Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Knight Rider: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.27
Aliens (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Waxwork / Waxwork II: Lost in Time (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Girlfriend Experience: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Pete's Dragon (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Suicide Squad 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Legend of Tarzan 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 03-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #3321
Power Member

Aug 2013
-

Would anyone in this thread be interested in participating in a list/poll/survey of the best foreign/independent films of the year (much like the Blu-ray.com Community Top 25 Films thread)? I assume the members in this forum would be most susceptible to the idea of highlighting the films that are often overlooked each year in favor of the major studio films. I just wanted to gauge if there is any interest in doing something like this for next year, otherwise I won't bother? Thanks!
Thanks given by:
spiffnme (05-23-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 10:33 PM   #3322

May 2014

Hi All!

Is there any updates on any future REDEMPTION releases? Rollin/Franco/Walker...etc?

I heard about 3 Francos that were going to be released and hope its true!
Old 03-30-2016, 03:34 AM   #3323
Expert Member

Oct 2012
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieDingle View Post
Hi All!

Is there any updates on any future REDEMPTION releases? Rollin/Franco/Walker...etc?

I heard about 3 Francos that were going to be released and hope its true!
I could swear I saw a picture posted somewhere on Facebook earlier today about a Redemption release for June but can't remember what the title was and I can't find the post

Aha! http://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Blu-ra...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited by sethdlh; 03-30-2016 at 03:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 PM   #3324

May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethdlh View Post
I could swear I saw a picture posted somewhere on Facebook earlier today about a Redemption release for June but can't remember what the title was and I can't find the post

Aha! http://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Blu-ra...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thank you so much!!!
Old 04-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #3325
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

I noticed the film The Devil's Kiss is avaiable on Amazon prime thru Redemption. Any chance this would come out on BLU-Ray format?
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Denon X7200WA, Rotel-1582 mkll
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15, EM-R Oppo BDP-103 Region Free, Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 04-09-2016, 01:55 AM   #3326
Power Member

Apr 2007
Oxford, MS, USA
-
-

A few Kino pick ups from the recent Deep Discount sale.

Thanks given by:
oildude (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 04:09 AM   #3327

Dec 2009
With the Ale and Quail Club on a train to Palm Beach

MisterLime, if you are visiting this thread, I really wish Kino would bring back the awesome slipboxes, at least for the silent films and older classics. I always liked the Kino slipboxes. They were well made and looked great on the shelf.
Twilight Time Release Schedule Thread

The Samuel Fuller on Blu-ray Thread

"The last time a man opened the door for me, we were going 60 miles an hour" - Christa, Dead Pigeon on Beethoven Street (1973)
Thanks given by:
jayembee (04-09-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 03:12 AM   #3328

May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
I noticed the film The Devil's Kiss is avaiable on Amazon prime thru Redemption. Any chance this would come out on BLU-Ray format?
That would be AWESOME!!

I would love to see some more Franco Releases too! DRACULA'S DAUGHTER and 3 or so more they were rumored to be releasing in the future!
Old 04-15-2016, 05:10 PM   #3329

Mar 2013

Did Duel at Diablo really come with a slip case? I've never seen a copy sold with one on eBay.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #3330
Special Member

May 2013
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Times Chaney View Post
Did Duel at Diablo really come with a slip case? I've never seen a copy sold with one on eBay.
I don't think any of the Kino Lorber Studio Classics have ever had slip cases. Some of the Kino Classics (confused, yet?) titles have had slip cases.
Current pre-orders:
10/04/2016: Mr. Deeds Goes to Town
10/11/2016: McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Glengarry Glen Ross
10/18/2016: The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection, The Laughing Policeman
--
You can have my blu rays when you pry them loose from my cold, dead fingers.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:16 AM   #3331

Mar 2013

In which category does Duel at Diablo belong? Is it a Kino Classic or Kino Lorber Studio Classics?
Old 04-16-2016, 06:36 AM   #3332
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
In which category does Duel at Diablo belong? Is it a Kino Classic or Kino Lorber Studio Classics?
It's a Kino Lorber Studio Classic title.

Anyway, belcherman is correct. None of the KLSC titles have had slipcases or sleeves. Some (but not all) of the Kino International/Kino Classic titles have, as have some (but not all) of the Lorber Films/Kino Lorber titles.

To attempt to straighten out what's what, these are the following imprints that Kino Lorber uses:

"Kino Lorber" (formerly "Lorber Films") tend to be more recent films, although the Scorpion/Walt Olsen-recommend titles appear under this imprint. There generally isn't any kind of imprint banner or logo on these titles.

"Kino Classics" (formerly "Kino International") tend to be older films, both American and foreign, with some scattering of more recent films. They generally have a banner/logo on the cover (see drb124's image above for examples).

"Kino Lorber Studio Classics" was an imprint started when Kino licensed a boatload of older American films from MGM's catalog (since expanded to include 20th Century Fox films).

"Redemption Films" is an imprint specializing in European horror films.

"Jezebel Films" is an imprint specializing in older (1960s/1970s) racy films.

"Horizon Movies" is an imprint for selected independent films.
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.
List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP

In memory of my sister, Beej: April 15, 1944 - August 25, 2015. A movie fan to the last.

Last edited by jayembee; 04-16-2016 at 06:49 AM.
Thanks given by:
Knaldskalle (04-16-2016), Se.Vero (08-20-2016)
Old 04-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #3333

Mar 2013

Thank you! So Blu-ray.com is full of sh!te regarding Duel at Diablo then, since it lists it to have a slip case
Old 04-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #3334
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Thank you! So Blu-ray.com is full of sh!te regarding Duel at Diablo then, since it lists it to have a slip case
I never noticed that. Yes, that entry is wrong in that respect. And technically, it says that it has a "slip cover" rather than a slipcase. Most people probably don't distinguish between the two, but to me, a slipcase is a box open at one side that the the disc cases slide into (like most box sets) and a slipcover is what I call a "sleeve": the cardboard sleeve open at the top and bottom that a lot of new releases come in.

Kino has used both kinds with their Kino Classics and Kino Lorber imprints.
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.
List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP

In memory of my sister, Beej: April 15, 1944 - August 25, 2015. A movie fan to the last.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:09 PM   #3335

Dec 2009
With the Ale and Quail Club on a train to Palm Beach

Quote:
I wouldn't put it so harshly. All entries in the database are user submitted. You could, for example, go correct the entry yourself if you know it to be in error and submit it for site approval. All you need is to note why the change is required.

I have done this for you. Thanks for pointing out the error.
Twilight Time Release Schedule Thread

The Samuel Fuller on Blu-ray Thread

"The last time a man opened the door for me, we were going 60 miles an hour" - Christa, Dead Pigeon on Beethoven Street (1973)
Thanks given by:
John_Drake (05-12-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #3336

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
I never noticed that. Yes, that entry is wrong in that respect. And technically, it says that it has a "slip cover" rather than a slipcase. Most people probably don't distinguish between the two, but to me, a slipcase is a box open at one side that the the disc cases slide into (like most box sets) and a slipcover is what I call a "sleeve": the cardboard sleeve open at the top and bottom that a lot of new releases come in.

Kino has used both kinds with their Kino Classics and Kino Lorber imprints.
Very interesting stuff. This is just your take on it? I've always lumped them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildude View Post
I wouldn't put it so harshly. All entries in the database are user submitted. You could, for example, go correct the entry yourself if you know it to be in error and submit it for site approval. All you need is to note why the change is required.

