Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$18.69
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 03-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #221
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Beauty and the Beast is another one I recently watched on my new hmd. In-freaking-credible. From the first shot, my mouth was hanging open. The sense of depth and volume is amazing. Idont how they did it, but it's absolutely gorgeous. I hope Disney will give this treatment to some of their other films. Tarzan and The Hunchback of Notre Dame come to mind.
I remember feeling this way about BATB, but i didn't think The Lion King conversion was nearly as great in the theater. Does this look better in home 3D?
*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Old 04-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #222

Nov 2012

Is there any chance of getting either of these movies for under $30 in the future. I'm just starting to try to collect the disney/pixar films on bray but a lot of them are so expensive . especially the disney classics
Old 04-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #223

Feb 2012

Am afraid these 2 are Disney vault members so it is highly unlikely especially BATB!!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #224
Expert Member

Nov 2009
Over There

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoagogo69 View Post
Am afraid these 2 are Disney vault members so it is highly unlikely especially BATB!!
The Lion King is scheduled to go into the Vault on April 30, 2013. Maybe BestBuy will have a sale? I got mine last year for $19.99 at BBY when they had a Disney 3D sale around the Holidays.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #225

Nov 2012

yeah! It's $30 right now on amazon! probably the lowest we are going to see this get so i had to pick it up. so happy I waited. I almost bought it for > $40 last week.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #226
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
West Midlands, England

Hopefully when Disney decide to bring it out of the vault again at some point in the future they do a new 2D transfer of the film with the colour palette that's on the 3D transfer which is much, much closer to how the film looked theatrically then the current 2D transfer.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #227

May 2008
Mesa, AZ
Send a message via Yahoo to awamichael

I purchased BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 3D set from Amazon. It was brand new, sealed, and all codes for Disney Movie Rewards and Digital Copy are intact/unused. However, there was a disc missing: the second blu ray disc with bonus features. Did anyone else experience this? I sent an e-mail to Disney customer service, and will follow up with a phone call tomorrow. Being that this title is now in moratorium, I don't want to risk sending it back. Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:09 AM   #228
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by awamichael View Post
I purchased BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 3D set from Amazon. It was brand new, sealed, and all codes for Disney Movie Rewards and Digital Copy are intact/unused. However, there was a disc missing: the second blu ray disc with bonus features. Did anyone else experience this? I sent an e-mail to Disney customer service, and will follow up with a phone call tomorrow. Being that this title is now in moratorium, I don't want to risk sending it back. Any feedback is appreciated.
I'd contact the store and see what they say. Sorry to hear about that.
If that doesn't work, I'd go through the company who made it.
I've actually seen first hand, inside a DVD, Blu Ray factory, where the human workers pack thousands of discs repetively one by one per shift, with some room for human error. So it can definitely happen, even if machines were packing it instead.

In the past, this happened to me once as well. Went to the store where I bought it, and they told me to contact the company instead. Did so and finally got the disc I paid for a couple months later. Better late than never though.

Yes, I've seen B&Beast 3D for something like 54.99$ and up online. Definitely the stronger 3D one to get of the two cel converted 3D titles, other one being Lion King 3D.

Upcoming Little Mermaid 3D. Hopefully we eventually get Aladdin 3D.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #229

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by awamichael View Post
I have encountered this problem too. when i go to the features, some will play and others say "insert disc number 2"

so, no answers from me on this but just to let you know others experience this too.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #230
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I'd contact the store and see what they say. Sorry to hear about that.
If that doesn't work, I'd go through the company who made it.
I've actually seen first hand, inside a DVD, Blu Ray factory, where the human workers pack thousands of discs repetively one by one per shift, with some room for human error. So it can definitely happen, even if machines were packing it instead.

In the past, this happened to me once as well. Went to the store where I bought it, and they told me to contact the company instead. Did so and finally got the disc I paid for a couple months later. Better late than never though.

Yes, I've seen B&Beast 3D for something like 54.99$ and up online. Definitely the stronger 3D one to get of the two cel converted 3D titles, other one being Lion King 3D.

Upcoming Little Mermaid 3D. Hopefully we eventually get Aladdin 3D.
I was watching 3d clips on youtube for Lion King and I thought the 3d looked strong. Beauty and the Beast probably has the upperhand, but Lion King, looks even better than I remember in 3D
Old 02-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #231
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

I was very tempted to pick up The Lion King today when I saw a used copy in a shop for 20,the reviews on the 3D side of things sound very good.
Film=Priority,Packaging=Not really bothered.

I spent a lot of money on booze,bird's and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...............George Best.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #232
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

To me, BatB and TLK were pretty much equals in conversion quality and depth strength. BatB's finale is pretty spectacular in 3D though, so I'd pick it as the favorite of the two. I got them each for about $20 used and really enjoyed the experience from both. If you're on the fence, go for it.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones
Old 04-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #233
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

40% amazon price drop on TLK 3D, folks... check the deals thread...
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=239643
Old 04-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #234
Special Member

Mar 2011

...and I just bought it yesterday on EBAY at the same price it was - $45.
Wanted: Warner Bros UK 90th Anniversary slipcovers for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Exorcist, and A Clockwork Orange. Replacement Sleeve Insert for Criterion's "Chungking Express" and Digipak for "The Third Man".
Old 04-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #235
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 View Post
...and I just bought it yesterday on EBAY at the same price it was - $45.

I think we've all been there...
Old 04-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #236
Special Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post

I think we've all been there...
I wanted a guaranteed slip...so it came out close to $50 after shipping for the eBay copy. On Amazon, I would have saved a couple bucks for shipping and might not have got a slip. But with this $15 price drop down to $30...I could have easily picked up a slip off eBay or here for less than $20.
Wanted: Warner Bros UK 90th Anniversary slipcovers for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Exorcist, and A Clockwork Orange. Replacement Sleeve Insert for Criterion's "Chungking Express" and Digipak for "The Third Man".
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies