Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jupiter Ascending 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.97
Dracula Untold (Blu-ray)
$8.99
A Walk Among the Tombstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Guest (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Die Hard: 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$8.99
The Boxtrolls (Blu-ray)
$8.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2015, 05:08 PM   #5321
Gold Ranger Gold Ranger is offline
Suspended
 
Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY
730
37
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
No that's why I said when it comes out, then the marketing has already done its job and everyone knows what Dawn of Justice is, so they will then be safe to drop the Batman v Superman bit. Edge of Tomorrow got renamed Live Die Repeat after theatrical release so it could happen, who knows.
It did NOT get renamed...
For some reason, the Studio's Home Video Devision decided to make the Tag-Line Stand out more.
Edge of Tomorrow is still on the cover.
Edge of Tomorrow is still listed as the Catalog Number ID at the end of the Credits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:09 PM   #5322
Gold Ranger Gold Ranger is offline
Suspended
 
Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY
730
37
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
Cant be the "best" when that world hasnt defined them yet. Spray painted statues should indicate such.
I'm not talking about the movie, I'm responding to the people who said it should be called that because that's what the comic was called.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #5323
Batmon77 Batmon77 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Batmon77's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
I'm not talking about the movie, I'm responding to the people who said it should be called that because that's what the comic was called.
Dawn Of Justice: Batman Vs. The Man of Steel: World's Finest Super Friends!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Gold Ranger (04-27-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 05:22 PM   #5324
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
107
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
No that's why I said when it comes out, then the marketing has already done its job and everyone knows what Dawn of Justice is, so they will then be safe to drop the Batman v Superman bit. Edge of Tomorrow got renamed Live Die Repeat after theatrical release so it could happen, who knows.
Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah the title in the movie itself might be Dawn of Justice and they could re-brand it for home video. They kinda backed themselves into a corner by saying upfront that it's not exactly a Man of Steel sequel, and it has Batman, and it sets up Justicr League, and they have to package all this into something general audiences will want to see. The current title is clunky but I guess it's the best they can do. I never thought World's Finest was a good title. Something like Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice or Man of Steel: Return of the Knight or something maybe could've worked, but I dunno. Studio might have thought any Dark Knight connotation could probably confuse people into think Bale was back despite the extensive Affleck coverage.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac |

2015 list
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #5325
Gold Ranger Gold Ranger is offline
Suspended
 
Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY
730
37
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah the title in the movie itself might be Dawn of Justice and they could re-brand it for home video. They kinda backed themselves into a corner by saying upfront that it's not exactly a Man of Steel sequel, and it has Batman, and it sets up Justicr League, and they have to package all this into something general audiences will want to see. The current title is clunky but I guess it's the best they can do. I never thought World's Finest was a good title. Something like Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice or Man of Steel: Return of the Knight or something maybe could've worked, but I dunno. Studio might have thought any Dark Knight connotation could probably confuse people into think Bale was back despite the extensive Affleck coverage.
Justice League Origins
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:41 PM   #5326
sjconstable sjconstable is offline
Active Member
 
sjconstable's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
England
447
9
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
Justice League Origins
Dreadful, makes it sound like a prequel when it's not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #5327
Gold Ranger Gold Ranger is offline
Suspended
 
Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY
730
37
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
Dreadful, makes it sound like a prequel when it's not.
Technically, it could be considered a prequel...
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #5328
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
516
105
34
Default

The title was obviously a total marketing demand. I don't even like the subtitle though, the whole thing is meh.

I also hated Man of Steel as a title though, so whatever.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:25 PM.