Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.07
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 03-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #5801
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMan28 View Post
This always comes across as weird to me because I figure the best and easiest way to ensure uniformity is to not have slipcovers on any Blu's. All my slipcovers go into a box for safekeeping until such time as I can re-create my old slipcover shop in the trading forum that was taken out by Hurricane Site Crash last year.
Ah man I remember that. I lost my "top contributor" star which I got for making a bunch of submissions to the site during that time period; they all got deleted Not to mention everyone's trade threads that got set back so everyone started PMing each other making offers on stuff that was long gone
Old 03-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #5802

Mar 2012
West Virginia

I purchased Saving Mr. Banks and Frozen through their Buy One Get One Half Off promotion. I paid $24.95 for Frozen and $14.97 for Saving Mr. Banks. The items are shown as shipped, but have not given me an update on my commitment status. I'm assuming it may take a few more days?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #5803

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanderson88 View Post
yeah, it sucks, but the Ghibli titles are worth waiting for.
Hmmm, I bet this may be what is holding mine up. I ordered a couple as well and am waiting since the 2nd....
Old 03-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #5804
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level

Hey guys, haven't done this in a while and don't want to go thru every post again. Is the info in the OP still accurate? Anything I need to know to start another deal? TIA.
Wait a minute, we were stuck in a blender and now we're saving lives? WHAT?!?!

deltasun's sell/trade thread; FS: Ride Along (BD+DVD), Kick Ass 2 (BD+DVD), Out of the Furnace, Red 2 (BD+DVD) - $10 ea.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #5805

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
Hey guys, haven't done this in a while and don't want to go thru every post again. Is the info in the OP still accurate? Anything I need to know to start another deal? TIA.
OP still accurate. Two additions:

1) You probably already know this, but worth emphasizing the OP's advice to call in your enrollment (don't use website) for best opportunity to get higher-priced, non-enrollment-eligible titles (e.g. 3D versions, versions with DC). Anecdotally: might have better chance requesting by product number, instead of title name.

2) Supposedly the refer-a-friend program now lets you be "referred" by an existing member (they get two free movies) while you can still enter the promo code and get the best terms (3 commitments total). If you have friends on this forum/elsewhere that are already in DMC, might want to let them refer you for the free movies / split the spoils with them

(Do be diligent and confirm with the CSR that you're getting the 3 commitment obligation!)

If you had enrolled two weeks ago, there was a B2G1 deal, but that's gone now
Old 03-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #5806

Mar 2013
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
So, have any changes been made to the text of the Terms and Conditions? I had planned to get a couple of 3D titles to complete my next account using the 25% off all. This could end that idea.
Realize that this post is from a couple of days ago, but I actually just got off of the phone with the DMC and was trying to do this exact thing and was shot down. The guy told me that ANY discount immediately shoots down the movie's eligibility as a commitment title. I was trying to grab the Saving Mr. Banks combo for $39, and then since I needed one more to meet my eligibility, tried to grab the Brave 3D selection which came to $29.96 after applying the 25% off all discount.

So I just grabbed The Jungle Book at $34 with Saving Mr. Banks combo and called it a day. Will wait until I receive this order and quit and rejoin for my 3rd go around.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #5807
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoherent View Post
OP still accurate. Two additions:

1) You probably already know this, but worth emphasizing the OP's advice to call in your enrollment (don't use website) for best opportunity to get higher-priced, non-enrollment-eligible titles (e.g. 3D versions, versions with DC). Anecdotally: might have better chance requesting by product number, instead of title name.

2) Supposedly the refer-a-friend program now lets you be "referred" by an existing member (they get two free movies) while you can still enter the promo code and get the best terms (3 commitments total). If you have friends on this forum/elsewhere that are already in DMC, might want to let them refer you for the free movies / split the spoils with them

(Do be diligent and confirm with the CSR that you're getting the 3 commitment obligation!)

If you had enrolled two weeks ago, there was a B2G1 deal, but that's gone now
Thanks for confirming! I do have a friend to do cross referrals potentially. Too bad about the B2G1 deal, but will be paying closer attention from here on out.

deltasun's sell/trade thread; FS: Ride Along (BD+DVD), Kick Ass 2 (BD+DVD), Out of the Furnace, Red 2 (BD+DVD) - $10 ea.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #5808

Mar 2014

Ha ha for what its worth the person I referred did their whole order on the website and it still registered the promo code deal, and I got my two free movies. What would convince you? Pictures?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #5809

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by therodfather View Post
Ha ha for what its worth the person I referred did their whole order on the website and it still registered the promo code deal, and I got my two free movies. What would convince you? Pictures?
I believe ya!

That said, I've also learned that old info dies off pretty slowly here (may I refer to the "Ponyo slipcover has-has not" in the DMR thread lol) so better to word things circumstantially until I've experienced myself, lest I get snarked for spreading misinformation

I've only signed up for DMC via the website (though now I know better). If you call in an enrollment over the phone, how do you apply a promo code? Just say "I'd like to use promo code XXXXX to sign up" to the CSR and have them read aloud the terms and conditions?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #5810
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level

Okay, done. I did get a CSR who wouldn't accept 3D titles. I guess I'll have to try again in the next go 'round.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #5811

Jun 2012

Quote:
Okay, done. I did get a CSR who wouldn't accept 3D titles. I guess I'll have to try again in the next go 'round.
Did you at least get some digital copies?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #5812
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicgeek View Post
Did you at least get some digital copies?
Yes, those will be good!

Old 03-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #5813

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK91 6 View Post
Thats nothing my initial order has been procesing since
The 20th of last month call them today and they said that
my ghibli titles are on backorder but i seen some of you guys
That order after me are getting them.Then she said that i could switch
Titles but i joined speciali for the ghibli titles since my daughter
Loves them
Same here. I enrolled for my 4th time on the 24th and its been "processing" since then. I called and they said "My Neighbor Totoro" is on back order. I don't want to switch titles, so I guess I'll wait. Frustrating!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #5814

Jun 2012

Quote:
Yes, those will be good!
Well then it isn't a complete loss!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #5815
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicgeek View Post
Well then it isn't a complete loss!
Oh definitely not, this is such a great deal!

Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 AM   #5816

Mar 2014
Avengers Tower

I'm thinking about cancelling and rejoining once my orders all come in. Would these movies make a good enrollment order or are there better ones to get as enrollment?

Planes
Pocahontas 1 & 2
POTC On Stranger Tides
Little Mermaid
Cinderella
Finding Nemo
Old 03-12-2014, 03:54 AM   #5817
Expert Member

Jun 2011
WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin4Jesus View Post
I'm thinking about cancelling and rejoining once my orders all come in. Would these movies make a good enrollment order or are there better ones to get as enrollment?

Planes
Pocahontas 1 & 2
POTC On Stranger Tides
Little Mermaid
Cinderella
Finding Nemo
All those are good ones. POTC On Stranger Tides can be had for under $10 unless you can talk them into the 3D one.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 AM   #5818

Jul 2012
USA

do we know the catalog # for Saving Mr. Banks? thank you in advance
Old 03-12-2014, 04:10 AM   #5819
Power Member

Oct 2011
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoherent View Post
If you call in an enrollment over the phone, how do you apply a promo code? Just say "I'd like to use promo code XXXXX to sign up" to the CSR and have them read aloud the terms and conditions?
Its literally the first thing they ask you on the phone, whether you have a promo code you'd like to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarmanks View Post
It's already designated as the Feature Title along with Mary Poppins, so shouldnt be too difficult for them to know what item it is you're talking about (even if wanting to buy it solo without the MP add on )

edit: I stand corrected see post below
Watch List
Most Wanted: Chipmunk Adventure *VUDU*;
Mickey's XMas Carol -- DMR only ; Sword in the Stone -- DMR only

Last edited by TheGeneral; 03-12-2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:10 AM   #5820

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarmanks View Post
1173840: BD/DC (no DVD )
1196230: DVD
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals