Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$95.24
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #81
Sean B. Sean B. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sean B.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga
105
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
Numbers are scaring me a bit, actually.

Is this making it's budget back quick enough to be considered a success? Different sites have the budget listed between $220-280 Million (although 280 seems a little too much to be true). $79 Mil opening domestic, $150 Mil worldwide, I think? Let's see if word of mouth helps the second weekend to pick up.

But yeah, you obviously saw what I mean, Sean. That energy some actors get that just screams; "I love being here!" I haven't really felt that way since Star Trek, and after analysis of the special features of that disk you could see everyone on set just loving it!
I would say that it is making its budget back quick enough to be considered a success. Wait until the end of its theatrical run in movie theaters and then check out its box office numbers, to then see if it did in fact make back what its budget is or more then what its budget is. I would think that we won't really know how much it made entirely, until its theatrical run in theaters is over. Also, yes i think everyone from Oz: The Great and Powerful had a blast making this movie, that is including all the cast of Oz: The Great and Powerful as well.

Last edited by Sean B.; 01-08-2014 at 04:34 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #82
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
AmrlKJaneway's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
60
135
159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
I would say that it is making its budget back quick enough to be considered a success. Wait until the end of its theatrical run in movie theaters and then check out its box office numbers, to then see if it did in fact make back what budget is or more then what its budget is. I would think that we won't really know how much it made entirely, until its theatrical run in theaters is over. Also, yes i think everyone from Oz: The Great and Powerful had a blast making this movie, that is including all the cast of Oz: The Great and Powerful as well.
Raimi and Danny had their little tiff during Spiderman and that's all good now, and the way the cast of Spiderman refused to do more films without him makes him seem like a fun guy to be around. Bruce Campbell can't seem to say "no" to him!

About the numbers, it is easy to get scared when you like something this much. I'll take your advice and relax for a while... I know I'm adding to them again soon. I only took my oldest son the other day. I have four other children and a wife, and they all missed out. So we're all going next week!
Display: BenQ MW519, 8mm PJ, Panasonic 50" TH-50PX70A, LG 42" 42LA6230, Soniq 32" LCD, LG 23.6" w2363D
Sound: LG 5.1 DVD combo, Logitech 5.1
Players: Apple TV x3, Sony PS4 500GB, Sony PS3 Slim 160GB, Soniq 3D BDP
Computers i3 Desktop, Asus i7 Laptop, iMac 19" 2007
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #83
Sean B. Sean B. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sean B.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga
105
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
Raimi and Danny had their little tiff during Spiderman and that's all good now, and the way the cast of Spiderman refused to do more films without him makes him seem like a fun guy to be around. Bruce Campbell can't seem to say "no" to him!

About the numbers, it is easy to get scared when you like something this much. I'll take your advice and relax for a while... I know I'm adding to them again soon. I only took my oldest son the other day. I have four other children and a wife, and they all missed out. So we're all going next week!
Yes, i agree. It is easy to get scared when you like something this much, meaning about how much it makes in the box office. I aways try to not worry about a movie that is in theaters that i like, when there is one in theaters that it like because i want for it to be able to do good in the box office.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:29 AM   #84
Dead By Shaun Dead By Shaun is offline
Senior Member
 
Dead By Shaun's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
Behind the Orange Curtain
106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
I want a sequel as well. As long as James Franco, Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams and Mila Kunis all return for it, including the director Sam Raimi and music composer Danny Elfman for the music in it.
Not to burst anyone's bubble but...

Quote:
Sam Raimi Not Interested in Directing OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL Sequel

Hereís Raimiís spoilery response to being asked if he would return to helm a sequel to Oz the Great and Powerful

[Show spoiler]I havenít planned on directing the sequel. I did leave some loose ends for another director if they want to make the picture. I tried to make it a complete ending, so that the audience would be fulfilled, but I also let Evanora and Theodora get away. I was attracted to this story but I donít think the second one would have the thing I would need to get me interested.


Source: http://collider.com/sam-raimi-oz-the...werful-sequel/
Bummer... I love Sam and would be thrilled to see him return for the Oz sequel. Fingers crossed he changes his mind... and if not, then hopefully he gives us the fourth installment in the Evil Dead franchise we've all been waiting for
"As long as your heart's in the right place, we don't care what you put in your mouth." - Colonel Stars and Stripes
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:17 AM   #85
Sean B. Sean B. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sean B.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga
105
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead By Shaun View Post
Not to burst anyone's bubble but...



Bummer... I love Sam and would be thrilled to see him return for the Oz sequel. Fingers crossed he changes his mind... and if not, then hopefully he gives us the fourth installment in the Evil Dead franchise we've all been waiting for
He said that he has not planned on directing the sequel, he did not say he was not coming back for the sequel .
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #86
EricJ EricJ is offline
Suspended
 
EricJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
He said that he has not planned on directing the sequel, he did not say he was not coming back for the sequel .
Sam Raimi is famous for being the George Harrison of action-movie directors:
He doesn't do tact, and we respect him for that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #87
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
AmrlKJaneway's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
60
135
159
Default

Saddened to hear about Raimi not directing... but hopeful. He could always be involved like Sean B. said, and perhaps varied directors over the series could have a nice feel too, like the original Star Wars trilogy. Now, I know I've been blowing smoke up (or out, or whatever) Oz's arse since I saw it, but I'm not comparing it to the original Star Wars trilogy... I just am.
Display: BenQ MW519, 8mm PJ, Panasonic 50" TH-50PX70A, LG 42" 42LA6230, Soniq 32" LCD, LG 23.6" w2363D
Sound: LG 5.1 DVD combo, Logitech 5.1
Players: Apple TV x3, Sony PS4 500GB, Sony PS3 Slim 160GB, Soniq 3D BDP
Computers i3 Desktop, Asus i7 Laptop, iMac 19" 2007
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #88
Sean B. Sean B. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sean B.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga
105
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Sam Raimi is famous for being the George Harrison of action-movie directors:
He doesn't do tact, and we respect him for that.
Sorry for my confusion but what do you mean by that exactly ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #89
EricJ EricJ is offline
Suspended
 
EricJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
Sorry for my confusion but what do you mean by that exactly ?
If Raimi's got a grievance, he doesn't mind taking it to the audience and going public with it:
When Sony tried releasing the, quote, "Director's cut" of Spiderman 2, Raimi was in interviews saying "This's a joke--Maybe there's a few extra seconds of alternate cuts, but every scene I shot ended up in the theatrical version. This is nothing but a marketing ripoff by the studio."

(So, if Raimi publicly says he doesn't want to do a sequel, even though Alice-hungry Disney keeps throwing one at him....I'd be inclined to believe him.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #90
SwaggerJagger SwaggerJagger is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SwaggerJagger's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
California!
365
58
54
30
Default

I just want Franco + Kunis back for it.
Anna Faris' Biggest Fan

"No money. No family. Middle of Miami. I've been up all night, tryna get that rich. I've been work work work work working on my shit."
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #91
Sean B. Sean B. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sean B.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga
105
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Sam Raimi is famous for being the George Harrison of action-movie directors:
He doesn't do tact, and we respect him for that.
I just hope he will return for the OZ the Great and Powerful sequel .
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
Saddened to hear about Raimi not directing... but hopeful. He could always be involved like Sean B. said, and perhaps varied directors over the series could have a nice feel too, like the original Star Wars trilogy. Now, I know I've been blowing smoke up (or out, or whatever) Oz's arse since I saw it, but I'm not comparing it to the original Star Wars trilogy... I just am.
There is still the chance that he will direct the Oz: The Great and Powerful sequel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
If Raimi's got a grievance, he doesn't mind taking it to the audience and going public with it:
When Sony tried releasing the, quote, "Director's cut" of Spiderman 2, Raimi was in interviews saying "This's a joke--Maybe there's a few extra seconds of alternate cuts, but every scene I shot ended up in the theatrical version. This is nothing but a marketing ripoff by the studio."

