Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96
My Neighbor Totoro (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fast & Furious 1-6 Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.49
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$87.99
The Bible: The Epic Miniseries (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Weekend at Bernie's (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Vikings: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Howl's Moving Castle (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$7.50
3 Games to Glory IV (Blu-ray)
$34.59
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 03-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #801
jshaide jshaide is online now
Senior Member
 
jshaide's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
NYC
847
Default

What do you suppose the odds are that the Gerry Anderson stuff will eventually be upgraded to Blu-ray? Those complete series sets are tempting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #802
JackForrester JackForrester is offline
Senior Member
 
JackForrester's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
São Paulo, Brazil
21
Default

Now that they're dealing with Universal, I hope they can get their hands on A Kiss Before Dying.
Not a very popular film and most people don't like it, but who knows. The death scenes are great and Matt Dillon plays a great villain.
Many scenes got cut and the ending was a reshoot. Would love to see the original end at the copper factory. Maybe, maybe



Wishlist: The Hitcher (1986), Cruising (1980), Body Snatchers (1993), Deadly Friend (1986), The Haunted (1991), A Kiss Before Dying (1991), Clownhouse (1989), TCM - The Next Generation (1994), Single White Female (1992), Pacific Heights (1990), Blair Witch 2 (2000), The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut
http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:56 PM   #803
Mateo Sanboval Mateo Sanboval is offline
Senior Member
 
Mateo Sanboval's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
The Upper Left Hand Corner
98
Default

pardon my ignorance, but has Shout announced any Universal titles yet from the new "deal?"
Don't squat with your spurs on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #804
MTRodaba2468 MTRodaba2468 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
MTRodaba2468's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Western Kentucky
1
1686
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo Sanboval View Post
pardon my ignorance, but has Shout announced any Universal titles yet from the new "deal?"
If you count the titles being released under the Scream line, they've announced The Sentinel, The Legacy and The People Under The Stairs...
#1 WEE MAN FAN
http://mtrodaba2468.dvdaf.com
1000 Blu-Rays as of 11/09/13: John Cassavetes: Five Films: Criterion Collection
1600 Blu-Rays as of 2/17/15: Game Of Thrones: Season 4
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #805
JackForrester JackForrester is offline
Senior Member
 
JackForrester's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
São Paulo, Brazil
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo Sanboval View Post
pardon my ignorance, but has Shout announced any Universal titles yet from the new "deal?"
Pardon mine, but I don't know. But since I saw the words Universal is dealing with Shout/Scream I thought of one of my childhood favorites, AKBD
Wishlist: The Hitcher (1986), Cruising (1980), Body Snatchers (1993), Deadly Friend (1986), The Haunted (1991), A Kiss Before Dying (1991), Clownhouse (1989), TCM - The Next Generation (1994), Single White Female (1992), Pacific Heights (1990), Blair Witch 2 (2000), The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut
http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #806
JackForrester JackForrester is offline
Senior Member
 
JackForrester's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
São Paulo, Brazil
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
If you count the titles being released under the Scream line, they've announced The Sentinel, The Legacy and The People Under The Stairs...
Yeah, I wasn't counting these. Very excited about them as well, especially The People Under The Stairs
Wishlist: The Hitcher (1986), Cruising (1980), Body Snatchers (1993), Deadly Friend (1986), The Haunted (1991), A Kiss Before Dying (1991), Clownhouse (1989), TCM - The Next Generation (1994), Single White Female (1992), Pacific Heights (1990), Blair Witch 2 (2000), The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut
http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #807
Arlington Arlington is offline
Expert Member
 
Arlington's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
DC Metro
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackForrester View Post
Now that they're dealing with Universal, I hope they can get their hands on A Kiss Before Dying.
Not a very popular film and most people don't like it, but who knows. The death scenes are great and Matt Dillon plays a great villain.
Many scenes got cut and the ending was a reshoot. Would love to see the original end at the copper factory. Maybe, maybe



I LOOOVE this flick! Bring it on, someone!!!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JackForrester (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 10:30 PM   #808
PowellPressburger PowellPressburger is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
PowellPressburger's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Mpls, MN
926
181
50
56
Default

Speaking of Universal I really with Shout / Universal and Robert Zemeckis would let Scream or Shout release a special edition of Death Becomes Her. I'd love to see the early cut of the film with the scenes with Tracy Ullmann and the original ending. deleted scenes etc. the film itself could use a new HD scan at the least. And an option for both DTS HD 5.1 and 2.0 audio tracks. My dream would be to have Hawn, Streep, and Willis record a commentary track or give some new interviews.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JackForrester (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 10:35 PM   #809
JackForrester JackForrester is offline
Senior Member
 
JackForrester's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
São Paulo, Brazil
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
Speaking of Universal I really with Shout / Universal and Robert Zemeckis would let Scream or Shout release a special edition of Death Becomes Her. I'd love to see the early cut of the film with the scenes with Tracy Ullmann and the original ending. deleted scenes etc. the film itself could use a new HD scan at the least. And an option for both DTS HD 5.1 and 2.0 audio tracks. My dream would be to have Hawn, Streep, and Willis record a commentary track or give some new interviews.
Yes please! Also one of my childhood favorites!
Wishlist: The Hitcher (1986), Cruising (1980), Body Snatchers (1993), Deadly Friend (1986), The Haunted (1991), A Kiss Before Dying (1991), Clownhouse (1989), TCM - The Next Generation (1994), Single White Female (1992), Pacific Heights (1990), Blair Witch 2 (2000), The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut
http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:48 PM   #810
MTRodaba2468 MTRodaba2468 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
MTRodaba2468's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Western Kentucky
1
1686
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackForrester View Post
Yeah, I wasn't counting these. Very excited about them as well, especially The People Under The Stairs
I'd be more excited about The People Under The Stairs if I didn't already have the Arrow release. I don't imagine the transfer used will be any different (and it's a given that the encoding on Arrow's will be better), so it'll depend on the extras Scream collects before I make any double dipping decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
Speaking of Universal I really with Shout / Universal and Robert Zemeckis would let Scream or Shout release a special edition of Death Becomes Her. I'd love to see the early cut of the film with the scenes with Tracy Ullmann and the original ending. deleted scenes etc. the film itself could use a new HD scan at the least. And an option for both DTS HD 5.1 and 2.0 audio tracks. My dream would be to have Hawn, Streep, and Willis record a commentary track or give some new interviews.
I would love to see a Death Becomes Her get a Blu-Ray release...
#1 WEE MAN FAN
http://mtrodaba2468.dvdaf.com
1000 Blu-Rays as of 11/09/13: John Cassavetes: Five Films: Criterion Collection
1600 Blu-Rays as of 2/17/15: Game Of Thrones: Season 4
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:03 AM   #811
Aclea Aclea is offline
Senior Member
 
Aclea's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
Speaking of Universal I really with Shout / Universal and Robert Zemeckis would let Scream or Shout release a special edition of Death Becomes Her. I'd love to see the early cut of the film with the scenes with Tracy Ullmann and the original ending. deleted scenes etc. the film itself could use a new HD scan at the least. And an option for both DTS HD 5.1 and 2.0 audio tracks. My dream would be to have Hawn, Streep, and Willis record a commentary track or give some new interviews.
The first trailers for that seemed to consist entirely of scenes that weren't in the picture with actors who were no longer in it and plot developments taking it in a different direction.
"Gentleman, that last remark is not for publication. This is a D notice situation."
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:06 AM   #812
JackForrester JackForrester is offline
Senior Member
 
JackForrester's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
São Paulo, Brazil
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
I'd be more excited about The People Under The Stairs if I didn't already have the Arrow release. I don't imagine the transfer used will be any different (and it's a given that the encoding on Arrow's will be better), so it'll depend on the extras Scream collects before I make any double dipping decisions.
I know, after Universal released that ridiculous barebones edition in the US I almost got my hands in the Arrow edition. I have a Panasonic player and heard most Arrow titles can be played, but you can never be sure with these things, I was afraid I would spend a lot to import and then be stuck with a disc that couldn't be read.
So the Scream edition will be a day one for me
Wishlist: The Hitcher (1986), Cruising (1980), Body Snatchers (1993), Deadly Friend (1986), The Haunted (1991), A Kiss Before Dying (1991), Clownhouse (1989), TCM - The Next Generation (1994), Single White Female (1992), Pacific Heights (1990), Blair Witch 2 (2000), The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut
http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2

Last edited by JackForrester; 04-24-2015 at 02:15 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:12 AM   #813
JackForrester JackForrester is offline
Senior Member
 
JackForrester's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
São Paulo, Brazil
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclea View Post
The first trailers for that seemed to consist entirely of scenes that weren't in the picture with actors who were no longer in it and plot developments taking it in a different direction.
Yep, A Kiss Before Dying had the same problem. Tons of scenes in the trailer that never showed up in the film, and the ending was also a reshoot. The original ending was more faithful to the book the movie was based on, but apparently failed test screenings.
I don't see Shout! releasing a CE of AKBD as it's not a very popular film. To restore and include deleted scenes and alternate ending would cost them a lot of money.

But Death Becomes Her does have its fan base, who knows. I'd love a CE of DBH too
Wishlist: The Hitcher (1986), Cruising (1980), Body Snatchers (1993), Deadly Friend (1986), The Haunted (1991), A Kiss Before Dying (1991), Clownhouse (1989), TCM - The Next Generation (1994), Single White Female (1992), Pacific Heights (1990), Blair Witch 2 (2000), The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut
http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:28 AM   #814
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Power Member
 
Me-Hostage's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
291
71
72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
If you count the titles being released under the Scream line, they've announced The Sentinel, The Legacy and The People Under The Stairs...
Have they said if People Under the Stairs will get a new transfer? I was about to buy the current one, but will hold off for this one from Scream, love that art work.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:43 AM   #815
JackForrester JackForrester is offline
Senior Member
 
JackForrester's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
São Paulo, Brazil
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Hostage View Post
Have they said if People Under the Stairs will get a new transfer? I was about to buy the current one, but will hold off for this one from Scream, love that art work.
I doubt it. But it's a Collector's Edition. Probably a lot of juicy extras on the way. I'd def wait for this one.
Wishlist: The Hitcher (1986), Cruising (1980), Body Snatchers (1993), Deadly Friend (1986), The Haunted (1991), A Kiss Before Dying (1991), Clownhouse (1989), TCM - The Next Generation (1994), Single White Female (1992), Pacific Heights (1990), Blair Witch 2 (2000), The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut
http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:19 AM   #816
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Power Member
 
Me-Hostage's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
291
71
72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackForrester View Post
I doubt it. But it's a Collector's Edition. Probably a lot of juicy extras on the way. I'd def wait for this one.
I said I was about to pick up the first release, but was going to hold off for this one... well, I looked on the shelf and apparently I already have the original release. I will still get this one though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:28 PM   #817
BrandonJF BrandonJF is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2010
2700
33
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackForrester View Post
I know, after Universal released that ridiculous barebones edition in the US I almost got my hands in the Arrow edition. I have a Panasonic player and heard most Arrow titles can be played, but you can never be sure with these things, I was afraid I would spend a lot to import and then be stuck with a disc that couldn't be read.
So the Scream edition will be a day one for me
I think it depends on the Panasonic player, but I have the DMP-BDT210 and have had no problem playing any Arrow region locked releases. I also have two region locked Second Sight releases ("Streets of Fire" and "Midnight Run") and both play fine. The player hasn't been hacked - I just start the disc, hit stop when it fails to play due to the region lock, then press the "Title" button and I'm at the menu.

You wouldn't be spending a lot to import, either - these Arrow releases would probably be cheaper to import than what you'll pay for Shout's releases. Right now, "The People Under the Stairs" would be $15.15 shipped from Zavvi to the U.S..

I'll be surprised if Shout eclipses Arrow even in the features department. We know they won't as far as PQ is concerned. It might be worth checking to see if your Panasonic is one of the models that has this workaround if Shout's extras end up not being as impressive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:04 PM   #818
JackForrester JackForrester is offline
Senior Member
 
JackForrester's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
São Paulo, Brazil
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I think it depends on the Panasonic player, but I have the DMP-BDT210 and have had no problem playing any Arrow region locked releases. I also have two region locked Second Sight releases ("Streets of Fire" and "Midnight Run") and both play fine. The player hasn't been hacked - I just start the disc, hit stop when it fails to play due to the region lock, then press the "Title" button and I'm at the menu.

You wouldn't be spending a lot to import, either - these Arrow releases would probably be cheaper to import than what you'll pay for Shout's releases. Right now, "The People Under the Stairs" would be $15.15 shipped from Zavvi to the U.S..

I'll be surprised if Shout eclipses Arrow even in the features department. We know they won't as far as PQ is concerned. It might be worth checking to see if your Panasonic is one of the models that has this workaround if Shout's extras end up not being as impressive.
I'm not in the US, so it's not cheap to import either way
But you're right about the Arrow edition being cheaper than most Scream releases. Scream is not very cheap, especially on day one.

Now a lot of people are saying this release is redundant because clearly Scream no way can top the Arrow disc. I read some reviews on the Arrow ed and didn't think the extra features were THAT amazing.
Plus Scream usually stays away from releases they can't top, like Return of The Living Dead. They said they'll never get that because they wouldn't be able to top the Second Sight CE. So I'm pretty confident they will do a better job with the extras in People Under the Stairs, otherwise they wouldn't bother
Wishlist: The Hitcher (1986), Cruising (1980), Body Snatchers (1993), Deadly Friend (1986), The Haunted (1991), A Kiss Before Dying (1991), Clownhouse (1989), TCM - The Next Generation (1994), Single White Female (1992), Pacific Heights (1990), Blair Witch 2 (2000), The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut
http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #819
BrandonJF BrandonJF is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2010
2700
33
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackForrester View Post
They said they'll never get that because they wouldn't be able to top the Second Sight CE. So I'm pretty confident they will do a better job with the extras in People Under the Stairs, otherwise they wouldn't bother
I don't understand why Shout would feel they are in competition with a region-locked release. Given that they are distributing in the U.S., why would they throw in the towel if they can't outdo the supplements in a region-locked release that the majority of their customer base would never see?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:30 PM   #820
JackForrester JackForrester is offline
Senior Member
 
JackForrester's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
São Paulo, Brazil
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I don't understand why Shout would feel they are in competition with a region-locked release. Given that they are distributing in the U.S., why would they throw in the towel if they can't outdo the supplements in a region-locked release that the majority of their customer base would never see?
I think that's something only Shout could answer. I'm just quoting something they said: "Return Of The Living Dead not happening because we can't top Second Sight edition".

If that's how they feel about it (don't ask me why), I assume they're putting out a CE of People Under The Stairs because they feel confident about their supplemental material and don't feel it would be redundant, like ROTLD would be (in their opinion, not mine)
Wishlist: The Hitcher (1986), Cruising (1980), Body Snatchers (1993), Deadly Friend (1986), The Haunted (1991), A Kiss Before Dying (1991), Clownhouse (1989), TCM - The Next Generation (1994), Single White Female (1992), Pacific Heights (1990), Blair Witch 2 (2000), The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989)

Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut
http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2

Last edited by JackForrester; 04-24-2015 at 05:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 AM.