COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.98
Megamind 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.70
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air (Blu-ray)
$14.22
Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Handhelds, Mobiles, Tablets, Apps etc

Old 09-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #4661

Jan 2008
Chesapeake, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop_99 View Post
The Magpul bump case seems like a solid case for the iPhone. My friend bought it for his iPhone 5s Magpul Bump Case - iPhone 5 & 5s - YouTube He said that the UAG case didn't fit as well on the iPhone 5s. Magpul case seems solid and offers good protection like the UAG case, but apparently it fits the iPhone 5s a a lot better than the UAG case, offers more protection than Spigen and doesn't add the bulk of OtterBox.

I would have given Magpul a shot for my GS4, but they didn't offer an all black case, so I got the UAG case, which fits perfectly on my phone. Not sure how long does Magpul take to release cases for the new iPhones though. They make gun accessories, so they use good materials on their phone cases. Another phone case maker to consider.
I have the Magpul on my 5. It's okay. I'm not a big fan of the texture. And the bottom only has individual holes for the headphones, plug-in port, and speakers. That means that it doesn't work with the 30-pin to Lightning adapters, because the adapter is too think and can't get up inside the port. So, if I have to use an adapter, I have to peel the bottom of the case off the phone every time.
Sony BDP-S570
Panasonic TH-50PZ77U
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K
Harmony One
Old 09-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #4662

Jun 2014
under a pile of bluray's

Just watched a video and saw all them people standing in line for the iPhone yesterday.

What kinda of jobs do these people have that they can just take off work to go stand in line for a freaking $500+ phone?
Will do a video on youtube of my bluray collection at the first of September.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #4663
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Gillette Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekesmind View Post
Just watched a video and saw all them people standing in line for the iPhone yesterday.

What kinda of jobs do these people have that they can just take off work to go stand in line for a freaking $500+ phone?

I mean i can leave work when i want for 1-2 hours if needed. Depends on the job really. Just do what i did. Pre order AND go to work. Problem solved.
Patriots
Bruins
Old 09-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #4664

Jun 2014
under a pile of bluray's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady_2_Moss View Post
I mean i can leave work when i want for 1-2 hours if needed. Depends on the job really. Just do what i did. Pre order AND go to work. Problem solved.
no I am happy with my android I was just saying.
Will do a video on youtube of my bluray collection at the first of September.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #4665
Special Member

Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnowels View Post
I have the Magpul on my 5. It's okay. I'm not a big fan of the texture. And the bottom only has individual holes for the headphones, plug-in port, and speakers. That means that it doesn't work with the 30-pin to Lightning adapters, because the adapter is too think and can't get up inside the port. So, if I have to use an adapter, I have to peel the bottom of the case off the phone every time.
Oh ok, it's more so for the lightning cable. I get it. Although why is the 30 pin connector still useful? To hook up with older apple devices? I thought they moved most things to the lightning ports.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #4666

Jan 2008
Chesapeake, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop_99 View Post
Oh ok, it's more so for the lightning cable. I get it. Although why is the 30 pin connector still useful? To hook up with older apple devices? I thought they moved most things to the lightning ports.
Yeah, you are correct. Anything from the last few years uses the lightning. But I still have a 30-pin adapter for my car that I bought years ago, and I keep an old 30-pin cable at work for charging because I don't have an extra lightning to leave there.
Sony BDP-S570
Panasonic TH-50PZ77U
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K
Harmony One
Thanks given by:
Bishop_99 (09-20-2014)
Old 09-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #4667
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekesmind View Post

Perhaps, they requested for the day (and probably the days prior if they were really fiending) off in advance?
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #4668

Nov 2012
Seattle, WA
Default iPhone Thread (iPhone 6, Plus out September 19, 2014)

My iPhone 6 preorder arrived yesterday, but I was at work; unboxed and now it's time to go to work again.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:19 AM   #4669
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Gillette Stadium

why when i connect my 6 to itunes to sync..it gets stuck on step 6...and only way to stop is to unplug it...anyone know why?
Patriots
Bruins
Old 09-21-2014, 03:13 AM   #4670
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
KY

I know that this might be a stupid question, but how do you turn the iphone 6 on and off? I got a new case for it and where the on and off button was on the iphone 5 is covered now on iphone 6.
Proud to be a member of the ACC!!
Old 09-21-2014, 03:29 AM   #4671
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-Blu View Post
I know that this might be a stupid question, but how do you turn the iphone 6 on and off? I got a new case for it and where the on and off button was on the iphone 5 is covered now on iphone 6.
It's on the right side.

I think I made a mistake in downloading iOS 8 for my iPad 2. It's glitchy and seizes up. I'm hoping 8.0.1 might help a little bit but I'm not holding my breath.
"Don't stay up thinking of ways to get rid of me, it makes wrinkles." - Vincent Price (as Frederick Loren)

No raccoons or tree creatures were harmed during the making of this post.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #4672
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007

WTF?!? iOS 8.0 removed album covers from playlists. Im regretting upgrading now bc this is really bothering me. I liked the visuals in the music app as I have a lot of playlists and folders
Old 09-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #4673
Special Member

Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl

Curious. How much available space do you all have on the 126GB/64GB/16GB model? How much does iOS 8 take up?

Those with the iPhone 6 Plus, how long does it take to charge up the phone? From 0% to 100% or 0% to 50%.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:28 PM   #4674
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)

I finally caved and downloaded IOS 8 on my iPhone 5. There's a video on YouTube called "Black market takes over the iPhone 6 lines". It's about the iPhone 6 lines at the Apple stores in NYC. Really pathetic IMO.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #4675
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Got my 6 and love it more then I thought I would. Reminds me a lot of the 3GS with the round feeling. Fits great in one hand and in my pocket.
Breaking Bad complete series Ultraviolet code 30$ PM ME!
MAIN
Samsung 52" 60 hz
Denon AVR 890
Polk 5.1 RM85
PS3 320GB Move bundle
OPPO-80 Region Free
Harmony One Remote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #4676

Feb 2008

Pre-ordered my 6 on the first day you were able to (via Rogers here in Canada). My phone shipped to the store on Friday and has been in store since Saturday morning at 11:30am. I'm still told I'm not able to pick it up because it's not in their system yet. It's just a phone, but it's a little ridiculous. I need to start a telecomm company.
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #4677
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Matty View Post
Pre-ordered my 6 on the first day you were able to (via Rogers here in Canada). My phone shipped to the store on Friday and has been in store since Saturday morning at 11:30am. I'm still told I'm not able to pick it up because it's not in their system yet. It's just a phone, but it's a little ridiculous. I need to start a telecomm company.
Same thing with me with rogers. Pre-ordered, shipped and delivered on Friday. I just casually went into the store yesterday and he told me if we didn't call you , you can't pick it up yet. I asked if he could just check the schedule to see when I would get a call and after looking he said " Oh, looks like your phone is ready and you can get it now. There was no notes next to your name for whatever reason"

If it's not too far and have the time, you could always go in store and ask.

By the way, the bluetooth speaker that Rogers give you is pretty sick. Sound quality is pretty good and it's ultra portable.

Good luck
Breaking Bad complete series Ultraviolet code 30$ PM ME!
MAIN
Samsung 52" 60 hz
Denon AVR 890
Polk 5.1 RM85
PS3 320GB Move bundle
OPPO-80 Region Free
Harmony One Remote
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #4678
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Still waiting for my 6+ to come in the mail, but I was at Best Buy and they had one on display and I can't for the life of me figure out what all of the fuss was about the size of the phone perhaps being too big! Had no problem scrolling through it with one hand (even reaching top to bottom with my thumb). Can't wait for mine to arrive!!!
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #4679
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
KY

I got a question, on the Weather app (under the messages icon) how do I get it to show weather where ever I'm at? Like if I'm on vacation, in a different county/state, etc.

On my IPhone 5 it automatically did that.
Proud to be a member of the ACC!!
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #4680
Expert Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
Still waiting for my 6+ to come in the mail, but I was at Best Buy and they had one on display and I can't for the life of me figure out what all of the fuss was about the size of the phone perhaps being too big! Had no problem scrolling through it with one hand (even reaching top to bottom with my thumb). Can't wait for mine to arrive!!!
Was wondering how that fits pocket-wise and talking w/ it on your ear...
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal gov't, are FEW and DEFINED."-Madison
TV: Mitsubishi WD-82838
DVR: Directv HR44-200
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP-S780
Gaming Consoles: Microsoft Xbox 360 & One
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony One
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Handhelds, Mobiles, Tablets, Apps etc