Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49

Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99

American Sniper (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
21 hrs ago
The Interview (Blu-ray)
$13.59

The Lady From Shanghai (Blu-ray)
$8.99

2015 Allstate Sugar Bowl (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Book of Life 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$18.90

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The Book of Life (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 01-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #441

Oct 2008

Thanks SilentNight, i've already got the SR4KP1 and i've got an LG 49UH8500 coming this weekend so i can't wait to get everything set up.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:24 AM   #442
Expert Member

Feb 2008
North Canton, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahodapp View Post
Thanks SilentNight, i've already got the SR4KP1 and i've got an LG 49UH8500 coming this weekend so i can't wait to get everything set up.
after messing around with both the player as well as the 4K TV I must say, I'm blown away by the 4K upscaling. It takes some tinkering with both the player and the TV to get the settings and picture quality right but when it's set up correctly the imagine is fantastic to my eyes
My Set-Up: Epson 5020UB Full 3D Projector on a 120" screen and 7.1 Earthquake surround sound Complete with Outlaw Audio Pre-Amp and Amp.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:28 AM   #443

Apr 2011
Mississippi, U.S.

For the record, the SR4KP1 will not play blu ray discs over the SD output. A crudely blocked message reading "CPS-Limited-Analog" appears on the screen, as the sound from the disc menu plays in the background. It will, for what it's worth, play DVDs in SD.
Top 10 Most Wanted Blu-rays (1) Dark Age (2) Body Snatchers [1993] (3) Lenny (4) Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (5) The Ref (6) Warlock [1989] (7) Scars of Dracula (8) Young Guns II (9) Freeway [1996] (10) Rawhead Rex
Old 01-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #444

Oct 2009
USandA

My SR4KP1 was delivered last night and I hooked it up--I was surprised how easy it was to access the service menu to change the bd region. Before doing that I even brazenly hooked it up to my network to search for a firmware update--there was none and the region changing capability is still active. I'm also surprised how light the player is, but there is a slight but still audible whirring sound while disc playback occurs and the TV volume is low (which I'm guessing is due to the cheaper build quality). Still, the SR4KP1 is a worthy replacement for my aging, region hacked Insignia.

Also, I went to the Seiki website to register the player and Seiki doesn't even have a category for bd players, only TVs and soundbars. Weird.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders