Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jupiter Ascending 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.97
Dracula Untold (Blu-ray)
$8.99
A Walk Among the Tombstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Guest (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Die Hard: 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$8.99
The Boxtrolls (Blu-ray)
$8.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-27-2015, 05:08 PM   #5321
Suspended

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
No that's why I said when it comes out, then the marketing has already done its job and everyone knows what Dawn of Justice is, so they will then be safe to drop the Batman v Superman bit. Edge of Tomorrow got renamed Live Die Repeat after theatrical release so it could happen, who knows.
It did NOT get renamed...
For some reason, the Studio's Home Video Devision decided to make the Tag-Line Stand out more.
Edge of Tomorrow is still on the cover.
Edge of Tomorrow is still listed as the Catalog Number ID at the end of the Credits.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:09 PM   #5322
Suspended

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
Cant be the "best" when that world hasnt defined them yet. Spray painted statues should indicate such.
I'm not talking about the movie, I'm responding to the people who said it should be called that because that's what the comic was called.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #5323
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
I'm not talking about the movie, I'm responding to the people who said it should be called that because that's what the comic was called.
Dawn Of Justice: Batman Vs. The Man of Steel: World's Finest Super Friends!
Thanks given by:
Gold Ranger (04-27-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 05:22 PM   #5324
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008

Quote:
No that's why I said when it comes out, then the marketing has already done its job and everyone knows what Dawn of Justice is, so they will then be safe to drop the Batman v Superman bit. Edge of Tomorrow got renamed Live Die Repeat after theatrical release so it could happen, who knows.
Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah the title in the movie itself might be Dawn of Justice and they could re-brand it for home video. They kinda backed themselves into a corner by saying upfront that it's not exactly a Man of Steel sequel, and it has Batman, and it sets up Justicr League, and they have to package all this into something general audiences will want to see. The current title is clunky but I guess it's the best they can do. I never thought World's Finest was a good title. Something like Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice or Man of Steel: Return of the Knight or something maybe could've worked, but I dunno. Studio might have thought any Dark Knight connotation could probably confuse people into think Bale was back despite the extensive Affleck coverage.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac |

2015 list
Old 04-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #5325
Suspended

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah the title in the movie itself might be Dawn of Justice and they could re-brand it for home video. They kinda backed themselves into a corner by saying upfront that it's not exactly a Man of Steel sequel, and it has Batman, and it sets up Justicr League, and they have to package all this into something general audiences will want to see. The current title is clunky but I guess it's the best they can do. I never thought World's Finest was a good title. Something like Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice or Man of Steel: Return of the Knight or something maybe could've worked, but I dunno. Studio might have thought any Dark Knight connotation could probably confuse people into think Bale was back despite the extensive Affleck coverage.
Justice League Origins
Old 04-27-2015, 05:41 PM   #5326

Jan 2015
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
Justice League Origins
Dreadful, makes it sound like a prequel when it's not.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #5327
Suspended

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Dreadful, makes it sound like a prequel when it's not.
Technically, it could be considered a prequel...
Old 04-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #5328
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

The title was obviously a total marketing demand. I don't even like the subtitle though, the whole thing is meh.

I also hated Man of Steel as a title though, so whatever.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America