Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM   #3721
tommb84 tommb84 is offline
Member
 
tommb84's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
UK
37
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddkryten View Post
Speaking of Scully's tattoo... Isn't it the same as the logo of the Millennium group?

It is indeed, recently watched Millennium after years of wanting to get around to it, great show, probably too much to ask but I would love Millennium to get the Blu ray treatment too!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Josh of the Decade (Yesterday), Mobe1969 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM   #3722
Reddkryten Reddkryten is offline
Member
 
Jun 2014
Default

I'm wondering what the odds are against The Lone Gunmen getting a remaster.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #3723
sheldo sheldo is offline
Senior Member
 
sheldo's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
UK
144
128
1
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddkryten View Post
I'm wondering what the odds are against The Lone Gunmen getting a remaster.
Not high considering Fox liked it so much they cancelled it mid-season and on a two part cliff-hanger. Makes both that and Harsh Realm an infuriating watch.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #3724
AnamorphicWidescreen AnamorphicWidescreen is online now
Special Member
 
Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh of the Decade View Post
Out of all the episodes, I still find Leonard Betts the hardest to watch. I dunno what it is. I can watch Home endlessly and really enjoy all its nuances, but theres something horrible & upsetting about Leonard Betts. Am I the only one?
Not sure if I'm more disturbed by Home or Leonard Betts - however, I will say I find LB extremely sickening; the whole idea behind what's going on in the episode is stomach-turning. I feel the same repulsion towards the horrible monsters/creatures in Carpenter's The Thing (1982)...

Good screen-shots re: S2's Irresistible. IIRC, this is the episode with the serial k., correct?! It's been years since I've seen this. If so, another extremely disturbing episode.
[Show spoiler]IIRC, there is a scene which shows the serial k.'s face transform into many of the more "famous" k.'s throughout history - quite horrific.


To be honest, at the time X-files was originally on I was thinking to myself, "Great series, but how are they able to get away with some of these episodes on broadcast TV"?! And, 20 years later, I'm still surprised by this. Sure, since the '90's cable TV series have boomed, and now there have been a lot of extremely disturbing & graphic shows...however, that's cable. For a '90's network TV series, X-files really pushed the envelope, and at times even ripped up the envelope...

I need to go back and watch Millenium again - great suspense/horror?! series that really captured the vibe of the late '90's to a great extent. Also enjoyed the Pacific Northwest setting...

Wasn't that thrilled with The Lone Gunmen series, and remember virtually nothing about this, even though I saw every episode on DVD a while back. I felt the characters worked great in the context of The X-files; they were featured in some episodes and were interesting & amusing- and,
[Show spoiler]they died heroically
. However, I didn't think the characters had enough substance to justify an entire series, though of course it didn't last long...

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; Yesterday at 06:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM   #3725
Josh of the Decade Josh of the Decade is offline
Member
 
Josh of the Decade's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
Not sure if I'm more disturbed by Home or Leonard Betts - however, I will say I find LB extremely sickening; the whole idea behind what's going on in the episode is stomach-turning. I feel the same repulsion towards the horrible monsters/creatures in Carpenter's The Thing (1982)...

To be honest, at the time X-files was originally on I was thinking to myself, "Great series, but how are they able to get away with some of these episodes on broadcast TV"?! And, 20 years later, I'm still surprised by this. Sure, since the '90's cable TV series have boomed, and now there have been a lot of extremely disturbing & graphic shows...however, that's cable. For a '90's network TV series, X-files really pushed the envelope, and at times even ripped up the envelope...

I need to go back and watch Millenium again - great suspense/horror?! series that really captured the vibe of the late '90's to a great extent. Also enjoyed the Pacific Northwest setting...
I remember watching Home when I was in Primary School & it not bothering me at all! It was only years later that I discovered the controversy around it. I just remember finding the Babe reference funny, though The Thing seriously traumatized me!

I wasn't allowed to watch Millennium though as it was rated 18. I didn't watch LB for ages, though my Nan told me the whole plot. The thing about Leonard Betts was that he was one of the higher-functioning monsters-of-the-week. There was something a little tragic about the Tooms like characters that were more animalistic & killed mostly from genetic need, and some of the more serial-killeresque Donnie Pfasters & 2Shys were clearly unhinged. Leonard just had a total ambivalence towards human life. I guess he seemed the most selfish killer to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:37 AM   #3726
tommb84 tommb84 is offline
Member
 
tommb84's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
UK
37
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh of the Decade View Post
I remember watching Home when I was in Primary School & it not bothering me at all! It was only years later that I discovered the controversy around it. I just remember finding the Babe reference funny, though The Thing seriously traumatized me!

I wasn't allowed to watch Millennium though as it was rated 18. I didn't watch LB for ages, though my Nan told me the whole plot. The thing about Leonard Betts was that he was one of the higher-functioning monsters-of-the-week. There was something a little tragic about the Tooms like characters that were more animalistic & killed mostly from genetic need, and some of the more serial-killeresque Donnie Pfasters & 2Shys were clearly unhinged. Leonard just had a total ambivalence towards human life. I guess he seemed the most selfish killer to me.

I also think the way the storyline introduced Scully's cancer was genius, I get chills just thinking about the ambulance scene, "I'm sorry, you have something I need" - the shock on her face not only because he's about to kill her but because she's just been told she has cancer, just brilliant storytelling.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
lucidhysteria (Today)
Old Today, 11:21 AM   #3727
rockin rockin is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2010
196
Default

Wow, looking at those screenshots from the later seasons I forgot how hot Gillian Anderson was - she really blossomed from Season 3 onwards.
Panasonic TX-P50GT30B, Sony STR-DH810, Sony BDP-S480
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:38 PM   #3728
focuspuller focuspuller is offline
Active Member
 
focuspuller's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
65
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin View Post
Wow, looking at those screenshots from the later seasons I forgot how hot Gillian Anderson was - she really blossomed from Season 3 onwards.
What do you mean WAS? She's better looking today than ever.

Last edited by focuspuller; Today at 01:10 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
sheldo (Today)
Old Today, 01:06 PM   #3729
sheldo sheldo is offline
Senior Member
 
sheldo's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
UK
144
128
1
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by focuspuller View Post
What do you mean WAS? She's better looking to today than ever.
She gets more attractive as she ages, she made some deal with the devil around 1995-96 methinks.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:11 PM   #3730
focuspuller focuspuller is offline
Active Member
 
focuspuller's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
65
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldo View Post
She gets more attractive as she ages, she made some deal with the devil around 1995-96 methinks.
She must have. Have you seen her in The Fall? OMG Better looking than Scully ever was.

Speaking of which, Series 2 of The Fall in 2 weeks!
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:36 PM   #3731
tommb84 tommb84 is offline
Member
 
tommb84's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
UK
37
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by focuspuller View Post
She must have. Have you seen her in The Fall? OMG Better looking than Scully ever was.

Speaking of which, Series 2 of The Fall in 2 weeks!

Missed the first series, then missed the airing a few days back! So got it on Blu ray, looking forward to watching it before the second series starts
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #3732
focuspuller focuspuller is offline
Active Member
 
focuspuller's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
65
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommb84 View Post
Missed the first series, then missed the airing a few days back! So got it on Blu ray, looking forward to watching it before the second series starts
Make it happen! It's really good. On a side note, her character is a little bit of a cougar. You'll see for yourself. Female sexuality is a very big theme in the show.

Last edited by focuspuller; Today at 03:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:47 PM   #3733
chip75 chip75 is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
711
1699
6
Default

4x11 'El Mundo Gira' DVD to HDTV Comparisons







"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (Today)
Old Today, 06:50 PM   #3734
chip75 chip75 is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
711
1699
6
Default

4x12 'Leonard Betts' DVD to HDTV Comparisons






"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:10 PM.