Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jupiter Ascending 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.97
Dracula Untold (Blu-ray)
$8.99
A Walk Among the Tombstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Guest (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Die Hard: 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$8.99
The Boxtrolls (Blu-ray)
$8.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #41
Jsmith82 Jsmith82 is offline
Expert Member
 
Jsmith82's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Missouri, USA
59
Default

I caught this the other day, Starz3D, I thought it was pretty funny. Kept my kid entertained (without glasses).
Want to manually convert 2d to 3d yourself and accurately - not with an automated software? Check out my topic and tutorial here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #42
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith82 View Post
I caught this the other day, Starz3D, I thought it was pretty funny. Kept my kid entertained (without glasses).
Good to hear. What did you think of the 3D?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #43
nyraiderfan nyraiderfan is offline
Senior Member
 
nyraiderfan's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Long Island N,Y,
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Good to hear. What did you think of the 3D?
I own the 3D version, it was a cute entertaining movie with good 3D. I've had the movie almost 3 months and have watched it 3x already. My 8 year old niece also loved it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (07-18-2015)
Old 07-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #44
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
105
Exclamation

This September 2015, Hotel Transylvania 2 hits theaters in 3D. I really hope they amp up the 3D...

I got this movie the other week for 9.99$ on blu ray 3D since it has a free movie pass for Pixels 3D (up to 7.50$ off a ticket). So that's almost like getting a free blu ray 3D just for going to see Pixels 3D.

Hotel Transylvania was mildly interesting, but has that familiar fast twitch character design, where they move like a small bird or chicken twitches its head around, a style made famous by the Madagascar movies I'd say.

The 3D, very mild most of the way, with some action scenes having medium 3D at times, and probably one or two high medium 3D shots. In other words, the 3D looks more like 2D most of the time. Disappointing. This is from Sony Animation, the same team that made the brilliantly strong 3D in Open Season back in 2006.

This 3D effort reminds me of something Pixar would do with mild 3D, or the Paranorman or Coraline 3D movie, where most of the time the 3D is mild if compared to strong 3D like Open Season 3D. The 3D is so tame most of the time, it's not exciting to watch in 3D except for when a rare action scene occurs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:29 AM   #45
Jay Ellis Jay Ellis is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
This September 2015, Hotel Transylvania 2 hits theaters in 3D. I really hope they amp up the 3D...

I got this movie the other week for 9.99$ on blu ray 3D since it has a free movie pass for Pixels 3D (up to 7.50$ off a ticket). So that's almost like getting a free blu ray 3D just for going to see Pixels 3D.

Hotel Transylvania was mildly interesting, but has that familiar fast twitch character design, where they move like a small bird or chicken twitches its head around, a style made famous by the Madagascar movies I'd say.

The 3D, very mild most of the way, with some action scenes having medium 3D at times, and probably one or two high medium 3D shots. In other words, the 3D looks more like 2D most of the time. Disappointing. This is from Sony Animation, the same team that made the brilliantly strong 3D in Open Season back in 2006.

This 3D effort reminds me of something Pixar would do with mild 3D, or the Paranorman or Coraline 3D movie, where most of the time the 3D is mild if compared to strong 3D like Open Season 3D. The 3D is so tame most of the time, it's not exciting to watch in 3D except for when a rare action scene occurs.
I completely agree Zivouhr, I'm in the process of watching Hotel Transylvania, and the 3d is pretty mild. I was afraid my 3d tv was broke.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:31 AM   #46
mseeley mseeley is offline
Special Member
 
mseeley's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
CA
91
Default

I finally was able to snag a copy of the movie for that 10 dollar sale price along with getting the movie cash for pixels with it. So stoked to watch it again. I remembered the 3d being kind of mild too, but it's been years since I saw it in theaters so I'm gonna keep an open mind on the 3d lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:41 PM   #47
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ellis View Post
I completely agree Zivouhr, I'm in the process of watching Hotel Transylvania, and the 3d is pretty mild. I was afraid my 3d tv was broke.
Thanks. Whoever it is on the Sony Animation 3D team who thinks kids can't handle strong 3D; I grew up being a fan of 3D because of strong 3D presentations at the theme park 3D theaters and would've never become a fan if it was always mild 3D. The strong 3D had me in awe as a kid and never hurt my eyes, including the red/cyan 3D movies on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
I finally was able to snag a copy of the movie for that 10 dollar sale price along with getting the movie cash for pixels with it. So stoked to watch it again. I remembered the 3d being kind of mild too, but it's been years since I saw it in theaters so I'm gonna keep an open mind on the 3d lol
Yeah, it's a good deal, even if the 3D was mild in Hotel.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:25 PM.