I have done this for you. Thanks for pointing out the error.
Sorry, my bad. I should have written the ENTRY on Blu-ray.com is full of sh!te. I've edited stuff once or twice myself.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:22 PM   #3337
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

KINO LORBER LAUNCHES SILK ROAD CINEMA

http://www.screendaily.com/festivals...ontentID=44435

Quote:
Kino Lorber is launching a theatrical distribution label, Silk Road Cinema, dedicated to award-winning arthouse films from India, Pakistan and the rest of South Asia.

The US distributor is partnering with New York and Mumbai-based independent director-producer Shrihari Sathe to curate the collection and collaborate on distribution strategy.

Silk Road Cinema will release around six titles a year throughout North America, in theatres and across all other platforms including DVD and VOD, starting with five titles acquired by Sathe and Alan McAlex’s 3 Monkeys.

The five titles include Afia Nathaniel’s Dukhtar and Geetu Mohandas’ Liar’s Dice, which were Pakistan and India’s submissions respectively to the 87th Academy Awards; 1000 Rupee Note [pictured], directed and produced by Sathe; Avinash Arun’s Killa, which won a Crystal Bear at Berlin in 2014; and award-winning drama Harud, directed by Aamir Bashir.

Sathe, who met Richard Lorber when he was a juror for New York’s South Asian International Film Festival, will be actively seeking new South Asian titles at Cannes with the Kino Lorber team.

Kino Lorber’s Wendy Lidell, who will oversee Silk Road’s theatrical releases, will also be in Cannes.

“As a festival juror for South Asian films, my eyes were opened to the sophistication and originality of many talented emerging filmmakers who have been overshadowed by cliché driven dominance of Bollywood,” said Lorber.

“These are international arthouse films in the best sense and deserve wider exposure at prestige festivals, arthouse theatres and in all media for smart, adventurous film lovers.”

Sathe said: “These locally-rooted arthouse films have global emotions and via Kino Lorber’s established distribution network we plan to bring these films to audiences hungry for content from both emerging and established filmmakers.
Pro-B
Thanks given by:
Edward J Grug III (05-13-2016), Knaldskalle (05-15-2016), nekelstal (05-13-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 08:33 PM   #3338
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Arabian Nights Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B
Thanks given by:
oildude (05-21-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 04:34 AM   #3339
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Rabin: The Last Day Blu-ray PRE-ORDER

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19097

Quote:
Kino Lorber has officially announced and detailed its upcoming Blu-ray release of director Amos Gitai's Rabin: The Last Day. The release will be available for purchase on June 28.

Synopsis: On the evening of Saturday, November 4th, 1995, Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated with three bullets at the end of a political rally in the center of Tel-Aviv. His killer, apprehended at the scene, was a 25-year-old student (and observant Jew). The following investigation reveals a frightening world that made this killing possible: a subculture of hate fueled by hysterical rhetoric, paranoia and political intrigue.

In Rabin: The Last Day, acclaimed filmmaker Amos Gitai (Kadosh) masterfully combines staged re-enactments with actual news footage of the shooting (and its aftermath) to create a thought-provoking political thriller with ongoing relevance today.

The film was an Official Selection of the Toronto International Film Festival, won the Golden Mouse and Human Rights Nights Awards at the Venice Film Festival, and also won the Special Jury Award at the Seville European Film Festival.
Pro-B
Old 06-17-2016, 11:37 PM   #3340
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

OPENS TODAY AT THE METROGRAPH IN NEW YORK CITY

Quote:
Synopsis: The late Andrzej Zulawski's final film, a literary adaptation suffused with his trademark freneticism, transforms Polish writer Witold Gombrowicz's novel of the same name into an ominous and manic exploration of desire.

Witold who has just failed the bar, and his companion Fuchs, who has recently quit his fashion job, are staying at a guesthouse run by the intermittently paralytic Madame Woytis. Upon discovering a sparrow hanged in the woods near the house, Witold's reality mutates into a whirlwind of tension, histrionics, foreboding omens, and surrealistic logic as he becomes obsessed with Madame Woytis's daughter Lena, newly married to Lucien.

Pro-B
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors