Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.32
20 hrs ago
12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$29.33
17 hrs ago
Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

The Blacklist: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Blockers (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Truth or Dare (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Tag (Blu-ray)
$22.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Home from the Hill (Blu-ray)
$13.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 05-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #1

Nov 2006
Default Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD Review Thread

Sorry, only for europe yet. This is first DLNA compatible High-Def player in the world.

Dolby TrueHD is supported, perhaps it is on board decoding.
Near future, revision up model which direct bitstream out of hi-def audio to slate, but I think this model is also upgradable.

>>http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/campaign/p...s/bdplx70.html

Oh, CD playable.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #2

May 2007

About time Europe got a bit more choice. Hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Special Member

Feb 2006
Thumbs up Pioneer BDP-94HD Elite Blu-Ray Disc Player

Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray Disc Player Fulfills Promise of the HD Disc Format with Unbeatable Picture Quality

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...20&newsLang=en

Quote:
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. offers the pinnacle of home theater to entertainment junkies with the introduction of its next generation Blu-ray Disc® player, the Elite® BDP-94HD. The well-rounded player offers playback of the newest high resolution audio formats, home networking capabilities and is easily integrated into even the most complicated home theaters. However, it shines most in its ability to deliver stunning image quality of Blu-ray Disc titles.

“The decision to purchase a Blu-ray Disc player is generally made because a consumer recognizes the benefits of the HD quality. This new player is a prime example of our dedication to exceptional quality, creating sights and sounds that leave an emotional impression for movie enthusiasts,” said Chris Walker, senior manager of marketing and product planning at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “A significant aspect to a quality home theater is convenience and this unit is designed to deliver high performance with minimal user effort for a premier entertainment experience.”

The BDP-94HD arrives at specialty retailers this month, and will be bundled with two Blu-ray Disc film titles giving consumers the opportunity to enjoy these feature films in premium Dolby® TrueHD lossless advanced audio. The BDP-94HD has a suggested price of $1000.

Home Theater Integration

Pioneer designed the BDP-94HD for seamless home theater integration via HDMI® Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) technology. The new feature allows users to synchronize the Blu-ray Disc player with multiple CEC-enabled home theater products to manage an entire system with a single remote control. The newly designed graphical user interface enables simple navigation with easy to read icons.

Home Media Gallery

The BDP-94HD offers an enhanced version of Pioneer’s exclusive Home Media Gallery home networking feature. With faster navigation, consumers can stream video and music content as well as view photo slideshows directly from their computer in high definition. With IP networking and a new user interface, Pioneer makes it extremely easy for users to access and load protected content and even download new digital media files straight from their computer for immediate viewing through the player on a large flat screen television. It is compliant with Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), Windows PC’s using Windows Media Connect, and Microsoft’s playsforsure™ DRM technology.

Movie Theater Playback Performance

Pioneer ensures smooth universal product compatibility with state-of-the-art HDMI connectivity to rapidly transfer pure digital video and audio data between source and display resulting in uncompromised imagery of Blu-ray Disc and standard definition DVD. It offers superb audio performance with internal decoding of premium Dolby TrueHD lossless audio technology for high-definition content and Dolby® Digital Plus, a highly flexible audio technology that delivers outstanding high-definition sound and up to 7.1 channels of surround sound for a richer, more involving entertainment experience.

Pioneer’s Home Entertainment and Business Solutions Group develops high definition home theater equipment for sports and entertainment junkies. Its flat panel televisions, Blu-ray Disc players, A/V receivers and speakers heighten the emotions created by great HD content. The company brands include Pioneer® and Elite®. When purchased from an authorized retailer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years with Elite products. More details can be located at www.pioneerelectronics.com.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Thanks for the information link marzetta7. Pioneer did a good job keeping this player a secret. They waited until the actual month the player is planned on being released before making an announcement. This new Pioneer player is $500 cheaper and hopefully offers just as good or better picture quality then the first generation player. The player has full support for 7.1 Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus is great news. To bad it does not have full support for DTS-HD

The following websites claim the Pioneer BDP-94HD contains only HDMI 1.2. I would be surprised if this was true. What ticks me off is some websites are complaining about the price. I do not mind spending $1,000 for a high-end BLU-RAY player. Also this player is $500 cheaper then the first generation model. As long as the quality is the same or better Pioneer did a good job of bring the price down $500. We will have to wait for a review to see if the picture quality is just as good or better then the $1500 first generation Pioneer BLU-RAY player.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/pioneer-elite-bdp_94hd/

http://crunchgear.com/2007/05/09/pioneer-announces-elite-bdp-94hd-blu-ray-player
Old 05-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
Special Member

Mar 2006
Omaha, NE

I am trying to figure out how they will sell the $1500 model? This model is $500 less and has the same specs plus more features. Are they discontinuing the other one?
Panasonic- TH50PZ700U, Denon AVR-3808 (Pre/Pro), B&K Reference 200.7 Amplifier, Denon DBP2010CI, Quad 22L Floorstanding, Quad L Centre, Quad 12L Bookshelf, HSU Research VTF3 Mk2 Subwoofer (all in Rosewood), All Audioquest interconnects
Old 05-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokrman14 View Post
I am trying to figure out how they will sell the $1500 model? This model is $500 less and has the same specs plus more features. Are they discontinuing the other one?
According to my sources the $1500 model is now out of production. It is being replaced with the improved $1000 model.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #7

Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokrman14 View Post
Yes, the BDP-HD1 is discontinued.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:56 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

The Pioneer BDP-94HD will play CD’s which is a nice improvement over the first generation model.
The player will accept both DVDs and CDs in addition to Blu-ray Discs.”
http://www.twice.com/article/CA6440891.html?rssid=84
Old 05-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #9
Power Member

Mar 2005
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
Yes, the BDP-HD1 is discontinued.
what you mean discontinued?
looks good enough for any BD buyer
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/hd-dvd-bluray/2142/pioneer-elite-bdp-hd1-blu-ray-disc-player.html
Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 PM   #10

Nov 2006
Toronto

Seems that Blu-ray, unlike anything else Pioneer puts out under the Elite brand, is subjected to special pricing judgement.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #11

Apr 2006

I'll bet this will street for $799. Sounds sweet.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

QUOTE from twice:
The $1,000-suggested BDP-94HD Blu-ray player ships in May bundled with two Blu-ray Disc titles that would be among the first with Dolby TrueHD soundtracks. Initial Blu-ray Discs mainly featured Dolby and DTS 5.1 soundtracks, but multichannel PCM was included on some, the company has said.

The BDP-94HD features losslessly compressed Dolby Digital TrueHD decoding, and losslessly compressed DTS-HD Master Audio and lossy DTS-HD High Resolution Audio decoding might be available later as an upgrade loaded via disc, a spokeswoman said. That would enable the player to decode all Blu-ray and HD DVD mandatory and optional surround sound formats.
Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master, however, can’t be transported in native form over the player’s HDMI 1.2 output, but the player transcodes surround formats to PCM for transport over HDMI 1.2.”
http://www.twice.com/article/CA6441105.html
Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #13
Expert Member

Jan 2005
Makati, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
Looks like the American version of the European-market BDP-LX70 Blu-ray Player.

Heck, I think it has exactly the same specs: Dolby True HD support, 1080p/24fps, universal PAL/NTSC/SECAM support, same-exact remote control units, Japan-made (most likely), DLNA compatibility and BOTH PLAY CD DISCS.

I mean other than the font color (silver for Euro-spec, gold for America-spec), these players are EXACTLY THE SAME
Old 05-12-2007, 02:12 AM   #14
Banned

Apr 2007

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-971...?tag=cnetfd.mt

Crave has taken a huge dump on this player, because of it:

1. lacking HDMI 1.3 (it has 1.2)

2. no mention of CD support (the previous model wouldn't play CDs)

3. no mention of enhanced standard DVD upconversion (the previous model didn't do it)

They told people to go out and get the Samsung BD-P1200
Old 05-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmatiz2 View Post
http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-971...?tag=cnetfd.mt

Crave has taken a huge dump on this player, because of it:

1. lacking HDMI 1.3 (it has 1.2)

2. no mention of CD support (the previous model wouldn't play CDs)

3. no mention of enhanced standard DVD upconversion (the previous model didn't do it)

They told people to go out and get the Samsung BD-P1200
One can not always believe everything they read online.
I am also disappointed the Pioneer does not have HDMI 1.3 support.
The Pioneer BDP-94HD will play CD’s which is a nice improvement over the first generation model.
The player will accept both DVDs and CDs in addition to Blu-ray Discs.”
http://www.twice.com/article/CA6440891.html?rssid=84

The first generation Pioneer player has excellent DVD up conversion quality. Pioneer’s second generation player will also include DVD up conversion.

The $1500 Pioneer BDP-HD1 has the best picture quality so far and is a reference machine used to compare all other BLU-RAY players picture quality.

QUOTE Sound and Vision
BOTTOM LINE If your main goal is getting top-notch video performance from a Blu-ray Disc player, Pioneer's BDP-HD1 is the one to buy. Of the four players I've tested so far, this model was by far the picture-quality standout.”

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/hd-dvd-bluray/2142/pioneer-elite-bdp-hd1-blu-ray-disc-player-page3.html

For only $200 more the Pioneer BDP-94HD is more attractive then the Samsung BD-P1200. Most likely the Pioneer will have a better picture quality then the BD-P1200. We will have to wait until both players are reviewed to see which one has the best picture quality. Lacking HDMI 1.3 is the only major disappointment with the Pioneer.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #16

May 2007
Default Anyone have the Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD?

I was wondering what you guys think of this player and how you think it will compare to the DMP-BD10A.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

It should be even better. It's a pioneer Elite

Better DACs, better filtering, better build, better everything.

Whether or not it matters to you the price diff is up to you.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #18
PillaTike

Default chemia profesjonalna

hell yea.thanx for sharing this post with me.i just found it buy google couse i was searching for
more info about this.Ang WOOHOO! i found your post that was so usefull for me
feel free to drop me email i will send small donation! love for all you here.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #19

Jul 2007
Default Does anyone got the Pioneer BDP-94HD?

Just when I was ready to order the BDP-94HD, I found a review online that made me think twice about this product, the lack of HDMI 1.3 among others, I know that Pioneer has excellent products but $999.00 I think is way to expensive, anyway ...if i can get some users reviews ( i know theres a lot of BR"Pros here) with your cons or pros it might help me to decide, open to any suggestions!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #20

Jun 2007
Columbia, SC
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender

I'm a big Pioneer Elite fan, but I'm going to wait another generation or two until the sort out all the HDMI 1.3, BD-J, Profile 1.1, etc. Hopefully by then they will also include SACD/DVD-A.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders