Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pokémon: The Movies 1-3 Collection: Pokémon: The First Movie / Pokémon: The Movie 2000 / Pokémon 3: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Scrooged (Blu-ray)
$11.73
Top Gun (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Blood and Black Lace (Blu-ray)
$28.32
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$9.90
Scarface (Blu-ray)
$12.77
Hard Core Logo/Hard Core Logo 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.99
A Christmas Story (Blu-ray)
$24.98
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (Blu-ray)
$29.98
Shaun of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (Blu-ray)
$15.49
Wrath of the Titans (Blu-ray)
$13.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #1521
dfoles dfoles is offline
Special Member
 
dfoles's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
134
2
9
Default

What about internal art? I assume both versions are cheap US releases without inside artwork.
Shipped:
Preordered: Big Hero 6 (Blufans box)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:45 AM   #1522
Edword Edword is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Edword's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
SoCal, CA
449
65
141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoles View Post
What about internal art? I assume both versions are cheap US releases without inside artwork.
I haven't seen the inside of the new ones personally, but I doubt they'll have inside artwork.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #1523
eagleskins eagleskins is offline
Member
 
Apr 2011
Charleston, SC
Default

Are these at $9.99 anywhere anymore?
Mark it 8, Dude.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #1524
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
2938
193
92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
Are these at $9.99 anywhere anymore?
I just received an email, over the weekend from WBshop.com and they are all $9.99 there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #1525
Xander Crews Xander Crews is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2009
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I just received an email, over the weekend from WBshop.com and they are all $9.99 there.
Today (7.22) is the last day of the WB sale...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #1526
wjasoncul wjasoncul is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
wjasoncul's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA
3776
108
177
1
71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I just received an email, over the weekend from WBshop.com and they are all $9.99 there.
Coupons were posted in the SteelBook deal thread to get them even lower

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2126
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #1527
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
2938
193
92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
Coupons were posted in the SteelBook deal thread to get them even lower

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2126
Nice! A shame I already got the ones I wanted at WM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #1528
Whirlygig Whirlygig is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Whirlygig's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
HD-DVD: 352
5
2745
737
5
Default

Note to all, the new version of Batman Begins is apparently released in Canada with the same UPC as the original Canadian cover.

This means if, like me, you go to Amazon.ca and try to order the original you will instead get the new one.

At first they wanted me to return it with their pre-paid label and they would send another, but obviously it will just be the same thing so that won't help. Plus their label apparently won't work from the US to Canada. So they just let me keep it and gave me a refund.

Now I still have to find somewhere to buy the original Canadian w/inside art to complete my collection of 2 steels per Nolan Batman film.

Since shipping to the US from Amazon.ca is redonkulous, I threw in Hanna, Polar Express, and Piranha steels to make it worth my while. And right as it shipped BB dropped in price so I had them do a partial refund right away. Now they are apparently going to refund me the original price, despite me pointing this out to them.... so at least there's that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #1529
Paul.R.S Paul.R.S is offline
Power Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Hollywood, California
151
45
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
Now I still have to find somewhere to buy the original Canadian w/inside art . . .
Why not just e-mail a few Amazon Marketplace merchants in Canada and ask which release they have? Looking at feedback and their inventory, one can usually discern who the boutiques and fellow collectors are.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:53 PM   #1530
HanShotFirst HanShotFirst is offline
Active Member
 
HanShotFirst's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Orlando, FL, U.S.A. (Working in Kuwait)
Default

Was at the nearest Wal-Mart to me this morning, and in their 7.88 blu-ray bin were over a dozen of these particular titles from two years ago in there...

Green Lantern
The Hangover
The Hangover Part II

Also saw a few for Sucker Punch, Inception, and Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows. All that I viewed looked to be in mint condition as well. For those of you who never got around to getting these, or are new to blu-ray steels, check out your nearest WM...
CONTENT(Original theatrical cut, plus any alternate cuts/deleted scenes) > SteelBooks > MetalBoxes > MetalPaks > Amarays > DigiBooks > DigiPaks > Any packaging w/slipcovers:)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:08 PM   #1531
Smigro Smigro is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Montgomery county, PA
3
817
11
15
110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanShotFirst View Post
Was at the nearest Wal-Mart to me this morning, and in their 7.88 blu-ray bin were over a dozen of these particular titles from two years ago in there...

Green Lantern
The Hangover
The Hangover Part II

Also saw a few for Sucker Punch, Inception, and Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows. All that I viewed looked to be in mint condition as well. For those of you who never got around to getting these, or are new to blu-ray steels, check out your nearest WM...
I was just BB and they have a lot of these out again also.
Panasonic TC-P50G25 THX - Onkyo TX-NR1008 THX - Oppo BDP83 (region free) - 120G PS3 slim - XBone - PS4 - eD[c]12 LCR - Rythmik FV15HP

HOUSE BUYING FIRE SALE
My FS/trade thread (Blufans, steelbooks, UV codes, 3D discs and more)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:54 PM   #1532
spacemonkay spacemonkay is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2015
1
Default

I just wanted Departed for 8$
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:56 PM   #1533
garyd97 garyd97 is offline
Senior Member
 
garyd97's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
98
35
Default

Has anybody found any of these that are actually in good condition?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #1534
Flo25 Flo25 is offline
Member
 
Flo25's Avatar
 
Oct 2015
San Diego, Ca
227
63
339
100
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd97 View Post
Has anybody found any of these that are actually in good condition?
Only one walmart I knew of had these steels (a lot of them, same titles)

I spent almost an hour in there going over all the damaged out steels. I got 6 of as near mint as I could.

I went back to the same walmart a week later. And all the Steels were gone, I asked and no one had any idea of what I was talking about. I searched the whole store, nothing.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #1535
Brian81 Brian81 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Brian81's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
2
Default

I needed a filler item with the Zavvi sale and ordered 'Gran Torino'. I knew it had inside art on the UK release, and my US BBY one didn't have inside art. Little did I know that the UK release is ALSO debosseed! It looks much nicer than the US case. Does anyone know if there's any others like this, with embossing, debossing, etc...with the same exterior art as the BBY ones (which I picked up, where I liked the art obviously). I did notice a thread about 'V For Vendetta' where the original CA steel had art (like the rest of the CA ones), but the spine is a little different...where WHV had the BD logo running horizontally rather than vertically. Apparently WHV changed the way they do these worldwide, as everything I've seen regardless of country has it placed vertically along with the title and everything else. Only exception being the 3D discs. Even some of the Limited Edition CA ones I have, have the BD logo vertical (Blade Runner, Full Metal Jacket, Heat).
Wanted:
Warner Bros UK 90th Anniversary slipcover: 'A Clockwork Orange'
Criterion: 'The Third Man' Digipak (do NOT need discs or booklets)
Studio Canal Collection Nordic Edition slipcovers for digibook releases
Disney UK 3D slipcover for 'Frozen'

Last edited by Brian81; 03-22-2016 at 04:17 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:18 PM   #1536
wjasoncul wjasoncul is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
wjasoncul's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA
3776
108
177
1
71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 View Post
I needed a filler item with the Zavvi sale and ordered 'Gran Torino'. I knew it had inside art on the UK release, and my US BBY one didn't have inside art. Little did I know that the UK release is ALSO debosseed! It looks much nicer than the US case. Does anyone know if there's any others like this, with embossing, debossing, etc...with the same exterior art as the BBY ones (which I picked up, where I liked the art obviously). I did notice a thread about 'V For Vendetta' where the original CA steel had art (like the rest of the CA ones), but the spine is a little different...where WHV had the BD logo running horizontally rather than vertically. Apparently WHV changed the way they do these worldwide, as everything I've seen regardless of country has it placed vertically along with the title and everything else. Only exception being the 3D discs.
War of the Worlds and Desperado are two that spring to mind. I'm sure there are a lot more though
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 PM.