Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
The Purge: Anarchy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Chef (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.99
13 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Blacklist: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$14.96
22 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99
8 hrs ago
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99
22 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #1321
Suspended

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachufan1336 View Post
Seeing how they did something similar to Sleeping Beauty as an exclusive cover, I find this very likley
This cover is more likely to be done in honor of Williams as well.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #1322

Feb 2009
Saint Louis, MO
Send a message via Skype™ to tuckest
USA Release

Aladdin will release on October 6, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBrittain View Post
+1. After 101, only two Vault titles will remain in the Diamond line: Aladdin & Pinocchio. Of those, Aladdin will go in fall 2015 because (a) Disney is consistent with spring vs. fall Vault titles and (b) Pinocchio hit BD as the last Platinum title in spring 2009, thus it gets spring 2016. Assuming they continue the Vault strategy, Snow White (as always) will begin the next line (Titanium? Ruby?) in fall 2016.

Edit: Also, with Aladdin being the last Vault title not yet on U.S. BD (after 101), releasing it in fall 2015 dovetails nicely with the last non-Vault DACs on BD. Conventional wisdom suggests we'll see 2-movie sets of Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros & Make Mine Music/Melody Time, plus a 30th-anniversary The Black Cauldron, in 2015; those plus 101, Aladdin & Big Hero 6 would have all 54 DACs (thru BH6) on U.S. BD by the end of 2015.
Thanks given by:
Falaskan (11-13-2014), MattQuack (11-04-2014)
Old 11-06-2014, 07:25 AM   #1323

Oct 2009
nYc

I am so upset Aladdin isn't out yet on BD. Whats more is that it's a YEAR away even though its the second to last release with Dalmatians coming out very soon. To add insult to injury its actually out on BD in other regions. Total BS.

I dont have (or want) all the DAC BDs, but I do have almost all (some notable exceptions are either poor transfers, like Sword in the Stone; and movies I just plain thought sucked, like everything that was made after Lion King; and of course no sequels)

I'm grabbing the UK release.

I see there are two releases, are they both Region Free or just one? here are the two i found:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aladdin-Limi...ds=aladdin+blu

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aladdin-Blu-...ds=aladdin+blu
Old 11-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #1324
Special Member

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by postulio View Post
I am so upset Aladdin isn't out yet on BD. Whats more is that it's a YEAR away even though its the second to last release with Dalmatians coming out very soon. To add insult to injury its actually out on BD in other regions. Total BS.

I dont have (or want) all the DAC BDs, but I do have almost all (some notable exceptions are either poor transfers, like Sword in the Stone; and movies I just plain thought sucked, like everything that was made after Lion King; and of course no sequels)

I'm grabbing the UK release.

I see there are two releases, are they both Region Free or just one? here are the two i found:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aladdin-Limi...ds=aladdin+blu

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aladdin-Blu-...ds=aladdin+blu
All are region free. The first one, with the purple slipcover is the recent release, while the other is from last year or early this year? Same disc I do believe. I have the Aladdin slip one and I'm in the US. They also had a steelbox and another version with a Jafar slip earlier this year.
Thanks given by:
postulio (11-07-2014)
Old 11-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #1325

Apr 2014
Harrow, London

Meh I'm happy to wait. The newer UK release comes with disc art. The slipcover is hideous though.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #1326

Oct 2009
nYc

The slip is indeed hideous, but it was cheaper when I posted it, they're the same price now. I'll wait to see if they celebrate BF in UK and then order lol.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #1327
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
U.S.A.

Due to Disney's sloth, I have been happy to pick up Aladdin and 101 D's from overseas. They won't see my money on these shores.
Roland: What's your name, William? I'm asking you, William Thatcher, to answer me with your name!

#100: Star Wars Original Trilogy Limited Edition Steelbook, #200: No freakin' clue.
#300: Sucker Punch San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive Steelbook - 900 Print Run, #400: From Up On Poppy Hill
Old 11-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #1328

Sep 2014
Greensboro NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
Due to Disney's sloth, I have been happy to pick up Aladdin and 101 D's from overseas. They won't see my money on these shores.
It's going that way for me too, at least for their classic stuff. I don't feel like playing their vault game and most of the vaulted titles I want are available region free in the UK for cheap. Too bad their Snow White and Pinocchio are region locked for some reason.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #1329
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfountain View Post
It's going that way for me too, at least for their classic stuff. I don't feel like playing their vault game and most of the vaulted titles I want are available region free in the UK for cheap. Too bad their Snow White and Pinocchio are region locked for some reason.
Yeah Snow White and Pinocchio are two I'm still missing, primarily because of that reason.
Roland: What's your name, William? I'm asking you, William Thatcher, to answer me with your name!

#100: Star Wars Original Trilogy Limited Edition Steelbook, #200: No freakin' clue.
#300: Sucker Punch San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive Steelbook - 900 Print Run, #400: From Up On Poppy Hill
Old 11-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #1330

Feb 2012
Austria

Quote:
Pinocchio and Snow White are simple reprints. They changed nothing since then.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #1331
Suspended

Mar 2011

Quote:
I forgot about that. There are a few Disney movies I'd like to have but don't want enough to pay full price for or would watch that often. Pinochlo, The Little Mermaid, and Peter Pan personally.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:01 AM   #1332
Special Member

Mar 2011

I'm glad Aladdin is finally making its way to Blu-ray in the US next year.

Disney has started the "push" they always do before a film is released to Blu-ray for the first time. There's the Aladdin Disney Infinity figure, and Aladdin is featured on the cover for the Disney Infinity Toy Box starter pack.

There are also a slew of Aladdin children books scheduled to come out throughout next year, which often happens when a film is coming to Blu-ray.

I was really disappointed when Aladdin got pushed back -- it should have been on our shelves a couple years ago. It will be nice to have when it's finally given the Diamond Edition treatment.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America