Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
21 hrs ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
21 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
The Wizard of Oz 3D (Blu-ray)
$46.70
22 min ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Coming to America (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate TMNT
.5 Star 31 16.58%
1 Star 8 4.28%
1.5 Star 4 2.14%
2 Stars 16 8.56%
2.5 Stars 16 8.56%
3 Stars 30 16.04%
3.5 Stars 34 18.18%
4 Stars 26 13.90%
4.5 Stars 10 5.35%
5 Stars 12 6.42%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #5961
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Brannigan View Post
It had some fun moments, but the movie was spiraled out of control when they made April the center of everything. It was unnecessary and stupid.
it's the same stupid reasoning behind why they don't do a transformer movie with actual TRANSFORMERS as the main characters... cuz ya know we all need that human interaction to "bond" with the film.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #5962

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
it's the same stupid reasoning behind why they don't do a transformer movie with actual TRANSFORMERS as the main characters... cuz ya know we all need that human interaction to "bond" with the film.
Humans are over rated.
Thanks given by:
mrr1 (12-18-2014), yeslek (11-05-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #5963
Expert Member

Feb 2009

I guarantee April will not be the focus of the sequel.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #5964
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
District 13

So stupid when people go "People actually liked this?" Yes. Because some people hate it. That means everyone hates it.
My Blu rays for sale Thread The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here. Favorite Movies Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past & The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

I've finished a third draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.

DL the script in this link and PM me what you think.
Thanks given by:
Chaotic (11-03-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #5965
Special Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
So stupid when people go "People actually liked this?" Yes. Because some people hate it. That means everyone hates it.
Awww.....sensitive people. I was merely just showing how god awful I thought it was personally. I realize people do in fact like it for whatever reason. I, myself, found it deplorable. The back-story how she saved the little turtles and rat from the fire was horrible and the script....just boring. And the CGI just wasn't that great.
Projection Room Setup:
Speakers: Polk FXi A6 / Polk CSi A6 / Polk RTi A3 / Polk RTi A9
Power Conditioner : APC H15
Amps: Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-7
Pre-Amp: Emotiva USP-1
Remote: Logitech Harmoney 1100 w/PS3 Adaptor
CD Player: Emotiva ERC-2
Thanks given by:
X400 (11-03-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #5966
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Kent

Quote:
it's reasonable to be surprised that there are more than a few who like something extremely bad

obviously there is an audience for everything (that's why uwe boll gets to make movies) but it still comes as a surprise, especially if the number of people who like it are greater than what would be considered a niche market

im in the same boat as Golden here, i can enjoy some pretty bad movies too but im still surprised so many enjoyed the new tmnt
Old 11-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #5967
Suspended

Mar 2009

Quote:
People just love to insult others. Nothing new to this forum sadly.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #5968
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
the fact you take surprise as an insult is astonishing...which i guess will be taken as an insult by you... you really shouldn't look at it that way...

just to make it clear i don't think anyone is meaning to be insulting when they're surprised that something so bad can be enjoyed by more than a minority

just look at the ratings for this movie those who hate it are in the minority here and i think that's what's surprising for people not the fact that it's liked...i really can't convey any better on why it shouldn't be taken as an insult, sorry :/
Old 11-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #5969
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Exactly.

Foreign Box Office: ‘Ninja Turtles’ Cracks $400 Million, Fox International Breaks Record
Quote:
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” rocketed past the $400 million mark globally after debuting in first place in China.

Thanks largely to a warm reception in the People’s Republic, “Ninja Turtles” topped foreign charts with a $34.7 million haul. China made up the lion’s share of that figure with $26.5 million, but the Paramount Pictures release also racked up $2.3 million in the United Kingdom, $2.3 million in France and $1.6 million in Germany. Its total stands at $434.6 million globally.

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” wasn’t the only U.S. release hitting China this weekend. The martial arts adventure had to duke it out with 20th Century Fox’s “The Maze Runner,” which also debuted in the Asian country, where it picked up $13.7 million. That drove the young adult thriller to second place on the foreign charts, after it generated $23.8 million at the overseas box office. Its total now stands at $306.5 million worldwide.

“The Maze Runner’s” China numbers weren’t the only cause for celebration at Fox. The global successes of “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” “The Fault in Our Stars” and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” have pushed Fox International to $3.25 billion at the box office. That’s a new record, supplanting the $3.21 billion that Paramount enjoyed in 2011, a year that saw it release “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” “Super 8″ and “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.” Earlier this week, Fox’s domestic team shattered its previous record for stateside ticket sales. Happy days are here again in Century City.

“Gone Girl” continued to entangle foreign audiences, adding $15.3 million to its $279.5 million global total, which was good enough for third place. It screened in 51 territories and will likely pass “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” ($333.9 million worldwide) as director David Fincher’s biggest worldwide hit.

Sliding in just behind “Gone Girl” was Sony Pictures’ “Fury.” The World War II tank drama picked up $14.6 million from 45 territories, bringing its global take to $98.2 million.

Low-budget horror film “Annabelle” continued to broaden its profit margins, racking up $13.5 million across 63 territories. Produced by New Line for $6.7 million, it has so far generated $231.5 million worldwide. Scary good.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/te...ox-1201345496/
My Blu rays for sale Thread The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here. Favorite Movies Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past & The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

I've finished a third draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.

DL the script in this link and PM me what you think.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:21 AM   #5970

Aug 2011

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=111983
Old 12-09-2014, 06:01 AM   #5971
Expert Member

Feb 2014
Midwest

I want to own this movie soooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly!!

I also wouldn't mind seeing the 90's cartoon released onto BR!!
AUDIO = SB Audigy 2 ZS Soundcard--->Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 passthrough SPDIF--->Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Decoder. 10-inch, 188 watt sub-woofer. Owned for 8 years and thoroughly satisfied.
VIDEO = Nvidia GTX 560Ti--->DVI--->HDMI--->Acer 5360 - 3D DLP Projector My little baby! - Also 2 Nvidia3D Vision Glasses - On 2nd Bulb! 1st Bulb did 3048 hours, owned for 4 years!

BLU-RAY DRIVE = A Lite-On Blu-Ray 2010. SOFTWARE = Cyberlink PowerDVD 11.0 software on a Windows 7 64-Bit PC.
Thanks given by:
Michael Bay Fan (12-18-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #5972
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubrickKurasawa View Post
I also wouldn't mind seeing the 90's cartoon released onto BR!!
Sadly not gonna happen, nor for many other animated series from the 80s and 90s.
You can't stop progress.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #5973
Expert Member

Oct 2013
South London, UK
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

Well after much development and lots and lots of internet rumours flying around about this and that, we finally got the rebooted vision of our beloved Turtles. A movie that most dreaded for understandable reasons...reasons that mainly surrounded the turtles themselves and the plot. Most of these fears are unfortunately realised within reality pretty quickly I'm afraid to say. Within the first ten minutes we see a fight hidden in the shadows and where a turtle manages to hurl one of those gigantic metal shipping containers at the bad guys. Within the same first ten minutes we also see Shredders face unmasked and within the first twenty minutes or so April O'Neil get fired from her job as a reporter. The films just started and already we have two key Turtle elements out the window and apparently the turtles are mutants with super-duper strength.

So naturally the plot has been somewhat tinkered with when compared to previous incarnations of the Turtles and the original comicbook material. So naturally this means things don't make a lick of sense here in this movie. Here we discover that Splinter was not the pet of a Japanese man (nor was he a Japanese man mutated into a rat), instead he was rescued with the four turtles by a very young O'Neil from a medical research lab and released into the sewer. So this does tend to beg the question...why is Splinter Japanese? where did he get his Japanese attire from? why does he have his fur in a Japanese style and why does he speak like a wise old Japanese man? Are you telling me he got all this from the conveniently lost book of ninjutsu he found in the sewer? I could ask where on earth they get all their other stuff from such as their weapons but I guess you could throw that at the previous movies too.

'We're ninjas', 'we're mutants', 'technically we're turtles'...'and we're teenagers!'...Oh geez! got that covered then. Why would Mikey even say we're teenagers?

There are various plot issues throughout but frankly I can't be bothered to go through them all and also you can forgive to a degree because the Turtles have gone through many changes over various incarnations. But there are some things I must pick at like an annoying spot on your face. The turtles...geez where to begin! Well firstly their look...they look awful, like giant toxic avengers or Goomba's. They actually look quite unnerving, scary and creepy truth be told, and lets not forget this is suppose to be for the kids. The next major thing you notice is how ****ing massive they are, have they been living on pizza topped with steroids?! did you notice how huge Raph is here!! its utterly ridiculous, they're so big I dunno how they all fit into their turtle van at the end.

Their size makes things very uneven in the film, they are so big that fighting Foot clan soldiers is like a walk in the park. They are throwing these bad guys around like rag dolls, tossing them all over the place which is probably resulting in their deaths (kids film?). At one point a Foot soldier gets thrown through a moving subway trains window as it passes through the station! errr...kids film anyone? What's more these Foot soldiers all carry automatic weapons! so technically they should be able to mow the turtles down easily...oh no wait, the turtles are bulletproof in this incarnation, silly me. Yep these turtles are pretty much invincible in this movie, bullets bounce off their shells, they can knock bullets and projectiles out of the air with their hand weapons, they are giants with superhero muscles, they are able to withstand heavy impacts into large vehicles like Hummers whilst actually destroying that vehicle in the process, in fact any major fall or impact does nothing to them and basically they look like space monsters and talk like eerie stalker type weirdos. 'Do NOT say a word about this to anyone. If you do, we will find you, April O'Neil'...errr K!

As for old Splinter well I've already asked a few questions about him, but my next problem was how he looked...he looked ugly!! When I say ugly I mean horrible! scary, creepy, like something not made for kids. What the hell with his eyes man! I realise they're trying for a realistic approach but my God he looked evil with those eyes. The other thing was his whip-like tail, where did that come from?? since when could a rats tail do that?? OK I realise how that sounds but come on...Splinter doesn't do that, he doesn't take baddies down with a tentacle-like tail.

This leads me to the final main character in Shredder, they just don't learn to they. The general appearance of Shredder is fine, he wears the samurai armour, his helmet is pretty near the mark, his voice is deep and gravelly and from a distance he actually looks cool. Its only on closer inspection (and in the light) we see how far they have taken it and how badly they have ****ed it up. Firstly he looks like The Silver Samurai and is errmm...too silver and shiny, secondly his armour is way way too thick, bulky and elaborate and lastly (and most obviously) there are way way too many blades going on here. This is a case of the Predator wrist blades from 'AvP' but then add on about...I dunno...six or more all sticking out all over the place. His arms look like a flippin' penknife, all that's missing is the corkscrew. But to add salt into the wound Shredder now fires lots of smaller blades from his wrists too, a seemingly endless supply of them, oh and they all appear to be homing knives too because he can summon them back to his wrists, handy.

'I want you to drain every ounce of their blood, even if it kills them'...Errr wut? of course that will kill them.

In all honesty when the movie is set at night and in and around the sewers its not too bad, squint hard enough and you could almost make out a Turtles movie in here. Alas it doesn't last long before it goes absolutely berserk again. I mean of course the idiotic mountain sequence complete with a huge arctic, hummers, turtles tobogganing down the snowy mountain, bouncing between the crashing vehicles fighting Foot soldiers whilst being completely impervious too injury and all rendered in glorious CGI with greenscreens for your viewing pleasure. Seriously no injuries whatsoever after that turn of events, seriously. What's really dumb is how big is that flippin' mountain?! The sequence is about I dunno...six minutes, and its all sliding down this infinite mountain slope, plus there's a whopping big cliff at the end of it! Where was this mountain??!!

I won't have a go at everything here, believe it or not some of it was OK...errmm...well the CGI was nice of course, the turtles did look realistic can't dent that. The fights were well created and looked fast and furious which was cool, nice to see Splinter actually kick some ass for once. The turtles sewer home was also nicely crafted and looked recognisable to previous versions but with some decent touch ups in pop culture and technology. Typically though the bad outweighs the good tenfold, I'm not even completely sure who this movie is aimed at because I don't think Liebesman and co could make their minds up. Can someone please explain to me how the four turtles and O'Neil survive that last fall from the top of that skyscraper.

4/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmnt3.jpg (53.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg tmnt4.jpg (53.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg tmnt5.jpg (53.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg tmn6.jpg (55.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg tmnt2.jpg (64.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Spirit Zero; 12-18-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies