Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.96
9 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Son of Batman (Blu-ray)
$8.00
11 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

You Only Live Twice (Blu-ray)
$3.99
9 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$29.96
3 hrs ago
The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Old 11-25-2014, 02:50 AM   #1981
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman922 View Post
I heard Martin and Logan's once , they had a very open and transparent sound very Nice sounding speakers
Quote:
Let me try my phone, my tablet is about to fly across the room if it happens again!
So as you can see the gear driving the speakers today was a parasound pre amp and amp and a rega cd player.
As for how the speakers sounded I was highly impressed with the dynaudio speakers! They had very detailed highs nice smooth mids and sneaky deep bass very tight and fast that surprised you with the size of the cabinets. They are very wfa . We listened for almost 3 hours today and used several artist. John Mayer, clapton, Celine Dion, ChristinaAguilera, Toni Braxton, the eagles, jars of clay, Justin Timberlake and even some godsmack.
The x38s excelled at all ot them they were very musical you just want to keep listening! They imaged vey well and had a very large sound stage. I could own a pair of these and be very very happy for years to come!
As for the Maggies they were really transparent and airy the music was hard to pin point were it was coming from. If you are single or are the only one who will be listening to them at a time they would be great. But I have to say they are not for me, the sweet spot is very small if you move a foot or two off it the sound quality changes drastically! Also they definitely need a sub to go with them as they don't dig very deep.
As far as how the x38s sound vs my 100s I would have to hear the x38s with my gear to give a true opinion, I think my xmc1 has a warmer sound than the parasound pre amp.
I came home and listened to a lot of the same songs again and my set up seemed to have a warmer sound. If I had to give an opinion I would say the dynaudio speakers have more open and transparent highs but the digms have more of a mid bass and deep bass presence. Both sound fantastic just a different way of presenting the music.
So if you are looking for a new set of speakers I highly recommend giving dynaudio a listen! The Maggies are nice but I think they are more of a specific type of listening speaker to me anyway.
Hopefully this post helps someone out I think my friend Paul is trying to talk his wife into some dynaudio speakers now Lol
Nice write up Tom!!!

I find Parasound to sound very neutral in their pre-amps. Im not surprised that Emo is warmer. Also in my experience, warmer sounding units tend to have a little more upper mid-bass, where more neutral units have bass that actually pulls lower and deeper. For example, Naim had more upper mid-bass then Simaudio, Naim was warmer then the Sim, but the Sim did seem to draw down deeper into the bass region. I still preferred the sound of the Naim, it seemed IMO to have more rhythm and better timing, but the Sim was nice also, just more explicit and straight forward.

I told you to take your Emo pre!!

Anyways, Nice to hear that you enjoyed the sound of the Dyns. Did you listen to those C1s while you where there?
Video: Panasonic 55" P55ST50, Oppo BDP-103
Amplification: Integra DTR-40.2, Naim Nait XS-2 Integrated Amp
2-CH: Jolida FX Tube DAC, MacBook Pro, Audirvana Music Software
Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210 C, DM 2/6
Subwoofer:
Hsu VTF-2 MK4, Auralex Subriser
Old 11-25-2014, 03:09 AM   #1982
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Nice write up Tom!!!

I find Parasound to sound very neutral in their pre-amps. Im not surprised that Emo is warmer. Also in my experience, warmer sounding units tend to have a little more upper mid-bass, where more neutral units have bass that actually pulls lower and deeper. For example, Naim had more upper mid-bass then Simaudio, Naim was warmer then the Sim, but the Sim did seem to draw down deeper into the bass region. I still preferred the sound of the Naim, it seemed IMO to have more rhythm and better timing, but the Sim was nice also, just more explicit and straight forward.

I told you to take your Emo pre!!

Anyways, Nice to hear that you enjoyed the sound of the Dyns. Did you listen to those C1s while you where there?
No I didn't listen to the c1s they were some serious looking speakers though!
AUDIO EMOTIVA XMC1 XPA3 XPA2
SPEAKERS STUDIO 100s V.5 CC590 ADP190S
VIDEO SAMSUNG PLASMA 58 INCH
OPPO BDP 93 / ERC3
GAMINING PS3 80GIG FATBOY RIP NOW PS3 SLIM 320 GIG
SUBS SVS PB12NSD PARADIGM DSP3100
TURN TABLE - REGA RP6 Ortofon 2m Bronze
CABLES L/R SPEAKERS- AUDIOQUEST ROCKET 33s
Old 11-25-2014, 03:27 AM   #1983
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
No I didn't listen to the c1s they were some serious looking speakers though!
Yeah, I would have loved to have heard your impressions of those speakers. If you get to go back... give them a 30 minute listen. Dynaudio is known for making serious Monitor speakers.
Video: Panasonic 55" P55ST50, Oppo BDP-103
Amplification: Integra DTR-40.2, Naim Nait XS-2 Integrated Amp
2-CH: Jolida FX Tube DAC, MacBook Pro, Audirvana Music Software
Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210 C, DM 2/6
Subwoofer:
Hsu VTF-2 MK4, Auralex Subriser
Old Yesterday, 01:36 AM   #1984
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
florida

Spinning this right now, love the song Xanadu ! 20141125_203419.jpg
AUDIO EMOTIVA XMC1 XPA3 XPA2