Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49

Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99

American Sniper (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
21 hrs ago
The Interview (Blu-ray)
$13.59

The Lady From Shanghai (Blu-ray)
$8.99

2015 Allstate Sugar Bowl (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Book of Life 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$18.90

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The Book of Life (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #2121
Expert Member

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Also is there any good custom artwork for Galactica out there? These UK cases look atrocious to me.
There's been some activity in the custom cover art thread regarding these titles as of late. Lava_Lander worked up some beautiful covers for "BSG: Seasons 1-4", a combo cover for "The Plan" and "Blood & Chrome" and one for the French Blu-ray release of "Caprica". The post in question can be found here.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #2122

Dec 2011
Pearland, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Lastly, should I watch Razor between seasons 2 and 3 or between 3 and 4? Websites seem to disagree!
It should be watched between seasons three and four, no two ways about it. There is a scene at the end of Razor that will have a lot more impact coming off of the season three finale. It also sets the tone for what's to come in season four. And if you're really good at connecting the dots, you could be spoiling a major plot twist for yourself if you watch it at the end of season two. So definitely watch it after season three.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #2123

Jul 2009

My recommended order:

-Mini-Series
-Season 1
-Season 2 up to and including "The Captains Hand"
-"Razor Flashbacks" 1 & 2 only
-"Razor" TV movie, extended version
-Finish Season 2
-"The Resistance" Web series
-Season 3
-Season 4 up to and including "Sometimes a Great Notion"
-"Face of the Enemy" Web Series (not on the Blu-Ray set)
-Continue Season 4 up to and including "No Exit"
-"The Plan"
-Finish Season 4

Also note that some extended episodes appear on the next disc.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #2124

Mar 2011
Western New York

Only use that order if you've seen the series before. It's an interesting way to view it, but oh man with the spoilers.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #2125

Jun 2009
UK

Just watch it as they are on the discs... It's one of the better done TV boxsets IMO.
"Amonkira, Lord of Hunters, grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."
Old 12-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #2126

Mar 2010
Room 303, The Heart o' the City Hotel
Send a message via AIM to Lionel Horsepackage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
It should be watched between seasons three and four, no two ways about it. There is a scene at the end of Razor that will have a lot more impact coming off of the season three finale. It also sets the tone for what's to come in season four. And if you're really good at connecting the dots, you could be spoiling a major plot twist for yourself if you watch it at the end of season two. So definitely watch it after season three.
This. 100 percent.

It's pretty clear that the series producers wrote Razor with the intention of having the viewer watch the film in production order -- i.e., immediately following the Season 3 finale ("Crossroads, Part II") and immediately before the Season 4 premiere ("He That Believeth in Me"), owing to several story-elements in the movie foreshadowing events about to occur in the final season.

In particular,
[Show spoiler]all of the discussion concerning Starbuck's S4 role as "harbinger," which doesn't even pay off for two whole seasons if you watch the film chronologically as part of Season 2. Despite technically being set during the second season, the movie is so layered with spoilery Season 4-related elements that you'll very likely be lost if you watch it any earlier, to say nothing of the whole, "oooooooh, SHIT" feeling you'll get when those revelations come during the film (assuming, of course, that you've already watched that final scene of Season 3). Any sooner than that, and it greatly lessens the impact.

Disc-order viewing sequence all the way.
"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

Last edited by Lionel Horsepackage; 12-27-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #2127
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

That list reminds me of my one little annoyance with the discs - I tend to just stick the disc in and Play All - so when there are extended episodes they play the normal version first then play the extended of the same episode next. I have to remind myself to check first if that disc has any extended episodes. After I've just watched the episode, I don't want to watch it again right after - but I'd rather watch the extended one in the first place.

I wish when you hit play all it said "watch extended on episodes that have it available or not?"

But great discs - just my personal peeve LOL.
If you have to whip out a microscope to decide if you like a Blu-ray or not, you are missing the point.

ESSENTIAL STAR WARS READING:
How Disney Bought Lucasfilm
The Special Edition Restoration Process
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #2128
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishParadise View Post
There's been some activity in the custom cover art thread regarding these titles as of late. Lava_Lander worked up some beautiful covers for "BSG: Seasons 1-4", a combo cover for "The Plan" and "Blood & Chrome" and one for the French Blu-ray release of "Caprica". The post in question can be found here.
Thanks man, I PM'd him.

And thanks for the Razor advice everyone, I'll watch it in production order. Same with The Plan? Watch after the finale?
Old 12-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #2129

Mar 2010
Room 303, The Heart o' the City Hotel
Send a message via AIM to Lionel Horsepackage

Pretty much, yeah -- as long as you watch it at some point after Season 4.5's "No Exit" (absolutely no sooner than this), you'll be fine, but it does make a rather nice retro-epilogue to the entire series run, IMO. You might consider viewing it after the series finale ("Daybreak") , similar to how it was first broadcast.
"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."
Old 12-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #2130

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusL View Post
Hmmm I watched it between "The Captain's Hand" and "Downloaded"
Oh yes, you're right, that's what I meant to recommend. Forgot about Downloaded.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America