Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$84.99
Fast & Furious 1-6 Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.49
The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$7.50
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$87.99
The Three Musketeers 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Vikings: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$20.00
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$15.00
3 Games to Glory IV (Blu-ray)
$34.59
Clint Eastwood: The Universal Pictures 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$67.47
Wild (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Predestination (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #1061

Jul 2014

Can't wait to get my hands on those Bronx movies!
Thanks given by:
Blu Titan (03-10-2015)
Old 02-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #1062
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by acantho View Post
Can't wait to get my hands on those Bronx movies!
Down to $17.99 each on Amazon. Preordered all 3 yesterday. Only have a few BU releases and have been happy with all of them. I have no doubt I'll be happy with whatever else they bring out.
There are no strings on me.

No raccoons or tree creatures were harmed during the making of this post.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #1063

Jun 2013
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyK View Post
Down to $17.99 each on Amazon. Preordered all 3 yesterday. Only have a few BU releases and have been happy with all of them. I have no doubt I'll be happy with whatever else they bring out.

Don't get too confident - Companeros was supposed to be terrible.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #1064
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

If you read this thread you will like Shockwaves...I loved it. One of my favorites from BU. A well crafted and acted, "moody" Nazi zombie movie. Actually it is now my favorite Nazi zombie movie .
Old 03-11-2015, 12:07 AM   #1065
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Underground
We're pleased to announce our first new acquisition of 2015: Ferdinando Baldi's GET MEAN, starring Tony Anthony as "The Stranger," will be making it's Blu-ray & DVD debuts later this year! No further information to report at this time...

https://www.facebook.com/11740028014...type=1&theater
Old 03-11-2015, 12:32 AM   #1066
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
Looks good .
Old 03-11-2015, 01:31 AM   #1067
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
If you read this thread you will like Shockwaves...I loved it. One of my favorites from BU. A well crafted and acted, "moody" Nazi zombie movie. Actually it is now my favorite Nazi zombie movie .
I got that last week and watched it, I don't know how much I liked it. It's clunky and sorta boring and most definitely looks and feels like its budget (it's one of the most ugly, washed-out jungle movies I've ever seen), but it occasionally rises past that limitation and pulls off some moody stuff. The scenes on the boat at night at the beginning in particular were legitimately creepy, especially when the freighter goes past and hits them. Some of the shots of the zombies coming out of the water or the crazy stuntman zombie walking on the ocean floor are rather striking. Peter Cushing and John Carradine are fun to see, even if it's clear that they were just kinda hired guns who just showed up for a couple days and split. It's also fun seeing Brooke Adams before she was in anything legit. I liked the story in her interview about how her and the wardrobe lady sabotaged the scripted nudity by wearing bright clothes in the scenes around it (which were filmed first) so there was no way to film a nude scene without destroying continuity. :P

It's the best nazi zombie movie I've seen, but that's like saying Chairman of the Board is the best Carrot Top movie I've seen! Zombie Lake was bad, bad, bad. Haha.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:59 AM   #1068

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
The director has done some good films-- I wonder if this will be the full director's cut
Old 03-11-2015, 03:22 AM   #1069
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Love spaghetti westerns - bring 'em on
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (04-14-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #1070

Aug 2007
Virginia
Send a message via AIM to JMDiaz718 Send a message via Yahoo to JMDiaz718
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
I got that last week and watched it, I don't know how much I liked it. It's clunky and sorta boring and most definitely looks and feels like its budget (it's one of the most ugly, washed-out jungle movies I've ever seen), but it occasionally rises past that limitation and pulls off some moody stuff. The scenes on the boat at night at the beginning in particular were legitimately creepy, especially when the freighter goes past and hits them. Some of the shots of the zombies coming out of the water or the crazy stuntman zombie walking on the ocean floor are rather striking. Peter Cushing and John Carradine are fun to see, even if it's clear that they were just kinda hired guns who just showed up for a couple days and split. It's also fun seeing Brooke Adams before she was in anything legit. I liked the story in her interview about how her and the wardrobe lady sabotaged the scripted nudity by wearing bright clothes in the scenes around it (which were filmed first) so there was no way to film a nude scene without destroying continuity. :P

It's the best nazi zombie movie I've seen, but that's like saying Chairman of the Board is the best Carrot Top movie I've seen! Zombie Lake was bad, bad, bad. Haha.
You thought Shock Waves was boring? Geez. It's a favorite of mine, from WOR-TV, back in my teen years in NYC. Lots of fun, atmosphere and creepy Nazombies.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #1071
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDiaz718 View Post
You thought Shock Waves was boring? Geez. It's a favorite of mine, from WOR-TV, back in my teen years in NYC. Lots of fun, atmosphere and creepy Nazombies.
Totally agree on points. I guess that people prefer when zombies lunch on humans the entire movie...I much prefet the creepy atmosphere in this movie .
Old 03-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #1072
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
WI, USA

I'm fine with slow, atmospheric low budget horror movies and I'm fine with zombies that just grab people, I just didn't like how amateur hour sections of this movie felt. A lot of the attacks are really repetitive and the plot just sorta lurches from point A to point B without bothering with some of the details. Much of the zombie footage was shot after the rest of the movie and wasn't subject to the same time constraints as the stuff with Cushing/Carradine, and it shows - that stuff is clearly much better filmed. I guess the director was learning how to make a movie as he went and pretty much had it down by the time he did all the zombie stuff.

One complaint I keep seeing in reviews that I didn't think was fair, though, are how a lot of people single out how
[Show spoiler]some zombies die when their goggles get pulled off, and others don't. The only zombie you see alive with no goggles is at night, and all the ones that die are in the daylight, so I figured it was something to do with getting sun in their eyes!
Old 03-12-2015, 02:58 PM   #1073

Sep 2012

Never found a lot to like in SHOCK WAVES, I saw it in the late 70's and was not overly impressed, but it is worth a look for fans of Carradine & Cushing, and Brooke wears a mean bikini. Revisiting it again recently was a chore, not helped by the lousy source used for the BD. The second half of the film drags on interminably. The opening and initial set up are nice & creepy but the screenplay is goes nowhere after the 40 min point.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:53 AM   #1074

Jun 2014
NYC

RIP Robert Z'Dar!
Thanks given by:
BrianS (04-01-2015), dohrmannmf (04-01-2015), Ill_Be_Back (04-01-2015), Needleman (04-01-2015), Nocturnaloner (04-15-2015), redrunner97 (04-01-2015), Sleazeaddict (04-01-2015), Undeadcow (04-01-2015), Val Lewton (04-01-2015)
Old 04-01-2015, 05:02 AM   #1075
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

I actually just watched their release of Maniac Cop 2 last night before I found out this news and was planning on watching Maniac Cop 3 tonight.
Favourites of 2015, So Far (in descending order and UK release dates apply): 4) Jupiter Ascending. 3) Clown. 2) John Wick. 1) Kingsman: The Secret Service.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #1076
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

From here:

Quote:
Actor Robert Z'Dar, the massive man with the gigantic chin best known for the cult film series "Maniac Cop," died Monday night in Pensacola after being hospitalized when he came to town to appear at Pensacon, according to his long-time manager and friend Jim Decker.

Born Robert J. Zdarsky, the 6-foot-2 actor was featured in more than 121 films, including cult classics like the first three "Maniac Cop" films, "Soultaker," "The Final Sanction" and "Samurai Cop" (the sequel to which Z'Dar had been set to join immediately after Pensacon). He also enjoyed roles in mainstream hits such as "Tango & Cash" and TV roles on "Growing Pains" and the 1990 series "The Flash."

Instantly recognizable for his large face and jutting jaw, his fanbase grew when two of his films, "Soultaker" and "Future War," were lampooned on "Mystery Science Theater 3000." A staple on the convention scene, he appeared at both of Pensacon's shows.