(So, if Raimi publicly says he doesn't want to do a sequel, even though Alice-hungry Disney keeps throwing one at him....I'd be inclined to believe him.)
He will likely return to direct the sequel anyway, regardless of what he said about returning to direct a sequel. Hopefully he'll like the script enough for sequel to return to direct it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerJagger View Post
I just want Franco + Kunis back for it.
Same here . I hope that Rachel Weisz will return as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #92
SwaggerJagger SwaggerJagger is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SwaggerJagger's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
California!
365
58
54
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
[Show spoiler]I just hope he will return for the OZ the Great and Powerful sequel .

There is still the chance that he will direct the Oz: The Great and Powerful sequel.

He will likely return to direct the sequel anyway, regardless of what he said about returning to direct a sequel. Hopefully he'll like the script enough for sequel to return to direct it .


Same here . I hope that Rachel Weisz will return as well.
Honestly, if Franco is replaced, I will probably not want to see it.
Anna Faris' Biggest Fan

"No money. No family. Middle of Miami. I've been up all night, tryna get that rich. I've been work work work work working on my shit."
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #93
jkh206 jkh206 is offline
Member
 
Jul 2011
Default

Just saw this today and loved it. There is absolutely no need for a sequel or a prequel to the prequel or anything else. They should leave well enough alone.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #94
Sean B. Sean B. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sean B.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga
105
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerJagger View Post
Honestly, if Franco is replaced, I will probably not want to see it.
I don't think he will be replaced in the sequel. He did perfectly fine in Oz: The Great and Powerful. I'm sure he is going to return for Oz: The Great and Powerful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #95
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
AmrlKJaneway's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
60
135
159
Default

Fingers crossed for the whole cast and crew to return (to Oz)!

If, and I doubt this, Franco and Kunis had to be replaced, I wouldn't want that Oz film to be in the same series as this one. It has been a loooooong time since I've loved any performances as much as these two, so if I saw any other actors in these roles (and we all will, over and over and over...) I wouldn't want it to be a "sequel" to this.

And I only didn't love Weisz as much, because I'm not familiar with the character.
[Show spoiler] I mean, honestly, all I'd seen happen to her in the past is death by falling house
. Like, $%^&, if that's you're only story arc, I don't care if your played by Miley Cyrus. But Weisz introduced me to the character and sold it, whereas I watched Franco and Kunis NAIL their characters!

And looking at the end, I think
[Show spoiler]Weisz
is going to be essential to the sequel.
Display: BenQ MW519, 8mm PJ, Panasonic 50" TH-50PX70A, LG 42" 42LA6230, Soniq 32" LCD, LG 23.6" w2363D
Sound: LG 5.1 DVD combo, Logitech 5.1
Players: Apple TV x3, Sony PS4 500GB, Sony PS3 Slim 160GB, Soniq 3D BDP
Computers i3 Desktop, Asus i7 Laptop, iMac 19" 2007
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:11 AM   #96
Sean B. Sean B. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sean B.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga
105
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
Fingers crossed for the whole cast and crew to return (to Oz)!

If, and I doubt this, Franco and Kunis had to be replaced, I wouldn't want that Oz film to be in the same series as this one. It has been a loooooong time since I've loved any performances as much as these two, so if I saw any other actors in these roles (and we all will, over and over and over...) I wouldn't want it to be a "sequel" to this.

And I only didn't love Weisz as much, because I'm not familiar with the character.
[Show spoiler] I mean, honestly, all I'd seen happen to her in the past is death by falling house
. Like, $%^&, if that's you're only story arc, I don't care if your played by Miley Cyrus. But Weisz introduced me to the character and sold it, whereas I watched Franco and Kunis NAIL their characters!

And looking at the end, I think
[Show spoiler]Weisz
is going to be essential to the sequel.
I don't think anyone of the cast from the first movie(Oz: The Great and Powerful) will be replaced in the sequel. If any of the main cast from Oz: The Great and Powerful is replaced, then they will hurt the chance of the sequel doing just as good or better then the movie before it. People won't like it that they changed the cast in the sequel, if they do just so happen to replace any one from the first movie. I would that think that if they are smart about the casting, then they will keep everyone that was in Oz: the Great and Powerful and have them all return for the sequel.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:56 AM.