Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$95.24
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.74

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-06-2014, 12:59 AM   #941

Aug 2013

So Megalon is getting a release. It's hard to keep track of all the Godzilla blu info, but is Destroy All Monsters not getting a re-release?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:05 AM   #942

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
It's linked in the first post. The amazon page has been up for nearly 3 years now.
Oops. Never mind.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:41 AM   #943

Mar 2013
-

They b flooding the market! But, Godzilla vs Megalon on blu is Day 1 for me. And, probably would pick up DAM, as well. Really am interested in the extras that are on the dvd and hope that they will be found on the blu.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #944

Dec 2012
Los Angeles

Definitely gonna pick up Megalon, and hopefully a reissue of DAM, but think $26 is kinda pricey for the film without extras.

Debating picking up some of the others that have been announced too, to replace my DVDs. My only issue is I like having them all in chronological order and 2 random movies on one release kinda screws that up.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #945

Dec 2011

SciFi Japan has an exclusive look at the packaging art and information from Media Blasters on their upcoming DVD and Blu-ray editions of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS and GODZILLA VS MEGALON.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...u-ray-and-dvd/

Old 03-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #946

Mar 2014

Hey just signed up to get info on Godzilla blu rays, and seen the posts on this is forums. I too was recently stung by toys r toys on amazon.

Thought it was a copy when I opened it but now I'm not sure what action to take. I'm happy to finally have a copy with the features it's what I'm into mostly but I'm pissed at it being a copy. It plays fine but it's obviously a rip.

If I report him or leave leave negative feedback do I have to return the "blu ray" Sadly living in the uk Godzilla movies are hard to come by on blu ray and the region coding doesn't make it any better with the majority of them being locked. So bootlegs are nothing new.

Last edited by deano_ue; 03-07-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:42 PM   #947

Nov 2011
Kansas City

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano_ue View Post
Hey just signed up to get info on Godzilla blu rays, and seen the posts on this is forums. I too was recently stung by toys r toys on amazon.

Thought it was a copy when I opened it but now I'm not sure what action to take. I'm happy to finally have a copy with the features it's what I'm into mostly but I'm pissed at it being a copy. It plays fine but it's obviously a rip.

If I report him or leave leave negative feedback do I have to return the "blu ray" Sadly living in the uk Godzilla movies are hard to come by on blu ray and the region coding doesn't make it any better with the majority of them being locked. So bootlegs are nothing new.
You need to decide if you want the film to enjoy or send it back and get a refund. I highly doubt you can keep it and report him. Unless the price was crazy high I would just keep it until a real copy came around.
Wanted:The Light at the Edge of The World(1971)Its Alive(1974)Zardoz(1974)The Ultimate Warrior(1975)Burnt Offerings(1976)Lipstick(1976)Black Sunday(1977)Demon Seed(1977)The Sentinel(1977)Telefon(1977)The Evil(1978)The Black Hole(1979)Hardcore(1979)The Changeling(1980)Dragonslayer(1981)Looker(1981)Satu rday The 14th(1981)Night Shift(1982)Vice Squad(1982)Dungeons & Dragons TV Series(1983)Krull(1983)Something Wicked This Way Comes(1983)Runaway(1984)The Wraith(1986)The Gate(1987)Summer School(1987)
Old 03-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #948
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Exiled on Main Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano_ue View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpmpstck View Post
You need to decide if you want the film to enjoy or send it back and get a refund. I highly doubt you can keep it and report him. Unless the price was crazy high I would just keep it until a real copy came around.
The buyer is 100% covered if they complain directly to Amazon. They won't come right out and say it, but, returning it is entirely at your discretion.

As for returning bootlegs, sure. You can return 'em. But ya gotta do it like I did:

Mummify the bootleg(s) in packing tape. No box necessary! They are worthless sh!t, after all. Drive over package a few times, affix the handy seller-paid-for return label, and drop in any mailbox. Voilą! Bootleg returns made easy.

Follow my lead, and Monster Island Toys (or Toys R Toys, or Loris Basso a.k.a. the steroid-king) will only be hawking bootlegs on a streetcorner, and not on Amazon and his own freakin' website.
"Jesus, what's with all the greed here? It's unattractive." - Uncle Jack
Old 03-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #949

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpa View Post
SciFi Japan has an exclusive look at the packaging art and information from Media Blasters on their upcoming DVD and Blu-ray editions of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS and GODZILLA VS MEGALON.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date, kpa!

(And Lemmy, you kinda crack me up. But yea, Monster Island Toys - what a embarrassment to G-Fans...)
Old 03-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #950
Expert Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
(And Lemmy, you kinda crack me up. But yea, Monster Island Toys - what a embarrassment to G-Fans...)
To recall Ichiro, everyone's got a Gabera.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #951

Aug 2013

Quote:

No extras on either, that's a damn shame Toho has to be like that. I'll probably wait for the Megalon Blu to get to a low price and then combine it with my extras DVD I lucked into.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #952

Sep 2012

Looks like they have also dropped the American International English-dub track off of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS as well. I know some say Toho was most upset about a photo gallery on the original release, but it always seemed to me that it would have been that superior American dub track that they had the most objection to, but I'm just speculating. In any case, that American dub track was a huge selling point for many American fans as it's so much better than Toho's and is the one we all remember, so its absence on this reissue will surely keep the original release as a sought after collectible amongst G fans.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #953
Expert Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoone View Post
Looks like they have also dropped the American International English-dub track off of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS as well. I know some say Toho was most upset about a photo gallery on the original release, but it always seemed to me that it would have been that superior American dub track that they had the most objection to, but I'm just speculating. In any case, that American dub track was a huge selling point for many American fans as it's so much better than Toho's and is the one we all remember, so its absence on this reissue will surely keep the original release as a sought after collectible amongst G fans.
Well ****! I think it's a shame that the international dubs take precedence, especially for Hedorah.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #954

Sep 2012
Sweden
Send a message via AIM to MechaGodzilla Send a message via MSN to MechaGodzilla

I only ever watch these movies in Japanese so for me it's not a huge deal, but I do still feel for those that have nostalgic attachment to the dubs, or just generally prefer dubs/want them as an option. Disappointing for you guys, and for the companies too if it impacts sales.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #955

Jan 2010

WalMart has destroy all monsters DVD up for preorder for $11.04 with 5/1/14 as a release date
Old 03-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #956

Oct 2011

Quote:

Sweet!!
Old 03-09-2014, 03:49 AM   #957

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoone View Post
Anyone know the source for the original AIP English dub used on the DAM blu-ray? On the blu-ray, the first minute or so is horribly distorted and there's instances throughout the rest of the movie where the audio seems to go up and down in pitch like a badly stretched tape. If I didn't know better, I'd guess the AIP dub came from the early 80's pre-ADV VHS tape or a bootleg from an early 80's tv broadcast.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #958

Sep 2013
West Midlands, UK

Anybody know what are my chances of getting a Godzilla vs Megalon DVD with the extra features on? There are a couple of new & sealed copies kicking around on Amazon, but not sure if they are likely to have extras. Anyone give my any advice on my chances?
Old 03-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #959
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmith1979 View Post
Anybody know what are my chances of getting a Godzilla vs Megalon DVD with the extra features on? There are a couple of new & sealed copies kicking around on Amazon, but not sure if they are likely to have extras. Anyone give my any advice on my chances?
I would only go for it if I was absolutely sure it had the extras. If one of them has a comment that it does then that would be your best bet. There is one brand new on eBay though for $40.
Marty: Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics.

The Cabin in the Woods (2011)
Old 03-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #960

Sep 2013
West Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
I would only go for it if I was absolutely sure it had the extras. If one of them has a comment that it does then that would be your best bet. There is one brand new on eBay though for $40.
Yeah the one on eBay charges tons of import charges to the UK for some reason, so is out of my price range
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America