Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The James Bond Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.96
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The X-Files: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The X-Files: The Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$192.78
The Intern (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Pieces (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Brooklyn (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Dope (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hotel Transylvania 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hotel Transylvania 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Arrow: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$16.96
Outlaw: Gangster VIP Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015, 01:29 AM   #6421
WhySoBlu? WhySoBlu? is offline
Special Member
 
WhySoBlu?'s Avatar
 
Sep 2014
They're gonna give daddy the Rain Man suite, do ya dig that? Vegas, Baby! Vegas!
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I value imagery and sound more than a lot of people here though I have noticed.
Yet you choose to downmix any soundtrack that's not stereo or mono. Curious.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:31 AM   #6422
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
815
225
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post
Yet you choose to downmix any soundtrack that's not stereo or mono. Curious.
Stop picking fights over stupid shit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:45 AM   #6423
WhySoBlu? WhySoBlu? is offline
Special Member
 
WhySoBlu?'s Avatar
 
Sep 2014
They're gonna give daddy the Rain Man suite, do ya dig that? Vegas, Baby! Vegas!
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Stop picking fights over stupid shit.
Hey, I'm just trying to reconcile your claim with the facts.

Claiming you "value imagery and sound more than a lot of people here" is... well we'll just call it "bold." Although if you're just referring to those who are using their TV speakers, I suppose I could see that.

But still...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:03 AM   #6424
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
815
225
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post
Claiming you "value imagery and sound more than a lot of people here" is... well we'll just call it "bold." Although if you're just referring to those who are using their TV speakers, I suppose I could see that.
Preferring 2.1 because I dislike surround effects has nothing at all to do with enjoying a film for its music and visuals even if the writing is poor. Disliking surround sound also has nothing at all to do with liking sound in general, or my kick-ass speakers and sub. Obvious tenuous link to try and start an argument is obvious.

You seem obsessed with my dislike of surround sound. You bring it up often. I have no idea why you care so much about what I like or dislike.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:39 AM   #6425
Infernal King Infernal King is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Infernal King's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
The heck of it is, there's a LOT of decidedly average stuff in his filmography (not just recently) so I don't think the sun shines out of his arse but he comes up with a genre-defining classic every 20 years or so which is why the studios keep on hiring him. I think Prometheus is piss in its current form, being pretty as hell to look at but it plays like it's been written and edited by interns, regardless of how lofty the themes are. When average turns into outright bad that's when I start worrying about any director, not just Scott.
Yeah, Ridley has had way more misses than hits in my opinion as well, and not just in the past 10 years. All throughout his career he's been wildly inconsistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I'll have to remember that one if someone ever pulls me up on owning the Transformers movies or STID: film is just as much a visual and aural medium, so I'm admiring the artform in my own way by watching giant robot testicles clanging together.
Oh man I laughed pretty hard at this.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (10-10-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 03:00 AM   #6426
GC Riot GC Riot is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
GC Riot's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden
296
22
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal King View Post
Yeah, Ridley has had way more misses than hits in my opinion as well, and not just in the past 10 years. All throughout his career he's been wildly inconsistent.
I'll agree that his output has been inconsistent, but I also agree with the few who say that he's never made a "bad" film. Some of them have more glaring issues than others, but so far, having a "Directed by Ridley Scott"-attachment has always been a kind of assurance that the film will be worth my time in the end.

The only film I've had real problems with was G.I. Jane, which I didn't like upon release, but have come to appreciate a lot more recently upon rewatching it a few months ago. The Counsellor was a bit of a strange beast as well, but there was a lot to like and I'm going to rewatch that one soon enough as well and try to pick up on some of the things I probably missed the first time around.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
StingingVelvet (08-05-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 03:01 AM   #6427
Infernal King Infernal King is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Infernal King's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Riot View Post
I'll agree that his output has been inconsistent, but I also agree with the few who say that he's never made a "bad" film. Some of them have more glaring issues than others, but so far, having a "Directed by Ridley Scott"-attachment has always been a kind of assurance that the film will be worth my time in the end.

The only film I've had real problems with was G.I. Jane, which I didn't like upon release, but have come to appreciate a lot more recently upon rewatching it a few months ago. The Counsellor was a bit of a strange beast as well, but there was a lot to like and I'm going to rewatch that one soon enough as well and try to pick up on some of the things I probably missed the first time around.
I think he's made some bad movies but hooray for you being able to enjoy his entire filmography more than me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GC Riot (08-05-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #6428
JimDiGriz JimDiGriz is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JimDiGriz's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
UK
346
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDragon View Post
I remember revisiting Alien before watching Prometheus, and listening to the commentary for the first time, and there he is describing his prequel concept in detail. I'm thinking to myself, "Holy shit, he's describing Prometheus thirteen years before he did it!"
Damn, going to have to listen to that Alien commentary again now!

My Alien obsessed brother probably already knows
What does that mean, Rickles?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
LuckyDragon (08-05-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 08:47 AM   #6429
blurayfriend blurayfriend is online now
Special Member
 
blurayfriend's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
538
27
Default

There seems to be a new version of the set released just this past month, that removes the DVD and now says "blu-ray + digital hd" at the top. Has anyone picked this up? I'm sure it's the same disc, but just wondering if the Digital HD includes option for iTunes or if it's now just a UV code. Thanks-
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:06 AM   #6430
film11 film11 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal King View Post
I think he's made some bad movies but hooray for you being able to enjoy his entire filmography more than me.
I certainly won't ever be watching A GOOD YEAR again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #6431
Arawn Arawn is offline
Senior Member
 
Arawn's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
For whatever reasons their mission has turned into destruction rather than creation
They learned it by watching Arthur C. Clarke.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #6432
Mr. Cinema Mr. Cinema is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Mr. Cinema's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
NC
14
94
1
52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayfriend View Post
There seems to be a new version of the set released just this past month, that removes the DVD and now says "blu-ray + digital hd" at the top. Has anyone picked this up? I'm sure it's the same disc, but just wondering if the Digital HD includes option for iTunes or if it's now just a UV code. Thanks-
I think most of Fox's Digital Codes are non-itunes. I think the new BD+Digital version is the one at Best Buy for $4.99.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #6433
blurayfriend blurayfriend is online now
Special Member
 
blurayfriend's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
538
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post
I think most of Fox's Digital Codes are non-itunes. I think the new BD+Digital version is the one at Best Buy for $4.99.
Just saw this- so the new one (w/out the DVD) has a UV copy only, not the option for both like their new releases? Sorry for asking over and over, just seeing if anyone can confirm.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:58 PM.