Decker said Z'Dar was hospitalized after suffering chest pains during Pensacon, and was on the mend before going into cardiac arrest Monday night.

"We talked every day," Decker said. "We've been together through thick and thin. He was the first actor I took on in my career as an agent. We spent many weekends on the road together and a lot of time enjoying each other's company. I miss him dearly."

Decker said Z'Dar continued to be in demand as an actor and he continued to review scripts up until the last moments of his life. He'd been looking forward to his role in "Samurai Cop 2" and was eager to get back to work.

Decker mentioned that prior to his acting career, Z'Dar played football for Arizona State University, was in a band called Nova Express and spent time as a Chippendale's dancer.

Pensacon Chairman Mike Ensley said he and other representatives of Pensacon have been keeping tabs on Z'Dar's condition since the convention, and that he appeared to be improving before his heart gave out.

"Everyone at Pensacon is very saddened," Ensley said. "But we are glad he was here and that he didn't pass away alone."

Decker said that Z'Dar, who was 64, is survived by a brother, Billy Zdarsky, and a nephew, Matthew. He said those who would like to send condolences could do so through his email, esotericking@gmail.com.

Funeral arrangements were not immediately available.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:41 AM   #1077

Jul 2014
Alamogordo, NM

Just finished watching God Told Me To and man, BU did a bang up job on this one. I'm a big Larry Cohen fan and love his films and never was a big fan of this one seeing it originally on VHS but the HD transfer has breathed new life into it and I've gained a new respect for this film. Funny thing I recognised Andy Kaufman right away, i didn't know this was his first film. Recomend this one all the way.
Hell Night / Band of the Hand / It's Alive / Funeral Home / Night Warning / Quiet Cool / Who Can Kill a Child? / Alone in the Dark / Last Cannibal World / Unhinged / Gymkata / The Witch who Came from the Sea / Rad / Future Kill / Hunter's Blood / The Changeling / Devil Times Five / The Pit / The New Kids / Phantasm / The Zero Boys / Moving Violations
Old 04-14-2015, 11:27 PM   #1078

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
Love spaghetti westerns - bring 'em on
Was at first confused by this Blu-ray title Get Mean, because the Warner Archive are supposed to be releasing a DVD set called The Stranger Collection. But it turns out Get Mean is a different Stranger film, again starring Tony Anthony as The Stranger.

Haven't got any Blue Underground Blu-ray titles (have some DVD titles, which I hope Blue Underground (or another label) release on Blu-ray - The Killing Hour, The Pyjama Girl Case and Who Saw Her Die?), but there are two titles I've been thinking about getting on Blu-ray for a while now (Maniac Cop 2 and 3). Waiting to see if a UK or European label will release them on Blu-ray (I know that the US Blu-rays are apparently region free).
Holy grail Blu-ray slasher horror film/TV film announcements - Blood and Lace, Chopping Mall, The Clown at Midnight, Deadly Games, Edge of the Axe, Fatal Games, Fatal Pulse, Formula for a Murder, Ghosthouse, Hard to Die, Hide and Go Shriek, Hotline, Last Dance, Mirage, Next of Kin, Nightkill, Phobia, Prom Night II: Hello Mary Lou, Screamtime, The Seduction, Shallow Grave, Slaughter Night, Till Death Do Us Part, Too Scared to Scream, You Will Die at Midnight.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:50 PM   #1079

May 2011
Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
I asked BU for clarification on FB for FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE. Unfortunately...

"We were planning to do a FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE Blu-ray only to learn that the original negative had been destroyed. We are now searching if any other suitable materials exist in order to do a HD transfer. Nothing else to report at this time..."
Looks like there are prints that are still around!

This was posted on BU's FB page today:

This is pretty cool: Tomorrow night (4/16) at 9:30pm, the Nitehawk Cinema in Brooklyn NY is screening one of the last surviving 35mm prints of FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE! Presented by The Deuce, our very own William Lustig will be attending the screening as guest curator.
R.I.P DVDSpot
Thanks given by:
saginawjuggalo (04-16-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors