Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.91
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 10-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #681
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Its funny, on Amazon you type the Long Hair of Death and it turns into the Werewolf Woman ! That's a great special effect
Old 10-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #682

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
Its funny, on Amazon you type the Long Hair of Death and it turns into the Werewolf Woman ! That's a great special effect
Yeah, after the UPC mix-up between those 2 titles, the release date mix-up between those 2 titles, cross-reviews between those 2 titles (I'm sure all related to the initial UPC mix-up)...I made sure not to use Amazon on those 2 titles. Who knows if you'll get the right product in the end from Amazon for those 2 titles? I don't want to risk the hassle, plus they're cheaper elsewhere.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:04 AM   #683

Oct 2012

From Facebook

"With SLAUGHTER HOTEL, it’s almost as if Di Leo was trying to make the form echo the content, creating a madhouse of crazed-craft that mirrors the state of mind of most of the people on-screen. Read that way, the film is an experimental, expressionist masterpiece. But taken for what it is, SLAUGHTER HOTEL is just a hot, sweaty, bloody and sleazy slab of Eurosleaze that is, like most of Di Leo’s work, most assuredly alive."
-Chris Alexander

Old 10-17-2014, 12:05 AM   #684

Oct 2012

From Facebook:

An extract from the insert booklet curated by Chris Alexander/Fangoria Magazine
THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE GOTHIC:
Exploring THE LONG HAIR OF DEATH
"If you’re a fan and scholar of that very special brand of shuddery, gothic thriller that emerged from Italy in the 1960’s then there’s no point over-preaching the goosebump-inducing gospel of director Antonio Margheriti’s THE LONG HAIR OF DEATH. Chances are, you’re already of the choir. You understand and value that preternatural power of this film and other of its ilk. You revere that blend of pulp thrills, rich, practical production design, covert eroticism and operatic emotional arcs that marked the best of these remarkable pictures........"

Thanks given by:
dsman71 (10-17-2014)
Old 10-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #685

Nov 2010
MA

Got Werewolf Woman in today. I've never seen it before, so I only sampled a minute or two, but I didn't notice anything really egregious as far as DNR. It certainly looked better than Nightmare City that I got as a free 2nd title. I probably won't have time to watch it this weekend.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #686
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
Yeah, after the UPC mix-up between those 2 titles, the release date mix-up between those 2 titles, cross-reviews between those 2 titles (I'm sure all related to the initial UPC mix-up)...I made sure not to use Amazon on those 2 titles. Who knows if you'll get the right product in the end from Amazon for those 2 titles? I don't want to risk the hassle, plus they're cheaper elsewhere.
Im probably going to order the Long Hair of Death from Raro directly along with Slaughter Hotel during a buy one get one free or half off gimmick
Old 10-18-2014, 06:48 AM   #687
Special Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahadeva View Post
Anyone got Werewolf Woman yet? How's the picture quality, especially the grain structure? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
I think Raro's Werewolf Woman is a winner in picture quality.

The picture quality seems fair for a film of the age, detail is good and there's a clear grain structure. Colors seem muted to a minor extent, which I suppose we'd expect for a film of the era. I can see the pores on human werewolf woman's face, pubic hairs, texture on a fuzzy robe, foliage in the background at night... there are times of occasional softness but the movie does a lot with cinematography to intentionally keep some background or foreground out of focus.

I watched Kino/Redemption's Virgin Among the Living Dead (1973) earlier today and Raro's Werewolf Woman (1977) looks a lot better.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:15 AM   #688

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
I think Raro's Werewolf Woman is a winner in picture quality.

The picture quality seems fair for a film of the age, detail is good and there's a clear grain structure. Colors seem muted to a minor extent, which I suppose we'd expect for a film of the era. I can see the pores on human werewolf woman's face, pubic hairs, texture on a fuzzy robe, foliage in the background at night... there are times of occasional softness but the movie does a lot with cinematography to intentionally keep some background or foreground out of focus.

I watched Kino/Redemption's Virgin Among the Living Dead (1973) earlier today and Raro's Werewolf Woman (1977) looks a lot better.
Thanks for the info pal! Any chance of some screens? Is it a BD50 r BD25?
Old 10-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #689
Special Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahadeva View Post
Thanks for the info pal! Any chance of some screens? Is it a BD50 r BD25?
Unfortunately I'm not able to take screenshots. To my eye the disc is a BD 25 (there is only one barcode along the center spindle, which I think means 25) but I'm not 100%.

If anything Raro's Werewolf Woman image is slightly darker than I'd prefer, but that might be my own set display settings and it's not bad.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #690
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

RSP review of Werewolf Woman - as the writer notes, it looks slightly less horrible then we're used to from Raro, but still plenty of waxiness and compression artifacts. I guess this is 'as good as it gets' from these guys.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors