Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Rio Grande (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #161
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop35 View Post
Is it me or is Hollywood dried-out of fresh ideas it's recycling everything this generation can get it's hands on this is sad to filmes-purest like myself.
Yes and no. Hollywood has always remade films, but the it's more frequent right now than it ever has been. What's more of a shame is the fact that they re-start franchises and remake films simply for profit and not because they have a creative way of bringing the film into the modern age.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:46 AM   #162
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

YIKES! I don't read this thread for a few days, and I come back to a flurry of posts saying the second one is as good as the original, if not BETTER?!?! Not even close.

anyway, my interest in this remake went from absolute zero to very curious with the word that Hiddleston might do it. Well, turns out it's likely untrue. From Deadline.com:
Quote:
Also not happening is Thor and The Avengers antagonist Tom Hiddleston starring in Relativity Media’s reboot of The Crow. A simple conversation has been overhyped and reported like it was going to happen. The guy to keep an eye on here is True Blood‘s Alexander Skarsgard, who is getting numerous offers since his plans to star for David Yates in Tarzan died on the vine when Warner Bros halted the project over budget. No formal offer yet, but it sounds to me like it’s Skarsgard’s role if he wants it in the F. Javier Gutierrez-directed film series relaunch.
My interest is officially now back to ZERO. Skarsgard as The Crow does not appeal to me at all.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!
My Letterboxd Page - Make yours and follow mine!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:47 AM   #163
Special Member

Dec 2009
Cloud City, Bespin

I don't usually like to say anything negative about a movie on it's own thread, but with this I must make an exception. The original crow is one of the best of the 90s and the reason for this is that it's a movie that could only have been made in the 90s. The soundtrack, the effects, and the overall feel of the movie are things that help to capture a moment in time. Another thing about this remake is that it's probably one of the least necessary I've heard about lately (along with Starship Troopers and American Psycho). It's just not that old. The acting and even the efects still hold up very well. The only reason that they're attempting this travesty is because of this stupid Hot Topic generation. They'll drool over a movie like this. They are going to take a great movie and try to turn it into another twilight (if you like that fine, but I'm using it as an example). I hope, more than most of these remakes, that this one falls through.
"If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed" -Stanley Kubrick

http://letterboxd.com/vader4/
Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #164

Jun 2012
Colonia Copia Claudia Augusta Lugdunum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADP00L View Post

Loki in talks to play The Crow:

Source: The Wrap
Looking at this photoshop pic makes me see that bloke Michael Fassbender can play The Crow. He's a decent enough actor that can muster all kinds of emotions.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #165
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

It happens in music, so when will a movie and its remake come out the same year?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #166
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

While I'm still on the fence about this (only thing that got me interested was the Hiddleston rumor - now that that was squashed, I don't care about it at all), you have to realize this is not a remake of the first film. It's another adaptation of the comic/graphic novel. That's like saying Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet is a remake of Olivier's Hamlet (or Mel Gibson's, or...). It's not. It's just a movie based on the same source material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
It happens in music, so when will a movie and its remake come out the same year?
Not so much with US films, but US remakes of foreign films come pretty fast sometimes. Let the Right One In/Let Me In and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo jump to mind. Those were both just a two-year turnaround.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #167

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
While I'm still on the fence about this (only thing that got me interested was the Hiddleston rumor - now that that was squashed, I don't care about it at all).
+1
Tom Hiddleston made this remake sound good to me. Skarsguard is a good actor but Hiddleston would be my first choice.
"I'd made the vampire cry. Great. I felt like a real superhero. Harry Dresden, breaker of monsters hearts." - Dresden Books.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #168
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

So instead of the two guys recently rumored, they get the guy they first wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
Luke Evans is The Crow

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/04/718194

Welsh actor Luke Evans has landed the title role in the rebooted version of The Crow.

According to Deadline, Evans was the original choice for the role, but has been extremely busy of late and for a time seemed unavailable – he's just been cast in Dracula Year Zero, and can be seen this year as the villain in Fast & Furious 6 and as Bard the Bowman in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

When it looked unlikely that Evans would be available, the distributor apparently considered the likes of Tom Hiddleston and Alexander Skarsgard. But in the end, the start of production was shifted to early 2014 to secure Evans' involvement. Evans is now in final negotiations for the role.
Formerly : eagles_fan_05 / skins_fan_05 / vikings_fan_05

8-time NCAA Men's Basketball Champions (Soon to get #9)

My Trade Thread featuring Blu's, slips, games, sport cards and more!

Last edited by UK_fan_05; 05-04-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #169
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_fan_05 View Post
So instead of the two guys recently rumored, they get the guy they first wanted.
Great choice!!!!
Favorite Actors/Actresses:
Christian Bale
Emma Stone
Michael Fassbender
Jessica Chastain
Chris Hemsworth
Eva Green
Taylor Lautner
Old 05-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #170
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Luke Evans? Wow, this just became a direct-to-video level project.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #171
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarymatt92 View Post
Yes and no. Hollywood has always remade films, but the it's more frequent right now than it ever has been. What's more of a shame is the fact that they re-start franchises and remake films simply for profit and not because they have a creative way of bringing the film into the modern age.
Have to look up the critic (think it was on Digital Bits) who once said that indie/B horror franchises that fall out of their original ownership, and jump from one no-name studio to another for no-relation title-franchise direct-video sequels "are like a game of Hot Potato: The franchise is passed hand-to-hand, from one producer to the next, and so on, until they run out of steam, and when the last one has to reboot the original movie, the Game is Over."

It's funny to read that at first, and think he's kidding.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #172
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

It just keeps getting better...

Quote:
Eric Draven Is An Invisible Bible Quoting Cop In ‘The Crow’ Remake?

Hot on the heels of the the news that Relativity and the Weinstein Company have cast Luke Evans (No One Lives, the upcoming Dracula prequel) to play Eric Draven in their reboot of The Crow, a script review has hit the net. And it’s not pretty.

Latino Review got their hands on the latest draft, and they’ve posted a thoughtful video review of it. And – despite pretty much hating it – they play fair, only reviewing the basis/conceit without going into any actual plot spoilers. It also seems like Da7e, who authored the piece, has a genuine affection for the material and posted his review as a warning shot saying, “there’s time to fix this. Please do.”

For one, they apparently throw in the kitchen sink with healing and ghost powers. Plus, Eric Draven is now a bible quoting police officer (not a rock musician) who has to paint his face because he’s invisible? The basic gist of the review is that the current draft is beyond saving and a page 1 rewrite is needed. Granted, I haven’t read it, but this assessment is fairly convincing.

Head inside for the video review (which includes even more details).
http://vimeo.com/65517005
Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #173
Banned

Jan 2013

A remake of the Crow this isn't right. I would never watch this, love the original and city of angels. This should just be a new charecter story like city of angels not a remake. Im starting to hate the word remake.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #174
Power Member

Feb 2013
Tracy Island
Default F. Javier Gutierrez Following the Graphic Novel Closely for Crow Reboot

Quote:
There's already a great deal of hoopla surrounding the long talked about remake of The Crow... the project has already been hampered by legal woes, negative story reactions, etc. Hopefully this latest tidbit of news will quell said negativity.

In a recent interview with Total Film, creator James O'Barr shed some light on what to expect from F. Javier Gutiérrez's upcoming film. According to O'Barr, Gutiérrez's vision will be even more faithful to the 1989 comic.

“It was [Javier's] idea to go right back to the source material and essentially shoot it shot-for-shot, as in the book, but with a little more backstory for some of the characters,” O’Barr told them. “He wants to be as faithful as possible, even down to all the visual metaphors of trains and horses.”

O’Barr, who is active in this new version of his book, talks on seeing Luke Evans in make-up: “The producers showed me some shots of [Luke Evans] in the make-up, and the tragedy really shows on his face, especially his eyes. He has a really commanding screen presence.”

All that being said... can we finally start getting a bit excited?

The film is being produced by Ed Pressman, Kevin Misher, Relativity’s CEO Ryan Kavanaugh, and Jeff Most. Exec producers include Relativity’s president Tucker Tooley, The Weinstein Co.’s Harvey and Bob Weinstein, and Farah Films’ Dan Farah.
"'Cause I'll rise again"
"There's slow, slow train coming up around the bend"
"to hell with the devil"
(1-0) Hawks Pacers (0-1) 'NBA'
Tigers (10-8) 'MLB'
White Sox vs Tigers

><(((:>
Old 08-07-2013, 01:00 AM   #175

Jul 2009

Love and respect the original film and the graphic novel. They better bit mess this up. I got sucked into seeing city of angels and hated it. Was most nothing more but a rush to cash in sequel, followed by more crap sequels I happily avoided. This might be the film to apologize for all that.
Sony XBR9 52"
YAMAHA RX-A2000
Sony PS3 250gb Slim/Blu-Ray / Xbox 360 GOW 320GB
Energy Connoissuer Towers C-5 (Front), Center C-7
Acoustic Research S112PS SubWoofer
Polk Audio (Back surround), Center (Rear)
Panamax M5100PM
Old 08-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #176

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
Luke Evans? Wow, this just became a direct-to-video level project.
why? just because they casted someone for the main role who's not Tom Hardy, Channing Tatum, Michael Fassbender or Ryan Gosling?
Old 08-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #177

Dec 2012
Eastern PA

I say we give Evans a chance.
Visit The Kleeblog
Old 08-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #178

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeberg View Post
I say we give Evans a chance.
Yes. They need to feed the fans via baby steps starting with a screen shot in full get up.
Sony XBR9 52"
YAMAHA RX-A2000
Sony PS3 250gb Slim/Blu-Ray / Xbox 360 GOW 320GB
Energy Connoissuer Towers C-5 (Front), Center C-7
Acoustic Research S112PS SubWoofer
Polk Audio (Back surround), Center (Rear)
Panamax M5100PM
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies