2010
Plainfield, IL
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames. View Post
4:00 pm Eastern on Wednesday.
Reading > Me

Thank You!
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM   #15344
Special Member

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
And you can sell THAT one on Ebay to cover the costs of the five titles you'll be ordering.
Not quite, IMO, but probably three of them. Tom's sig is getting way too common to be worth that much, and actually a sealed copy untouched might be worth more (which are going for between $65 and $85).

I would rather have just his sig because at least I know they will be limited to just 100 copies or so. The whole cast sig edition that he's hawking for $150 is barely moving and I think a part of that reason is that they are not limited at all. They would sign all 5000 copies if people paid the $75 to send their sleeves in.
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #15345

May 2013
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
One is collectible, the other is not
They're only collectible if enough people are foolish enough to collect them, but I guess that's how The Franklin Mint stays in business. Me, I don't collect blu rays. I collect movies.
Current pre-orders:
02/10/2015: Far From the Madding Crowd (yes, my pre-order is on back-order)
03/03/2015: MGM Musicals Collection
03/24/2015: Vincent and Theo
04/14/2015: Sullivan's Travels, Imitation of Life
04/28/2015: Convoy
05/05/2015: Anchors Aweigh, On the Town
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #15346
Special Member

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcherman View Post
They're only collectible if enough people are foolish enough to collect them, but I guess that's how The Franklin Mint stays in business. Me, I don't collect blu rays. I collect movies.
The TT version also has a lot of extras, and many people value that, even if you don't. And some people would rather support U.S. releases than give money to other countries, even if you don't care about that. Whether you think it's foolish is your choice. But to me a fool is one who doesn't understand why other people don't think and act like they do.
Thanks given by:
AKORIS (Yesterday), schlock (Yesterday), spawningblue (Yesterday), StingingVelvet (Today), Widescreenfilmguy (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #15347

Jan 2012

I'd like to try for the free promo (I still have the original release and didn't bother with the 30th anniversary edition, but to have it with the signature would be kind of cool)...but I don't know that I can realistically afford this much of an expense.

We shall see come Wednesday...
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #15348
Expert Member

Apr 2011
The hurricane state

So, out of curiosity, how does these promos work?

I have five TT titles currently on cart (matching the minimum initial price). Will the signed copy pop up in the cat as soon as it's available, or do I have to remove one from the cart, add the title again and THEN the signed copy appears in the cart?
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM   #15349

Nov 2010
Mexico

Quote:
The TT version also has a lot of extras, and many people value that, even if you don't. And some people would rather support U.S. releases than give money to other countries, even if you don't care about that. Whether you think it's foolish is your choice. But to me a fool is one who doesn't understand why other people don't think and act like they do.
I Think he was referring to the guy that had to purchase it at $80, that money just went to the re-seller pocket, i think the idea of supporting US releases would be to give money to the companies, not reselling their products at higher prices, although this practice at worse could only be seen as morally wrong since i don't think they have ever imposed a 1 per customer restriction, unless there are very few left.

Last edited by pedromvu; Yesterday at 07:15 PM.
Thanks given by:
Mystic (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #15350

Apr 2011
NY

Any specs on Zardoz? I'm curious if the original 4.0 mix was found.
Samsung 55" OLED KN55S9C
Marantz SR7009,
Oppo BDP-103
11.2 System w/Clark Synthesis TST429 Platinum Tactile Transducer, Mirage Speakers (7) OMD-5, (2) Nanosat® Prestige for Atmos
Axiom Subwoofer EP600
X-Box One, WiiU
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #15351

May 2013
Rhode Island

Quote:
Oh, believe me, I've long ago come to accept the fact that my opinion is often in the minority; I'm not foolish enough to assume that I am always right and the rest of the world is wrong. I was unaware that the latest TT version of Fright Night included copious extras. I'm so used to TT releases only having the isolated score track as an extra. I can understand why a fan of Fright Night would be willing to pay $$$ for those extras, so I apologize for my somewhat cavalier put-down.

If I were a fan of Fright Night (I'm not), I might be willing to pay extra for the extras. All things being equal, however, I am looking to get the best PQ for the best price, even if it means sometimes shopping globally. It's less important to me what's on the outside of the blu ray case than what's on the inside.
Current pre-orders:
02/10/2015: Far From the Madding Crowd (yes, my pre-order is on back-order)
03/03/2015: MGM Musicals Collection
03/24/2015: Vincent and Theo
04/14/2015: Sullivan's Travels, Imitation of Life
04/28/2015: Convoy
05/05/2015: Anchors Aweigh, On the Town

Last edited by belcherman; Yesterday at 08:10 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #15352
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2013
The Ocean State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herry Dunston View Post

I have five TT titles currently on cart (matching the minimum initial price). Will the signed copy pop up in the cat as soon as it's available, or do I have to remove one from the cart, add the title again and THEN the signed copy appears in the cart?
The signed promo will become available at 4:00 PM. Just have the rest of the items loaded in your cart prior, then add the promo once it's posted. A lot of people recommend having your credit card info already filed and paying by such, as apparently people can still buy the item out from under you until the PayPal process is completed. I guess it depends on how fast the item is expected to move. Some have been a slight bit slower than others since they moved these offers from the preorder dates.
”Always leave boiled rice out for mice and keep lamps dark out of pity for moths.” The ancients had this sort of concern, and it’s really the whole point of life, generation after generation. Without it, one can only be called a blockheaded carcass. - H.Z.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. - T.P.
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #15353
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

I do not mind buying 5-6 titles to get the autographed Fright Night...I have blazzing Internet Speed and I tried to get in the initial popular promotions. However, SAE crashed during the checkout process mutiple times. I got so frustrated that I have not tried since. I promised myself to take it easy this time around.
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM   #15354
Power Member

Jun 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herry Dunston View Post

The signed promo will pop up on the Screen Archives webpage as a separate release. On the front page, if you scroll down to the Twilight Time tab you'll be able to see the front cover of the blu-ray with a banner across it saying something like "Signed Promo" (I can't remember the exact wording). You just add that to your cart with all your other orders (log in early and double-check to make sure they're still there) and then proceed with your checkout. The signed promo of Fright Night will be displayed as such on your order with $0.00 as the price. If by the time you've checked out, you no longer see it on your order summary, you're SOL because it's already sold out in the meantime (and yes, that's happened to a lot of folks on here including me and I've had to go back and tell them to cancel all that other stuff I've ordered).
My blu-ray wishlist Top 10: 1) The Day Of The Jackal 2) The Road To Wellville 3) The Pink Panther Series 4) The original Sleuth 5) True Lies 6) Danger Diabolik 7) Fletch Lives 8) The Parallax View 9) Popeye 10) Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #15355

Apr 2014
Stratford, CT

Nah, that one will be a keeper...it will be my second autographed copy. The Front is my other....

I'm typically selling my DVDs on eBay to get the money to buy their Blu-ray versions.
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM   #15356
Power Member

Jun 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
I do not mind buying 5-6 titles to get the autographed Fright Night...I have blazzing Internet Speed and I tried to get in the initial popular promotions. However, SAE crashed during the checkout process mutiple times. I got so frustrated that I have not tried since.
I know this is going to be a feeding frenzy so I'm sitting this one out. I already have the film on blu so there's no real interest for me there. I'd rather wait until something that's going to have less demand comes out. When I got the signed copy of Under Fire I was able to take my time and choose carefully which titles I wanted to buy! Plus, I'm waiting to see the reviews of the Bounty to see if it's worth replacing my French import, not to mention waiting for Zardoz. Hopefully, next month's promo will be of more interest to me. Maybe a promo of Lenny signed by Kitty Bruce.
My blu-ray wishlist Top 10: 1) The Day Of The Jackal 2) The Road To Wellville 3) The Pink Panther Series 4) The original Sleuth 5) True Lies 6) Danger Diabolik 7) Fletch Lives 8) The Parallax View 9) Popeye 10) Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #15357
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
I know this is going to be a feeding frenzy so I'm sitting this one out. I already have the film on blu so there's no real interest for me there. I'd rather wait until something that's going to have less demand comes out. When I got the signed copy of Under Fire I was able to take my time and choose carefully which titles I wanted to buy! Plus, I'm waiting to see the reviews of the Bounty to see if it's worth replacing my French import, not to mention waiting for Zardoz. Hopefully, next month's promo will be of more interest to me. Maybe a promo of Lenny signed by Kitty Bruce.
There're a bunch of TT titles I still want so I am good there. I will probably keep my order even if I miss out on the promo
Old Today, 03:26 AM   #15358
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcherman View Post
Oh, believe me, I've long ago come to accept the fact that my opinion is often in the minority; I'm not foolish enough to assume that I am always right and the rest of the world is wrong. I was unaware that the latest TT version of Fright Night included copious extras. I'm so used to TT releases only having the isolated score track as an extra. I can understand why a fan of Fright Night would be willing to pay $$$ for those extras, so I apologize for my somewhat cavalier put-down.

If I were a fan of Fright Night (I'm not), I might be willing to pay extra for the extras. All things being equal, however, I am looking to get the best PQ for the best price, even if it means sometimes shopping globally. It's less important to me what's on the outside of the blu ray case than what's on the inside.
I wouldn't pay $100 for it now, but I am glad I got it for $30 then.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors